Message to Moz

nicky wire's legs

Christ is king!
Hi Moz!!!! how are you, baby bear?! what are you wearing, baby bear?! are you wearing a blazer, mayhap?!

Anyway, moz, did you see that Joey Barton was on trig?!

(he rocks, by the way!! love him!)

do you watch trig, moz? it's pretty good, you know.

which brings me on to my present topic: look, moz, here's what you need to do: you need to get donnie or jessie or damon or whoever to call up the trig boys and schedule them to have you on. they'd do it, moz!!! and from what i know from years of watching them is that they'd be very fair. they're not these slimey mainstream media types who are going to cast you in a bad light just for clicks. and their audience (people like me!!) is very open minded. i think its the best opportunity for a fair interview and i think your sense of humour would really shine. we KNOW you havent got anything on your schedule at the moment, so why not?! plus, i hear their producer, Anton--who is cypriot and rumoured to VERY hunky--is a fan of yours!

and after that, let's go blazer shopping, okay, baby bear!!! :rock:

Morrissey should definitely do some interviews on the new media.
It would be great to reach a new younger audience, sidestep the dying legacy media and their stupid banal questions and need for ‘balance’.
Tv shows are all about ratings, and the presenters feel they can only get ratings by bringing up difficult questions, throwing curveballs at their guests and trying to stir up controversy, it’s the death throes of a dying medium.
Yet somehow, at the same time that the MSM think they can only retain their viewers for a 5 minute interview, the new media get millions of views for an insightful 1 hour long one.

Morrissey should definitely do some interviews on the new media.
It would be great to reach a new younger audience, sidestep the dying legacy media and their stupid banal questions and need for ‘balance’.
Tv shows are all about ratings, and the presenters feel they can only get ratings by bringing up difficult questions, throwing curveballs at their guests and trying to stir up controversy, it’s the death throes of a dying medium.
Yet somehow, at the same time that the MSM think they can only retain their viewers for a 5 minute interview, the new media get millions of views for an insightful 1 hour long one.
great points!!!

did you hear that, moz?! you need to get on some new media! :rock:

Konstantin: As you know we always finish the show by asking the question “what are we not talking about that we should be talking about?”
Morrissey: Me

IMG_5410.gif

Last edited:
Is this sort of “free speech” podcast really what’s best for him at the moment? Wouldn’t it just result in Moz expressing more ill-considered views that would bury his reputation (and legacy) even deeper?

I’d much rather he was interviewed by a serious, competent journalist not looking to “trigger” him (or the viewers) or stir up controversy. Imagine a serious, deep and retrospective conversation about his 40 year career and his 65 years on this planet, with someone who knows him and his work.

Is this sort of “free speech” podcast really what’s best for him at the moment? Wouldn’t it just result in Moz expressing more ill-considered views that would bury his reputation (and legacy) even deeper?

I’d much rather he was interviewed by a serious, competent journalist not looking to “trigger” him (or the viewers) or stir up controversy. Imagine a serious, deep and retrospective conversation about his 40 year career and his 65 years on this planet, with someone who knows him and his work.
Yeah, I guess he can't handle it. Other artists as well as politicians, cops, psychologists, professors, human rights advocates, teachers, etc have been on triggernometry, but morrisseys not capable, he would just make a fool of himself. And of course knostantin kisin is just a total dope who let's his guests just say anything without ever pushing back.

Yeah, I guess he can't handle it. Other artists as well as politicians, cops, psychologists, professors, human rights advocates, teachers, etc have been on triggernometry, but morrisseys not capable, he would just make a fool of himself. And of course knostantin kisin is just a total dope who let's his guests just say anything without ever pushing back.
Well, personally I think it would be better for him at this point to do an interview with a serious journalist who knows him and/or his work. A serious interview not focusing on trigger subjects but rather his work and his life in music.

Well, personally I think it would be better for him at this point to do an interview with a serious journalist who knows him and/or his work. A serious interview not focusing on trigger subjects but rather his work and his life in music.
Any student of Morrissey knows that there is no difference and that the only "trigger" subjects are triggers for the audience, not him.

Any student of Morrissey knows that there is no difference and that the only "trigger" subjects are triggers for the audience, not him.
There is a huge difference between edgy YouTubers and serious journalism. And why trigger the audience? Why not have a thoughtful and well-rounded conversation about him and his many decades as an artist and lyricist with someone who knows his work and knows music?

It would be good to have a long candid interview looking back on every album and how they ended up the way they did, what other ideas didn't happen. No discussion of wider topics unless strictly necessary. The market would be pretty limited though. Actually, releasing it as a download with edited physical editions also available on-demand might be a more cost-effective route for self-releasing, rather than trying to put out new music and promote that to a wider audience.

Back
Top Bottom