It’s not about politics

Is it built into Christianity, too, then? "His blood be upon us and on our children," "you belong to your father, the devil, the father of lies."
Yes, although nowhere can the actions of Jesus be considered in that light. Just those who wrote about his life several decades later. The main difference though - in Europe at least, Christianity as a religion is basically over. Islam as a religion is very much on the march. And a fairly extreme Wahabi version of Islam at that.

He wouldn't get any prestige from being Morrissey's record label.

And Morrissey would be unhappy that he'd get no positive mainstream coverage - just the same bunch of shitty racists that have already flogged those two songs & two albums to death.

Morrissey's music isn't the product.

Racism is the product.

If he makes an investment, Malarkey, he wants a return. He already has racism as a product; his business right now is right-wing media. If he wants to distribute a record, that's something different.

Morrissey is going to be unhappy about mainstream coverage and chart positions until the day he dies. What Levant will want to do is profit from releasing a record. He'll probably know going in (knowing Morrissey) that it might be a one-off.

If he makes an investment, Malarkey, he wants a return. He already has racism as a product; his business right now is right-wing media. If he wants to distribute a record, that's something different.

Morrissey is going to be unhappy about mainstream coverage and chart positions until the day he dies. What Levant will want to do is profit from releasing a record. He'll probably know going in (knowing Morrissey) that it might be a one-off.

Levant will take him to court to get his money back.

And Morrissey will never get booked for anything legit in his life again.

Yes, although nowhere can the actions of Jesus be considered in that light. Just those who wrote about his life several decades later. The main difference though - in Europe at least, Christianity as a religion is basically over. Islam as a religion is very much on the march. And a fairly extreme Wahabi version of Islam at that.

The only sources we have for Mohammed, though, are later as well. I think Tom Holland did a documentary wondering if Mohammed even existed.

Levant will take him to court to get his money back.

And Morrissey will never get booked for anything legit in his life again.

Get his money back from who—Morrissey? Your syntax is so confusing. This is simple: if Levant buys Bonfire of Teenagers from Capital, that is an investment. Capital has his money at that point, not Morrissey. Capital is not legally responsible for whether Levant can turn a profit from it. Caveat emptor. Levant has to either sell it to another label for distribution or create his own independent label to release it.

That deal is so crap Morrissey may as well put the album on SER's YouTube.

Probably. I think it would hurt the record if Levant created his own "Rebel Media Music" label for it. It would only add to any criticism, come release time, Morrissey's going to get for his alt-right associations (whether real, imagined, or the fault of idiot relatives. Let's not debate that). But if, and more likely, Levant is just a facilitator who buys it back and sells it to an established label, that association is relatively negligible.

He should get a new team - junk or rewrite those songs - & get a deal with a legit record company.
Why would he want to junk or rewrite Bonfire? It's a good song. You spent a previous thread performing mental gymnastics trying to convince everyone that the song is entirely innocent and not controversial in any way. Are you now minimising your powers of persuasion? Come on, Malarkey, I'm sure you can try to convince everyone that Notre Dame is also entirely innocent. Get the yoga mat out.

Why would he want to junk or rewrite Bonfire? It's a good song. You spent a previous thread performing mental gymnastics trying to convince everyone that the song is entirely innocent and not controversial in any way. Are you now minimising your powers of persuasion? Come on, Malarkey, I'm sure you can try to convince everyone that Notre Dame is also entirely innocent. Get the yoga mat out.

Racists like you have already been using those songs online.

It's not worth losing more of his time & his career to it.

Morrissey saying bitty things he's picked up from his relatives that have to be turned into a shitstorm by the mainstream media & endlessly repeated by trolls like you - isn't worth paying for.

Morrissey would have to know he was being paid to spout anti-Muslim pro-Israel rhetoric & he would have to be happy for his entire solo career to be reduced to it.

No one who wasn't also promoting bigotry would bother with his music while he was still alive & he'd probably have to be dead 10 years before we could rescue Vauxhall & I.

Like I said on the Brand thread - it's a case of contacting the media/venues etc - & pointing out what's happened & why the shitstorms have to stop.
So your argument is that Morrissey believes whatever his relatives say about politics without putting any thought into it himself?

So your argument is that Morrissey believes whatever his relatives say about politics without putting any thought into it himself?

They were all under a lot of pressure - with a truly evil activist pitching them for years on end. So, yeah - it was going from the fanbase, to the crew, to Morrissey.

Is that loser still crying, honey bunny? I can’t see what he’s saying because I have him permanently ignored but let me laugh along with you anyway :mock: :mock:
He said 'shame on you', honey bunny! To me!!!! I'm not the one with the dirty mind! My mind is pure! Why should I ever feel shame about anything, honey bunny?!

I just went along with it though and said 'k' which was pretty genteel of me considering I have the skills to thwomp him to kingdom come!!!! Aren't I so well behaved, honey bunny?!

Back
Top Bottom