Morrissey and Britpop

Years ago, I read a biography about Suede and their was a bit on the tension over the Justine deal with Damon Albarn/Blur. Suede used to refer to Blur as "Chas and Dave" which, even though Im a Blur fan, still makes me laugh.

Also, if I remember right, there was an interview in which Morrissey was told he was very similiar to Jarvis Cocker in his lyrical style and he said something along the lines of "Better then Joe Cocker".

Charmless man was said to be about Brett Anderson

Ahh I always wondered about it possibly being directed at Morrissey because of the title similarity to "This Charming Man" but its been mentioned in the thread that Morrissey is a fan of the tune. Thanks, I didn't have a clue it might be about Brett Anderson, though it makes sense.

Yeah, that's true. And half of Suede's first album is about Justine - 'specially Pantomine Horse and Animal Lover.

I f***ing love Britpop. The best band from that era are Adorable and if you disagree then you're wrong.

Yeah, that's true. And half of Suede's first album is about Justine - 'specially Pantomine Horse and Animal Lover.

I f***ing love Britpop. The best band from that era are Adorable and if you disagree then you're wrong.

What do you all make of Elastica? I was/am really into them and saw them live toward their end, but at that point, they didn't really seem to be bothered about performing, so was a bit underwhelming. All the same, I still enjoy them, especially the first album.

Elastica are a poor wo/man's Echobelly.

And you still owe me that drink.

"Waking Up" always gets me moving at dank indie clubs, but on a personal level I much prefer "2:1".

Hate "Connection", mind.

Go listen to "King of the Kerb" and come back when you're better :p

im originally from oklahoma and remember when i found echobelly. a couple friends and i saw them in dallas and they were fantastic. i go the set list and tried to nick sonya's water bottle but they made me give it up at the door (dont know what i would do with a half empty bottled water anyway) she sounded great and the band was tight. i was surprised how little she was though

and elastica was great. i got a chance to see them at a lollapalooza. their set was very short though. it was a hundred degrees and that gig was high on poserism. it was a very disagreeable situation. its what we had to settle for because their previous gig in dallas was set up by the radio station giving out the tickets free with food donations. they ran out and there was no way of getting in. i figure if they charged we wouldnt have missed that one.

Back
Top Bottom