More Letterman News from TTY

Mikey just sent a myspace bulletin saying they will be appearing on David Letterman on monday.

The Letterman page on CBS still says tonight, my local TV listings don't say the musical guest but it says Bruce Willis which matches what the Letterman page says.

Plus now Mikey's bulletin, and Kristeen's page says tonight, so I'm betting on tonight. I won't be surprised if there's a correction on TTY at some point today.

Your probably right, KY probably knows more than CBS about when the show will air, with all her inside info and everything!? :rolleyes:
Lets just hope it will air Monday, if not that is a HUGE marketing blunder on the Mozze Posse's part.

He probably doesn't have much say in the matter.
CBS will make the decision and he can either not do the show or have his clip played when they see fit.

They can't always secure a band every night so they secure multiple bands sometimes and air the clips on the days that no band was actually there.

He is getting on national TV with a bunch of tour dates left.

I'm sure he'd like to go in and lay down 15 tracks and get one played every night for the next 3 weeks but it didn't happen.

When Morrissey has total control over something and he messes it up you can call it a blunder. To call this a blunder is too shortsighted and makes far too many assumptions about Morrissey's power in this arrangement.

He probably doesn't have much say in the matter.
CBS will make the decision and he can either not do the show or have his clip played when they see fit.

They can't always secure a band every night so they secure multiple bands sometimes and air the clips on the days that no band was actually there.

He is getting on national TV with a bunch of tour dates left.

I'm sure he'd like to go in and lay down 15 tracks and get one played every night for the next 3 weeks but it didn't happen.

When Morrissey has total control over something and he messes it up you can call it a blunder. To call this a blunder is too shortsighted and makes far too many assumptions about Morrissey's power in this arrangement.

Did I ever say it was Morrissey's blunder? NO! Did I say Morrissey had total control over everything? NO! Did I say everything was all his fault? NO! Did I say he should have laid down 15 tracks for CBS to play every night? NO! So please don't ever assume that I'm meaning something different than what I post, and please please don't ever put words in my mouth, thats not cool to do to anyone. All I ment was maybe he needs a new publicity team, because they (not morrissey) don't seem to be doing anything to market Moz in the U.S. And maybe they could have pushed a little harder to get CBS to air the show before Moz visits MSG. I never ever ever said Morrissey had anything to do with this, I'm sure he is way too busy with his tour, that would be why he has a "posse" AKA Marketing or Publicity team, jerk.

And maybe they could have pushed a little harder to get CBS to air the show before Moz visits MSG. .

Friday is before Moz visits MSG. Regardless, I don't think a Letterman appearance will sell too many tickets. I think people interested in Morrissey would already have bought tickets to the show nearest to them. I doubt a performance of a new song on late night tv show will bring them out in droves...

More importantly, is anyone going down for the taping or hanging out by the stage door to see Mr. Moz? I would've loved to have gone down there myself but from what people have said here about him not sticking around to sign autographs, etc. I wasn't sure if it was the best idea...not to mention I've been out from work the past two days and didn't think it was a smart idea to jet out of here early either :)

Friday is before Moz visits MSG. Regardless, I don't think a Letterman appearance will sell too many tickets. I think people interested in Morrissey would already have bought tickets to the show nearest to them. I doubt a performance of a new song on late night tv show will bring them out in droves...

friday is not enough time...and people these days, in the states, do not pay attention anymore to who is touring. so it really is up to the band/label to successfully get the word out. Live Nation has been trying with the ads and billboards, now all that is needed is a TV appearance on a highly watched show like Letterman. Jimmy Kimmel was a disappointment since they didn't even mention morrissey was touring.

Morrissey gets an older crowd so MTV is not going to bother anymore. Not to mention it's hard to reach the late 20s, 30s, 40s demographic. Morrissey needed this to air before he started the east coast tour.

More importantly, is anyone going down for the taping or hanging out by the stage door to see Mr. Moz? I would've loved to have gone down there myself but from what people have said here about him not sticking around to sign autographs, etc. I wasn't sure if it was the best idea...not to mention I've been out from work the past two days and didn't think it was a smart idea to jet out of here early either :)

i think i am going to hang out my the stage door rather than try to get in.
I don't want to be there for the whole taping.
I have to go drop some work off near there, so I figure I will hang around for a little while.
I am still up in the air about it. I am going to several moz shows in the next weeks and I am thinking that I might not really want to go hang around over there.

Its so damn noisy and crowded round that part of town.

i think i am going to hang out my the stage door rather than try to get in.
I don't want to be there for the whole taping.
I have to go drop some work off near there, so I figure I will hang around for a little while.
I am still up in the air about it. I am going to several moz shows in the next weeks and I am thinking that I might not really want to go hang around over there.

Its so damn noisy and crowded round that part of town.

Well give us a recap if you can...what's he wearing, how he looked, etc. Can't wait to see the performance! Glad to know he's in town too :)

I'm here right I got my ticket to get in an now waiting out back. Unfort I got tix for the first taping which is airing tonite so I don't know if I'm goin to see him. I'm looking at all their equip. Boz's guitar tech an moz's security guard. An I'm thinking they wouldn't be here this early unless he was doin the early taping.
*update*
I just watched wardrobe go in! There was like 5-6 lillac pink looking shirts with ruffles on the end of the sleeves.

I'm here right I got my ticket to get in an now waiting out back. Unfort I got tix for the first taping which is airing tonite so I don't know if I'm goin to see him. I'm looking at all their equip. Boz's guitar tech an moz's security guard. An I'm thinking they wouldn't be here this early unless he was doin the early taping.
*update*
I just watched wardrobe go in! There was like 5-6 lillac pink looking shirts with ruffles on the end of the sleeves.

MORE UPDATES!!!!

i am wimping out and staying in my nice garden :p

I'm going inside now ill post an update after. Hopefully ill he will be on my taping!! *cross fingers*

Back
Top Bottom