Morrissey comment on TTY about the Hollywood Bowl DVD!

Maybe he just don't want to be ripped of by anyone with a product that's got his name on it. I admit the comment gives the impression that it is money issue that matters, but I don't think it's about that (not completely anyway).

Or maybe I'm just being naive and Mozzer really has lost his way with the success. I hope not. :(

No kidding.

I have spent an awfully lot of time and money not being a true fan :rolleyes:

Apparently every time I go to Subway I am not a true fan. Well I must say I do get the veggie sandwiches if I have to go to Subway for two meals a day.

Apparently every time I go to Subway I am not a true fan. Well I must say I do get the veggie sandwiches if I have to go to Subway for two meals a day.

I just pushed the "not being a true fan" envelope a little bit further by eating a nice juicy non-tofu/vegie burger for lunch.

I just pushed the "not being a true fan" envelope a little bit further by eating a nice juicy non-tofu/vegie burger for lunch.

I loved me some jalapeno bubba burger this afternoon.

1 Jalapeno Bubba Burger
1 Entire slice of onion grilled on the burger itself
2 slice of cheese - today I used pepper jack
1 toasted bun
2 thin slices of tomato

Spread a very, very, cannot emphasize how thin, a layer of mayo you should use. Then some ketchup.

Sometimes when I am feeling inventive I substitute the cheese, mayo and ketchup with guacamole and salsa.

TJ_HwoodBowl.jpg

Oh God this is like the Budongo trail he told us not to visit. I remember reading it at the time and thinking there was no way I was ever going to visit that place and that me being there was completely outside the realms of possibility. I didn't live in Edinburgh,I had no reason to ever be in Edinburgh and why on earth would I be in Edinburgh zoo?
But where did I find myself a few months hence; staring down at two depressed chimps in what can only be described as a glass prison and suddenly remembering what Morrissey had said and feeling utterly guilty that I had paid money to see them like this. I know people at the time were saying that he was wrong and that they were being rescued from murder in the wild but the trail is actually tiny and there is no outdoor section. The poor creatures just looked so sad I wanted to cry.
How did I end up there? Well I had only just moved to Edinburgh and a friend had come to visit and I didn't know anywhere fun to go so she suggested the zoo.I dont know why that word always evokes such feeling of childish excitment but once you are there you just feel really down and a strong sense of injustice for the animals.That is exactly what happened to me.I hadn't been in one since I was about 12 and only remembered when I was there why I disliked them so much.
Anyway my point is that based on this experience I can just see this dvd ending up on my shelf for some bizarre reason and me watching it despite the fact I have only bought 2 albums in my whole life, never buy dvds and dont have 2 pennies to rub together...
I dont knows the ins and outs of the dispute but I think more information is needed about exactly what happened before you can judge either way. Knowing my luck someone will buy it for me as a gift and I will be thinking 'no no I really shouldn't have that.I cant watch it.'

What a thoughtful post.

I'm so sorry to hear that the Budongo Trail is as miserable as he said it was - I was one of those people who assumed that it was probably a good thing that he was opposing without good reason. Would that it were so. :(

This whole DVD situation seems like just another power play on Morrissey's part - he made his money, now he can try to stop Warner from recouping. It reminds me of the whole Isle of Wight thing - a jab at the company at the fans' expense. I've been looking forward to this DVD, and I will own a copy, one way or another. Morrissey has succeeded only in making it a guilty pleasure.

I love the guy - he's still the best singer I've ever heard, and he's done far more good than ill. I never thought I'd get caught up in an abusive relationship though, especially with someone who I don't even know. :rolleyes:

I never thought I'd get caught up in an abusive relationship though, especially with someone who I don't even know. :rolleyes:

Wow, not sure how I feel about this assessment, but I see your point.

I loved me some jalapeno bubba burger this afternoon.

1 Jalapeno Bubba Burger
1 Entire slice of onion grilled on the burger itself
2 slice of cheese - today I used pepper jack
1 toasted bun
2 thin slices of tomato

Spread a very, very, cannot emphasize how thin, a layer of mayo you should use. Then some ketchup.

Sometimes when I am feeling inventive I substitute the cheese, mayo and ketchup with guacamole and salsa.

Mmmm.....that sounds delicious.
A close up photo could be cover art for the new CD.

hmmm we should shoplift this dvd then...:p

moz told me so:p;)..Im sure any judge with a descent music taste will absolve me,haha...

i will buy it..who knows when we willl get to see another live dvd again...since the day when he will retire is not too far away anymore:tears:

Last edited:
Re: live at the hollywood bowl DVD out this tuesday in the US!!

I'm assuming that you have a region 1 player? Sometimes you can hack your dvd player to play a different region by pushing a certain sequence of buttons on your remote. The dvd player makers don't advertise this fact but I have a region 2 machine and can make it play other regions by this method. Might be worth going a google and seeing what comes up. Otherwise maybe you can make your computer play it. Perhaps you already know this?!

Hmmmm

I'm afraid amazon still hasn't corrected info.

Originally Warner was planning to release Hollywood Bowl DVD 6th October in UK.
However, Morrissey publicly disapproved of its release, according to HMV site they postponed release until March 2009.
Hopefully Morrissey and Warner will manage to reach agreement and change artwork, announce the release date in near future.

Tags
diva piss and groan
Back
Top Bottom