morrissey and a orchestra?

crotty32

i don't know if anyone has brought this up before but here goes,while i have tremendous respect for his band who are to me fantastic musicians i believe that some songs could maybe benefit from a more classical arrangement,for instance now my heart is full,nobody loves us,etc,i am sure everyone has their own choices,what are they?is it madness to think that morrissey could do a concert with a full orchestra?let me know what you think,all input is apreciated

Re: Morrissey and an orchestra

Yeah, it's a great idea to record an album or play a concert with full orchestra.

Fundamentally Morrissey's musical vision is based on a basic rock 'n' roll band, with guitars, base and drums.

ROTT's closing track 'At Last I Am Born' has grand orchestral arrangement, hopefully he'll release some more songs like that in future.

Grand idea.

"Come Back To Camden" with full orchestra instead of synthesized strings, for example, would have been magisterial. Or even with just a string section.

I've had the thought as well, a concert with full orchestra, it'd be wonderful.

I'd love to hear Angel, Angel, Down We Go Together live with orchestra.

Last edited:
Oh yes, Morrissey would sound just grand with a real orchestra - I've fantasized about it many times. There are so many songs that would work so well (Every Day is Like Sunday and Lost immediately come to mind). He could easily put together a brilliant set.

He's also devastating in full evening dress.

I'm one of those who calls for Morrissey to go the full neo-crooner mile and become the next Sinatra. To me, his voice is at its best with strings. :love:

I'm one of those who calls for Morrissey to go the full neo-crooner mile and become the next Sinatra. To me, his voice is at its best with strings. :love:

Yes I'd love to see him do a tour with an orchestra, it would be a beautiful thing. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom