just to get this off my chest

drifter

ive made a few personal mozz cds for friends when a reference from morrisseys learics or whatever stimulates me deeply. there is a guy at work whos name is 'hector'. i wanted to turn him on to morrissey simply because i think of the song 'first of the gang to die' everytime i hear his name hector menthioned in the kitchen where i work. i wanted him to hear this song so ive burned him a cd. the guy is such a prick that i thought, f***, he probably wont listen to this, it but it is such a simple thing for me to burn the song. what is hard, is that i am filling the rest of the cd with the my most favorite songs of morrissey that is so personnal to me but also am trying to add songs that will keep his attention to morrissey that he hopefully will say,' hay this mozz guy is great'. so i guess the only reason is i feel so vonerable giving my most intimite mozz songs to someone who is not worthy but hopeing that he, otherwise being a prick, might dig the songs and could be converted. i put on the cd
1first of the gang (because is name is hector)
2how soon, because he should recognise it
3jack the ripper, powerful
4sister.....then so on, which of the 19 songs are all MY favorite
my point is i just hate to think that this guy will probably never listen past the first few tracks with all the love and heart and soul ive put in it.
thanks to everyone who have read this far and let me get my feeling off my chest. i just know hes gonna go, whatever, when my heart and soul was put into this

No, thank you. You made so many grammatical erorrs, my eyes bled. I always wanted to experience that...thank you. You are a saint...really...

Well don't be devastated if he does, some people just don't like this kind of music! It's quite possible that you wouldn't like Hector's favourites either, even if there was a "drifter" in one of the songs ;)

My 2 cents: finish the CD and give it to someone you like instead. If you really want to hear Hector's thoughts on the song just direct him to youtube or something :) .

No, thank you. You made so many grammatical erorrs, my eyes bled. I always wanted to experience that...thank you. You are a saint...really...
Was errors purposefully spelt like that?

Of course...just as I was going to spell grammar with an "e"...it was a bad joke that nobody seemed to find funny but me...

I know exactly what you mean, I've made Moz CD's for about 15 people, and half of them don't or didn't even listen to them, it makes me sad, but all I can do is spread the word, everyone asks me about him, when I wear his T shirts, so thats why I thought I might as well get them all hooked on moz, but that didnt work out to well I guess, It really sucks..

Last edited:
ive made a few personal mozz cds for friends when a reference from morrisseys learics or whatever stimulates me deeply. there is a guy at work whos name is 'hector'. i wanted to turn him on to morrissey simply because i think of the song 'first of the gang to die' everytime i hear his name hector menthioned in the kitchen where i work. i wanted him to hear this song so ive burned him a cd. the guy is such a prick that i thought, f***, he probably wont listen to this, it but it is such a simple thing for me to burn the song. what is hard, is that i am filling the rest of the cd with the my most favorite songs of morrissey that is so personnal to me but also am trying to add songs that will keep his attention to morrissey that he hopefully will say,' hay this mozz guy is great'. so i guess the only reason is i feel so vonerable giving my most intimite mozz songs to someone who is not worthy but hopeing that he, otherwise being a prick, might dig the songs and could be converted. i put on the cd
my point is i just hate to think that this guy will probably never listen past the first few tracks with all the love and heart and soul ive put in it.
thanks to everyone who have read this far and let me get my feeling off my chest. i just know hes gonna go, whatever, when my heart and soul was put into this

... oh I love this post. At least you didn't mention Vegas 4 times :)

I liked your post drifter. Out of the very small fraction of posts I can even bear to read, I found yours, far and away, to be one of the least annoying.

Nice, Drifter.. Know what you mean. I actually brought two of my friends with me to a concert this summer. And they loved it! But burning CD's to people is a risk, it's too personal. Talking about Moz can be very hard too, it feels like talking about yourself, personal things that you wont share:p

Drifter, your post is very cute......I smell romance in the air ;)

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but to me it sounds like you may have a crush on this Hector guy, why else would you burn him a CD with 19 of the your most intimate songs.....specially if he's a "prick" like you describe above.

I don't go around trying to convert people into Moz/Smiths just because to me that's kind of creepy, reminds me of religious fanatics who try to brainwash people into believing as they do. Your case sounds different though, I get the feeling that you have kinda strong reasons why you'd like this guy to become interested in Moz [therefore you]. I once liked this guy who happened to be a skinhead who listens to Satanic music lol, he's hot. I made it my goal to get him to like Moz, so one day while at his house, I went out to my car got my CDs and basically took over his stereo....I played Meat is Murder, "How soon is now" single, and a JAMC cd.......He let me know he liked my music and from there he bacame a fan of Moz and other of my fav music.....I let him barrow lots of my CDs. Poor guy was used to Sepultura, Brujeria, Cannibal Corpse, and other crap like that.......I got him to see the light. Anyway, nothing romantically came out of this [because I chose it to be that way after finding out the nasty people he'd been with prior] we just became really good friends.

What I'm trying to say is......Go about it in a casual way....Dont' put yourself in a position where you can be subject to rejection by this Hector guy. Even if I'm wrong about the "romance" thing, you should just go ahead and burn him the "First Of the Gang to Die" song and give it to him.......If he likes it he will let you know and will probably ask you about Moz or ask to hear more. If you already made that 19 song CD, keep it until you get the request from him. If he isn't interested then that will be the end of "it" and you can then go ahead and keep the 19song CD for yourself or give it to somebody who really loves you ;)

Good Luck!

Last edited:
it went like this

while at work we pass each other hundreds of times, at one point i opened my check carrier and pointed to the cd and said 'i made it' watching his reaction he just politey said cool. i work graveyard at the bellagio cafe so about 3 am last nite i played the cd in the back kitchen. it was so fantastic to hear morrissey songs at the place i worked. i didnt make a seen with him about it, just let it played, he never flinched, i was so excited to myself i wanted to say listed to this or listen to that. i waited to see if he would tap his fingers or react to any virse but he didnt. i my heart, i knew he knew, and this was just to personal to me to know he would probably thank me for it and throw it away as soon as i walked out the door. so at the end of the shift i slid it back into my pocket. if he asks where is the cd, ill hook him up otherwise im glad i kept it. ive been wanting my own hits anyway so its cool to me. anywho thanks for letting me get this out. peace

Back
Top Bottom