Morrissey to play in Israel!!!

Allow me to rephrase that...

"Yet again, people have fallen hook, line and sinker for the pro Israeli propaganda which has been spread by the curious alliance of anti islamic zealots, right wing lunatics, and politically correct nutcases who believe that any criticism of anything remotely Israeli is automatically racist. "

Seems the only difference between you and those you criticise is the side of the fence you are sitting on..

I like you :)

Allow me to rephrase that...

"Yet again, people have fallen hook, line and sinker for the pro Israeli propaganda which has been spread by the curious alliance of anti islamic zealots, right wing lunatics, and politically correct nutcases who believe that any criticism of anything remotely Israeli is automatically racist. "

Seems the only difference between you and those you criticise is the side of the fence you are sitting on..

Ah, so you change the words in my quote, so that makes a valid point. Come on then,. lets hear your response to the evidence I have presented.

Oh, and just for the record. In israel you are allowed to have any political belief you want, without fear of reprisal. If you lived under the Palestinians, you can have any political belief you want, as long as you dont mind being executed if the dictators dont agree with it.

Yet again, i fail to understand why normal, decent thinking people prefer to support the oppressive palestinian regime than the Israeli regime who has sought to protect individual liberty and human rights more than any other western givernment, despite operating under far more trying circumstances.

Ah, so you change the words in my quote, so that makes a valid point. Come on then,. lets hear your response to the evidence I have presented.

Oh, and just for the record. In israel you are allowed to have any political belief you want, without fear of reprisal. If you lived under the Palestinians, you can have any political belief you want, as long as you dont mind being executed if the dictators dont agree with it.

Yet again, i fail to understand why normal, decent thinking people prefer to support the oppressive palestinian regime than the Israeli regime who has sought to protect individual liberty and human rights more than any other western givernment, despite operating under far more trying circumstances.

hi Uncle Liam
Do you know why I can't find any pictures of Israelis throwing stones at the Palestinian tanks?

love

Grim

Yet again, people have fallen hook, line and sinker for the pro palestinian propaganda which has been spread by the curious alliance of anti semitic zealots, left wing lunatics, and politically correct nutcases who believe that any criticism of anything remotely Islamic is automatically racist.

I continue to find it nothing short of amazing that normal, decnet thinking and acting people just lose all concepts of rationality and decency when the Israel issues is raised. People who support Palestine need to ask themselves what they thought of the bombs that went off in Istanbul last night? I'd daresay you were disgusted at this blatant act of terrorism by the PKK. Yet the Kurds have a far stronger case to statehood (as do many other peoples), yet there is no observer status at the UN for the Kurds, there are no invitations to meet with World leaders, there are no anti Turkey marches in major world capital, no boycott of Turkish products etc etc. Yet the Palestinian terrorism has been far more violent, far more widespread, far more often, and far more prevalent than anything the PKK have ever done.

People need to be aware that there has never, EVER, been a Palestinian State. Indeed, up until 1967, there wasnt any demand for one, as the . . Palestinians wanted to be part of Jordan. After the Six Day War (which Israel did not start, it marely fired the first shot on the ammassed combined Arab armies)., it was then the Palestinians demanded statehood. in a war which they STARTED and LOST. Could you imagine after WWII, all the big world powers trying to sort out a treaty, and Germany sat down and demanded an extension of their territory into France? No, you cant, because its ridiculous.But this is what was demanded by the Palestinians, obviosu Israel sai dno, becuase its security could not be guaranteed, and who can blame them? Israel was barely twenty years on from the holocaust, and surrounded by hostile neightbours determined to wipe it off the map.

Thsi then started the long history of Palestinian Terrorism which continues to this very day. This was mainly suicide bominbgs and plane hijackings. Who was reponsible for the killings of Israeli athletes at the Munich Olympics? Palestinian terrorists actring on the approval of Yasser Arafat. What about the hijacking of a plane, by paestinains terrorists which was taken to Uganda, and rescued by the excellent work of the IDF? Again, another action endorseed by the Palestinas leadership. Do these events not register with people? Presumably, if you support these actions, then you would be more than happy to see the Real IRA offered a seat in the Cabinet?

The whole basis of Palestinian society is violence. Most Palestinians (and indeed Arabs in the region) dont want a Palestinan state. They would prefer a unified Arab theocracy. (Oh, and the other Arab countries dont want to stump up for it, either) . Since the late 60's, Fatah, Hamas, islamic Jihad have constantly attacked israel and Israel has attacked appropriately to protect its own citizens and its own security. They have constantly strove for peace in the region. and if you dont believe me, think about it, Israel is surrounded by desert and hostile neighbours. It has no need or desire to espand its own borders. Yet every time Israel has offered peace, be it in 93 with the oslo accord, Camp David in 2000/2001, the Roadmap in 2004, one thing has been guaranteed, That the Palestinans would turn it down in favour of more terrorism.

And even today it continues. Israel cedes lands to the PA, Hamas uses that land to launch rocket attacks on Israel. This is how things are decided by the Palestinians, using guns, and rockets. it is a dictatorship in a soceity run by terrorists. Israel on the other hand, is a place where decisions are made in parliament and int he courtroom. It has the strongest, most free thinking, independent judiciary of any western society, where every action is subject to due process and the rule of law. and yet for some reason, people are opposed to this.

Uncle Liam. BA 1st Class Honours (Politics) Queens University Belfast 2004.
MA Honours (Politics) Manchester University* 2005.

*And thats the proper University. Not the f***ing Met.

Clearly someone hasn't read The Protocols of the Elders of Zion ;)

hi Uncle Liam
Do you know why I can't find any pictures of Israelis throwing stones at the Palestinian tanks?

love

Grim

Because it has never happened.

And let me tell you why. Because, unlike the Palestinians system, Israeli security forces are well co ordinated and led by democratically elected politicians. Israel does all it can to keep civilians out of the conflict, targeting arears where known terrorists are operating from. Unlike the Palestians, who target Civilians as a matter of course.

Mr Manchester:

the reason both sides cant get along is because the Palestinians do not want Peace. Peace has been offered, and agreed by the Israelis at least four times in the last fiteen years. However, the Palestinian leadership, be it Arafat or Abbas, has always rejected peace, even when every realistic Palestinian demand had been met, in favour of renewed Terrorist attacks on Israel, always without explanation.

Yet again, people have fallen hook, line and sinker for the pro palestinian propaganda which has been spread by the curious alliance of anti semitic zealots, left wing lunatics, and politically correct nutcases who believe that any criticism of anything remotely Islamic is automatically racist.

You began your post with this phrase, from which I concluded that you had made up your mind any view except your own was bound to be invalid for one of the reasons above. Therefore, in order not to waste my time, I decided to address the issue of differing opinions rather than that of your sincerely held historical narrative.

That you chose to reply to my query by first attributing to me beliefs that fall under one of your predefined categories above

then in your own mind to disprove, judge and find guilty without the inconvenience of waiting for my further comment only confirms me in the opinion you are not looking to discuss, but simply for the opportunity to tell anyone of a differing opinion they are wrong.

You demand that I prove your "evidence" incorrect, yet your assertion

makes any meaningful attempt at dialogue impossible, especially considering your response to my post.

I would rather suggest that any casual observer go find out for themself by reading a wide range of opinions and reports.

A quick browse through my local bookshop brought forth

"The Palestine Israel Conflict" -Harms and Ferry

"Inside Israel-Palestine" -Phyllis Bennis

"The case for Israel" - Dershovitz (pro- Israeli)

"Israel/Palestine" - Reinhart (pro- Palestinian)

I have not read these thoroughly, but a brief glimpse through each gives a general idea of the case they present.

Good luck!

Uncle Liam. BA 1st Class Honours (Politics) Queens University Belfast 2004.
MA Honours (Politics) Manchester University* 2005.

*And thats the proper University. Not the f***ing Met.

Oi......:mad: as someome whose Alma Mater is Manchester Polytechnic (89-91 and proud of it), I object to that *

And a University in Belfast? That has to be a Mickey Mouse University if I ever heard of one:rolleyes:
In fact, it must be easier to get both sides of the Irish divide round the table than in the Middle East;)

Jukebox Jury

Because it has never happened.

And let me tell you why. Because, unlike the Palestinians system, Israeli security forces are well co ordinated and led by democratically elected politicians. Israel does all it can to keep civilians out of the conflict, targeting arears where known terrorists are operating from. Unlike the Palestians, who target Civilians as a matter of course.

'Democratically' elected, hmmn a bit like blair/bush & they still started an illegal war, maybe the Israelis look to the 'democratic' west for guidance! :tears:

Thanks for TELLING ME WHY, it's so much better than discussion! Democratically speakin' of course! :D So the reason why the Israelis don't throw stones at the Palestinians tanks is because their Govt told them not to? Do you really believe that? That's not rhetorical btw!

love

Grim

Tags
tooth
Back
Top Bottom