New here, just introducing myself

Hi guys,

I am new to this site, having been lurking/perusing the forum for the last little while. You seem like my kind of people, as the few people I know who like the Smiths refuse to even engage with his solo career past Everyday is Like Sunday lol 😑 I'm looking forward to discussing his newer albums, and seeing the consensus on them.

Just wondering how everyone is keeping, and what everyone is listening to?

Welcome! I like the manic street preachers!!

Hi guys,

I am new to this site, having been lurking/perusing the forum for the last little while. You seem like my kind of people, as the few people I know who like the Smiths refuse to even engage with his solo career past Everyday is Like Sunday lol 😑 I'm looking forward to discussing his newer albums, and seeing the consensus on them.

Right now I’m listening to the piano intro to Everyday Is Like Sunday, in my head. Welcome. I hope you’ll enjoy it here.

Hi guys,

heaven,welcome to the nuthouse.you are more than welcome to post whatever you want.
the new albums will be good but its when we will get to hear them.

Hi guys,

Pleased to meet you, friend. What part of this unhappy planet do you come from? 🤔

Hello! Technically I was a solo fan first, but just by 6 months or so till I grabbed Meat Is Murder. I'm a big fan of Morrissey's solo material up until today. Those Smiths fans you know who don't listen past Morrissey 1990 or so don't know what they are missing.

Hello! Technically I was a solo fan first, but just by 6 months or so till I grabbed Meat Is Murder. I'm a big fan of Morrissey's solo material up until today. Those Smiths fans you know who don't listen past Morrissey 1990 or so don't know what they are missing.
too true juan,give me solo M every day of the week.

Welcome! I am a Smiths fan and do prefer Morrissey's earlier solo material, but there's room for everyone here. I saw him on his first 2 solo tours in the US and believe that was his best time, but did see him again after.
Lately, I have been listening mostly to New Order's live concerts, older and newer.

Welcome! I am a Smiths fan and do prefer Morrissey's earlier solo material, but there's room for everyone here. I saw him on his first 2 solo tours in the US and believe that was his best time, but did see him again after.
Lately, I have been listening mostly to New Order's live concerts, older and newer.

Have you watched this one Redacted?

theres nothing like hijacking someones introduction,this should be in other music section
Says the person who hijacks it to complain, because you don't complain enough everywhere else on this site.

OP asked what we listen to - "Just wondering how everyone is keeping, and what everyone is listening to?"
It's called making conversation.

Like Gordy said, welcome to the nuthouse! And what kind of freak are you if we are your kind of people? 😅

Right now I’m in an And Also the Trees period, but I’m also partial to the new albums by Pink Milk and El Perro del Mar. And as always, everything by the great David Eugene Edwards.

Says the person who hijacks it to complain, because you don't complain enough everywhere else on this site.

OP asked what we listen to - "Just wondering how everyone is keeping, and what everyone is listening to?"
It's called making conversation.
nah,you and surfboard are the first to point out the rules when it comes to acertain mister john martin maher.

Hi!! Welcome to Solo. I know we have already had an introduction on my introduction thread, but hello again!! I'm listening to Your Arsenal right now. I'm working on listening through and absorbing all of Morrissey's records! So many songs I have not heard yet, and I'm enjoying every moment. :) 🫀🧠🎶
Screenshot_2024-01-26-13-06-12-186.jpg

Like Gordy said, welcome to the nuthouse! And what kind of freak are you if we are your kind of people? 😅

Right now I’m in an And Also the Trees period, but I’m also partial to the new albums by Pink Milk and El Perro del Mar. And as always, everything by the great David Eugene Edwards.

Nice to read David Eugene Edwards' name, but I don't like the new album. I've heard it only a handful of times, but it's nowhere near as good as previous albums (especially the 16hp stuff). I cannot see me giving the new album any more listens. Just my view, nothing more...

Nice to read David Eugene Edwards' name, but I don't like the new album. I've heard it only a handful of times, but it's nowhere near as good as previous albums (especially the 16hp stuff). I cannot see me giving the new album any more listens. Just my view, nothing more...
Sad to hear. But I guess if 16 HP is what you prefer, the new stuff might be hard to swallow. I myself love it, but I prefer Wovenhand.

Sad to hear. But I guess if 16 HP is what you prefer, the new stuff might be hard to swallow. I myself love it, but I prefer Wovenhand.

Yes, I guess that's it (ie the new stuff is hard(er) to swallow). Good that you like it, though. And, yes, it's 16hp over Wovenhand too, but not by much. I do find Crime and the City Solution's new album good - maybe you'll like it too. Enjoy your Saturday night!

Yes, I guess that's it (ie the new stuff is hard(er) to swallow). Good that you like it, though. And, yes, it's 16hp over Wovenhand too, but not by much. I do find Crime and the City Solution's new album good - maybe you'll like it too. Enjoy your Saturday night!
Nice! I’ll definitely check it out!
Thanks, you too.

Back
Top Bottom