Just heard Christian Dior

Ryan

Notre-DAYUM!
Subscriber
...after purchasing part 1 of the ITFWAW single and I have to say, it's one of the best songs from the ROTT era, without a doubt.

This one took a while to grow on me. I always liked the same things about, just not as much at first. I think the vocal is pretty good, and while I do believe the lyrics are very well-written, and the mood fits with the music quite well actually, for some unexplainable reason I can't help feeling that the music could've used a lyric about something else. Oh well, still a good song that I'm surprised he wasn't played live. In fact, how come he didn't play Good Looking Man About Town live? I can understand how Christian Dior doesn't really strike anyone as a smashing live song, Good Looking Man would be a really good live, at any point in the concert, beginning, middle, end, I think it can flow really well with the rest of the setlist at any point it's place.

I'd possibly rate it as my favourite Moz b-side, ever. Everything from the piano intro to the note Morrissey holds at the end. f***ing great.

I didnt get into "Christian Dior" when it came out. I havent listened to it since. Maybe I should give it another try?

Of the ROTT B-sides I liked "Sweety Pie", "Ganglord" and "If You Dont Like Me.." most. Great songs. Tastes are different...

Shades of Scott Walker at his best with this track.
I adore it!

I've still been listening to this track a lot lately and the line "Years alone will never be returned" struck me today. Powerful line, especially if it's being sung from Morrissey's own personal perspective.

Back
Top Bottom