Morrissey on 'Saxondale' clip

sid james

Stone me!
OK, it's only a name-check, but I thought it was quite amusing.

The set up is a middle-aged pest-controller and his other half downstairs, while his younger assistant is busy getting his end away with a girl upstairs.
Oh, and for non-Brits 'Monster Munch' is a brand of crisp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOwdgUC4M28

Last edited:
how is Saxondale overall..I'm a big Steve Coogan fan and have considered picking it up on DVD which would cost me about Thirty U.S. dollars.

I've watched a few clips on youtube and they seem alright..I'm a huge fan of Knowing Me, Knowing You and I'm Alan Partridge...Coogan's Run on the other hand left me staring at the screen wondering when the laughter would begin.

Last edited by a moderator:
how is Saxondale overall..I'm a big Steve Coogan fan and have considered picking it up on DVD which would cost me about Thirty U.S. dollars.

It's decent, but not quite in the same league as Alan Partridge. But then, what is?

I've watched a few clips on youtube and they seem alright..I'm a huge fan of Knowing Me, Knowing You and I'm Alan Partridge...Coogan's Run on the other hand left me staring at the screen wondering when the laughter would begin.

I haven't really found it funny at all, to be honest. I sat through a few episodes hoping to like it but it just seems really clumsy and cliched.
Saw a little picture of Paul Calf (Steve Coogan's hilarious, student-hating, northern bloke, from the mid 1990's) recently with the v funny caption; "Saxondale? Bag o shite!"

His apperances on The Day Today as Alan Partridge - sportscaster were also quite funny. I still laugh everytime I watch this one. Hopefully the rumors of an actual full length Alan Patridge movie are true.

OK, it's only a name-check, but I thought it was quite amusing.

The set up is a middle-aged pest-controller and his other half downstairs, while his younger assistant is busy getting his end away with a girl upstairs.
Oh, and for non-Brits 'Monster Munch' is a brand of crisp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOwdgUC4M28

never seen that show, but yes funny little name check.

I only watched a few episodes of Saxondale, I just didn't find it funny.

I must admit I have a bit of a crush on Alan Partridge.

"Cattle on bikes" :D

Back
Top Bottom