Moz ARIZONA (both shows) Photos

awww, you just made my night!! These pictures are really beautiful!! Thank you for sharing and really making my night!!! Hollywood here I come!!! :D

If you see someone grumpy under the bridge asking for a ride...

IT IS I

Beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing :)

Wow - thank you

these are amazing, thankyou so much for sharing. :)

Outstanding -- thank you, Frankie

these could possibly be the best as far as clarity and precision on this tour that i've seen by a fan yet. thanks so much for sharing!!!

I think the photos came from the Arizona Republic newspaper/website. They showed the same photos. Also, I noticed that all the photos were taken during the first song, afterwards Morrissey lost the tie and then the jacket. There was a professional photographer there during the beginning of the show, but clearly he only stayed for the first song.

-Vaux

no, actually i am a photographer from Los Angeles who works with the promoter directly. I photographed both shows in Tucson and Phoenix(Sun City West). There were 2 more photographers from Arizona at the Tucson show, and one more at the Phoenix show, so you might have seen their photos, not mine. Mine are directly for the promoter(nederlander concerts), not for the Arizona Press.

We were only allowed to take photos during the first 2 songs of each show, which is pretty standard for concerts, in Los Angeles its 3 songs. Really depends on the management group though.

That's odd (the two or three song rule for photogs). What's the reasoning behind that -- does the artist usually have their own photographer, or is it that they want to get paid if you photograph the whole concert?

i never completely understood the reasoning, and have heard several different reasons. Also NO FLASH is a major staple in the rule book.

The artist and management may feel that we are obstructing the view of the people in the front row ( i can understand that)

It distracts the artist while performing (aren't they being watched anyway)

Limit the number of photos in circulation (Lou Reed wouldn't allow any photos at his show)

Some artists have photographers that go on tour with them, and are on a salary. I'd assume that if you have a photo pass, its a definite privilege, and one shouldn't complain. However we were promised 3 songs, and at the last minute it was cut down to 2 songs. I think the artist would want to get paid if we got to photograph the entire show, since it becomes similar to a photoshoot at that point. I think the artist and management figure that press is needed, so they will allow just enough for media to do a story, but cut it off before the real show begins(ripping off shirts, crowed invasions, etc..) The 2 songs went by very fast, and me being a fan, it was even faster and nerve racking to say the least. All in all a great experience!

Access for photographers goes down in direct proportion to the falling height and volume of Morrissey's hair.

Thanks for the photos, they're excellent.

Back
Top Bottom