Jim Moir (Vic Reeves) paints The Smiths

45498_jim_moir_smiths.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Morrissey says: "It is common knowledge that I dislike the SoLow site".
I remember that this website was known at one point as "A Hateful Online Crèche". This seemed strange to me because it's meant to be a Morrissey fan website.

Do you think that Morrissey will try to close this website down? If he has been unhappy with it since 2011 and maybe even before that.

I remember that this website was known at one point as "A Hateful Online Crèche". This seemed strange to me because it's meant to be a Morrissey fan website.

Do you think that Morrissey will try to close this website down? If he has been unhappy with it since 2011 and maybe even before that.

It is still the tag line for this site I believe.
Morrissey, himself, coined the term to a Pittsburgh newspaper (2013).
The full article/interview is now long gone, but available through The Wayback Machine:
http://web.archive.org/web/20130120...orrissey-hits-the-road-with-new-songs-670674/

Relevant part:
"How different will the set list be from that last run of shows, and do you pay attention to what songs your fans may be suggesting online (or anything else they say, for that matter)?

I don't think whatever songs I sing matters that much because it's not as if any of them are actually awful. I read nothing online. There's a hateful online creche called Morrissey SoLow, which cured me of canvassing opinions many years ago."

If you ever get bored, the archive here will provide you with a wealth of back story as to how the animosity came about.
It's very convoluted and can't easily be condensed, but is worth reading about if you have the time.
Regards,
FWD.

It is still the tag line for this site I believe.
Morrissey, himself, coined the term to a Pittsburgh newspaper (2013).
The full article/interview is now long gone, but available through The Wayback Machine:
http://web.archive.org/web/20130120...orrissey-hits-the-road-with-new-songs-670674/

Relevant part:
"How different will the set list be from that last run of shows, and do you pay attention to what songs your fans may be suggesting online (or anything else they say, for that matter)?

I don't think whatever songs I sing matters that much because it's not as if any of them are actually awful. I read nothing online. There's a hateful online creche called Morrissey SoLow, which cured me of canvassing opinions many years ago."

If you ever get bored, the archive here will provide you with a wealth of back story as to how the animosity came about.
It's very convoluted and can't easily be condensed, but is worth reading about if you have the time.
Regards,
FWD.
Thank you so much it is very informative. I'm not sure what "The Wayback Machine" is exactly though.

I had no idea that is was actually Morrissey himself who first coined the phrase "A Hateful Online Crèche". Does Morrissey own the copyright to this slogan/phrase?

Are you talking about the animosity on this website in general or something else? Has there always been animosity, negativity and nastiness on this website since it first started or did something happen for it to come about? I'm guessing that this website started sometime in the late 1990s when the internet was first really taking off.

Do you think that Morrissey would like to close this website down? I'm guessing that because it is an unauthorised Morrissey fan website he would be powerless to anything about it. Morrissey seems to of been unhappy with this website since 2011 maybe even before that.

Thank you so much it is very informative. I'm not sure what "The Wayback Machine" is exactly though.

I had no idea that is was actually Morrissey himself who first coined the phrase "A Hateful Online Crèche". Does Morrissey own the copyright to this slogan/phrase?

Are you talking about the animosity on this website in general or something else? Has there always been animosity, negativity and nastiness on this website since it first started or did something happen for it to come about? I'm guessing that this website started sometime in the late 1990s when the internet was first really taking off.

Do you think that Morrissey would like to close this website down? I'm guessing that because it is an unauthorised Morrissey fan website he would be powerless to anything about it. Morrissey seems to of been unhappy with this website since 2011 maybe even before that.
The Wayback Machine is a vast archive of the internet in time-sized chunks/snapshots of websites that may now be long gone.
It allows you to enter URLs from many years ago and hopefully see articles et al that wouldn't normally be possible (the article link I posted is via this so you can view it despite being deleted ages ago).
Animosity in so much as t-shirts saying f*** solo, threatened court cases, gig bans and more between here & Morrissey.
You will find a lot of detail in the archive on this site.
Given some of the information here appears to inspire/feed/source some posts from Sam/Morrissey and even management on more 'official' portals - I doubt he'd want to close anything down despite all the alleged chagrin.
Regards,
FWD.

The Wayback Machine is a vast archive of the internet in time-sized chunks/snapshots of websites that may now be long gone.
It allows you to enter URLs from many years ago and hopefully see articles et al that wouldn't normally be possible (the article link I posted is via this so you can view it despite being deleted ages ago).
Animosity in so much as t-shirts saying f*** solo, threatened court cases, gig bans and more between here & Morrissey.
Given some of the information here appears to inspire/feed/source some posts from Sam/Morrissey and even management on more 'official' portals - I doubt he'd want to close anything down despite all the alleged chagrin.
Regards,
FWD.
Thank you for telling me about "The Wayback Machine" it sounds very interesting.

The Wayback Machine is a digital archive of the World Wide Web and other information on the Internet. It was launched in 2001 by the Internet Archive, a nonprofit organization based in San Francisco, California, United States.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayback_Machine

You were talking more about Morrissey feeling upset with this website. I was was thinking more of the general animosity, negativity and nastiness on this website not just towards Morrissey but to others as well.

This website says that it is an "unofficial" Morrissey fan website.

Regards,
FWD.
Did this website start back in 1998?

Was it nasty even in 1998?

I don't like the negativity towards Morrissey on here and some of Morrissey's genuine fans are given a hard time on here. It seems that Morrissey is very aware of it all though.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom