Morrissey Tells Russell Brand Not To Get Married

Why waste such emotions on her....?

I meant as a passive aggressive dismissal and not an all-consuming hatred that I daily participate in. I can have strong emotions towards things and people, and still maintain some detachment. I turn on the TV, see her on there, say "My God... I hate her" and change the channel. Not much investment there.

Right. I've managed to resist asking that question for hours. :D Have to give in:
-Oh no I can't it's too cheeky.:((starts chasing tail to cope with bipolar stress)

Haha, I sound like I have an acid tongue when I say anything on these forums...but I'm just really saying it from a non-pc point of view :lbf:

It really seems like something out of "The Picture of Dorian Grey"

"It is rather fashionable to marry Americans just now"
"Never marry at all, Dorian. Men marry because they are tired; women, because they are curious: both are disappointed."

Oscar also said: "The only way to get rid of a woman is to marry her."

:D Nah he didn't.
(Dead easy to sound Wildean: just put on a few pounds and say the first thing that goes through your brain.:thumb:)

"-Are you going to bore us again with your views on marriage?"
Afraid I am :p

I've just finished reading Persepolis (took me ages, everybody laughed at me: too many pictures! :mad:), and at the end, the heroine (the author) is proposed and she's only 21. She doesn't know what to do so asks for her dad's advice who basically says "it's your life, and if you want to know this man you just have to live with him, and for that you must get married" (they're in Iran :squiffy:)(lovely country.)

His father says that but he actually knows the marriage will fail. His wife is against it but he manages to let her accept it. And why? Because he wants his daughter to find out for herself.

I know Morrissey isn't Russell's dad :squiffy: hehehe but still.

It's true that Russell seems to be all about experimenting, well, it's not such a bad thing to me. He's trying to find his spiritual/ sensual balance as that belief.net article suggested. Seems to me Morrissey isn't trying to find much, so why not just keep his mouth shut and let other people find out for themselves things he'd never bother to look for in the first place?

Anyway: personally, for me the result of all this Morrissey marriage moaning is, whereas before I wasn't keen to get married (and a good thing, since noone asked), today, I wouldn't object to finding a worthy dog and commit to it for the rest of my life til we're both reduced to a pile of lovely bones.:tears: :)

Don't laugh: it could still happen.

The Fear Shall Not Be Passed On! :D

I've just finished reading Persepolis (took me ages, everybody laughed at me: too many pictures! :mad:), and at the end, the heroine (the author) is proposed and she's only 21. She doesn't know what to do so asks for her dad's advice who basically says "it's your life, and if you want to know this man you just have to live with him, and for that you must get married" (they're in Iran :squiffy:)(lovely country.)

His father says that but he actually knows the marriage will fail. His wife is against it but he manages to let her accept it. And why? Because he wants his daughter to find out for herself.

It's true that Russell seems to be all about experimenting, well, it's not such a bad thing to me. He's trying to find his spiritual/ sensual balance as that belief.net article suggested. Seems to me Morrissey isn't trying to find much, so why not just keep his mouth shut and let other people find out for themselves things he'd never bother to look for in the first place?

Anyway: personally, for me the result of all this Morrissey marriage moaning is, whereas before I wasn't keen to get married (and a good thing, since noone asked), today, I wouldn't object to finding a worthy dog and commit to it for the rest of my life til we're both reduced to a pile of lovely bones.:tears: :)

Do you live in UK? There are far worse cases over here, getting pregnant and ending up with an unwanted baby at the age of 14 or 15 and then there's couples getting married at 17 at failing a month later because they've only known each other a week fews prior!
Russell Brand is just another silly brit and will become another "divorcee" by the end of the next year probably. The reasons are because they haven't known each other long and they are both celebrities, which will be extra pressure on their relationship as they will both be working in different places on different things.

the film which had been made out of the comic is great too!! you should watch it.

a much more bleak but wonderfully shot -and def recommended film about women in iran is "women without men"
i just dont know if its up your alley though...
the director is shirin neshat who is an iranian artist (works with installations, pics, short videos.envolving about her main interest : women in iran)
she lives in exile in the US-very interesting woman
i have also mentioned her meeting with henry rollins on a french/german tv show before
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showpost.php?p=1304191&postcount=197

Thanks Sistasheila.

To be honest, I'm not that interested in Iran yet. Even though (or maybe because) last year I shared a flat with an Iranian artist. She was... not Marjane Satrapi, unfortunately. Although she had an extremely strong personality as well, but artistically...;) Anyway, I digress.

(That said I have discovered a couple of Iranian specialties :yum:)

Are you talkin' food Baba, or the tag line?

I just knew something rude would be coming when I said that. I never thought it would come from you, Doodoo. :banned:

...noooooooooo, the food actually. They have an interesting way of cooking rice with butter, to make it all crispy...And to make an effort to stay on topic, I'll add Crispy is almost Russell's new cat's name. It's Krusty really. A tribute to a famous clown? Scary stuff.

God here I am rambling about kittens. I must be bored. Help me!

I just knew something rude would be coming when I said that. I never thought it would come from you, Doodoo. :banned:

...noooooooooo, the food actually. They have an interesting way of cooking rice with butter, to make it all crispy...And to make an effort to stay on topic, I'll add Crispy is almost Russell's new cat's name. It's Krusty really. A tribute to a famous clown? Scary stuff.

God here I am rambling about kittens. I must be bored. Help me!

:eek:
Krispy Kittens on rice! How could you! :tears:

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!:yum:

Krispy Kittens: they're KRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRunchy!

Nomnomnom

Had them on toast as well!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!:yum:

Krispy Kittens: they're KRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRunchy!

Nomnomnom

Had them on toast as well!

Naughty dog!!

spanking1.gif

Oh to be spanked by a blindman! Lucky Lucy!:guitar:

:p

Persepolis is a brilliant book. Have you read The Complete Maus by Art Spiegelman? An absolutely unforgettable graphic novel. Fun Home by Alison Bechdel is good too, though not really in the same league as Maus. I could read that book a hundred times and not get bored.

Persepolis is a brilliant book. Have you read The Complete Maus by Art Spiegelman? An absolutely unforgettable graphic novel.

DOH! :doh: God that's one book I meant to read ages ago!: WTF?! As I was explaining to Dudu, it's the internet's fault if I stopped reading. I started to watch videos like these instead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV4_5RKduFU

which I swear is not off topic before you click. Bloody 'ell, I hadn't seen it that I'd already quoted it as a ref to the thread! Proof either that I'm a seer or that Today's Pop Culture is easy enough to memorize. Gaga. Christina. Beyonce. Madonna. Baba. Katy. -No, not Madonna.

Tags
but those tits!
Back
Top Bottom