It’s not about politics

As for Western public money, military support, and uncritical cheerleading, you’ll find nothing anywhere like with Israel. Dark money, shadowy assignations, and private corporations are comparatively nothing—which isn’t to say those things are fine. The military industrial complex is evil on a lot of levels, but Israel is the big behemoth.
Gaza has done pretty well when it comes to foreign aid. Much of the billions almost certainly siphoned off by Hamas to buy rockets and build their huge network of underground tunnels. And keep their frontmen in luxury flats in Kensington. I would have little doubt that money from the military industrial complex goes to fund both sides, to keep it all going. There's money in them thar hills.

“It’s fine.” - Malarkey
I bet you hid your press titles for a reason.

Haiti is one of the Marshall Islands, where fallout from the Castle Bravo nuclear test covered land and residents. It was under US occupation from 1915, meaning constraining t & cs.

"Errata notices are commonly included in books, academic journals, and research papers to alert readers to mistakes and provide the accurate information. These corrections help maintain the integrity of the content and ensure that readers have access to the most reliable and up-to-date information."

So not Haiti, but oronym Hawaii is at the far end of the Marshall Islands. Hawaii was also affected by the nuclear test Starfish Prime in outer space. Sadly enough, nuclear tests were done around the world that led to the UN admitting nowhere escaped traces. Compensation for harm from downwind fallout continues to be on US govt agenda. But it doesn't stop powers ramping up nuclear production.

If that's not important to one person, it is to others, and just because someone doesn't care, doesn't mean a strange dust hasn't already landed on their hand and on their face :tears:

Last edited:
That's not the same thing and you know it. China has its own country which no one is contesting china's right to have.

"The US has just approved a $75 million weapons package to Taiwan province involving the sale of the Link 16 communications system... It confers deadly powers, or more prosaically, in the words of the US military, it completes Taiwan as the final, lethal link of the multilateral coalition kill chain against China."

Yes I did, do you want to know the reason? It was so I didn’t take up more space with the screenshots than was necessary. If you were that interested in which websites the articles came from you could have typed the headlines into Google yourself - since I know you love endlessly researching things which aren’t that important, just like your buddy Malarkey - and you would have seen the websites in question were The Daily Express US, Newsweek, breakingnews.ie, The Daily Star, and The Guardian. More or less the first articles that popped up when I typed ‘Haiti’ into Google.

Haiti is one of the Marshall Islands, where fallout from the Castle Bravo nuclear test covered land and residents. It was under US occupation from 1915, meaning constraining t & cs.

What? I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt but Haiti is on the island of Hispaniola in the Caribbean Sea, the Marshall Islands are in the central Pacific Ocean. Unless I’m overlooking something here I can’t see what the Castle Bravo nuclear test has to do with Haiti.

IMG_1856.jpeg

Last edited:
It's interesting who slags Morrissey off for the situation he's in - but then likes John Lydon becoming right-wing.

Alex J's been on a bit of a right-wing liking spree so if he's still not thinking about protecting Morrissey's career you might eke out some controversy when Morrissey comes back... but I don't think it'll ever take off the way it did in 2017/21.

Gaza has done pretty well when it comes to foreign aid. Much of the billions almost certainly siphoned off by Hamas to buy rockets and build their huge network of underground tunnels. And keep their frontmen in luxury flats in Kensington. I would have little doubt that money from the military industrial complex goes to fund both sides, to keep it all going. There's money in them thar hills.

Your link is proving my point, if you compare Palestinian aid to Israel. Wikipedia says, "the US is also a major contributor [to Palestinian aid], providing more than $5.2 billion through USAID since 1994." That averages 167M/yr. Compare that to the 4.4B/yr given to Israel and there's your massive discrepancy.

Or take the current situation. 1200 Israelis killed on October 7th earned Israel a 14B aid package. 30,000 Gazans killed, cities reduced to rubble, and their food, water, and power cut off and suffering through a famine got them: a paltry 100M. Tells you all you need to know. Congress is debating an additional 50M for the poor Gazans, and at the same time they're preparing 17B more for Israel.

As pointed out by BTH you are a bit off on your geography there, goinghome.
Haiti is one half of the island of Hispaniola, in the Caribbean.
The Marshall Islands are in the Pacific Ocean.

Your link is proving my point, if you compare Palestinian aid to Israel. Wikipedia says, "the US is also a major contributor [to Palestinian aid], providing more than $5.2 billion through USAID since 1994." That averages 167M/yr. Compare that to the 4.4B/yr given to Israel and there's your massive discrepancy.

Or take the current situation. 1200 Israelis killed on October 7th earned Israel a 14B aid package. 30,000 Gazans killed, cities reduced to rubble, and their food, water, and power cut off and suffering through a famine got them: a paltry 100M. Tells you all you need to know. Congress is debating an additional 50M for the poor Gazans, and at the same time they're preparing 17B more for Israel.
Agreed, the aid budget is clearly skewed. Imagine the billions of aid though that would have flooded in if the PLO had accepted the 2-state solution that was offered to them by Clinton? But this isn't about a Palestinian state. It is about wanting to get the Jews off Muslim land.

Haiti is on the island of Hispaniola in the Caribbean Sea, the Marshall Islands are in the central Pacific Ocean.
As pointed out by BTH you are a bit off on your geography there, goinghome.
Don't rake up my mistakes
I know exactly what they are

Raoul Peck comes from a political family in Haiti and is a notable film director responsible for, I Am Not Your Negro, about James Baldwin; an excellent low-budget documentary about Congo's Patrice Lumumba, and one in 2013 about Haiti, Fatal Assistance - https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0669704/

Non-intervention by UN/US is exactly what civil society groups have been demanding for years, culminating in their Montana Accords which would allow Haiti build back in its own way - https://peoplesdispatch.org/2024/03...-movements-warn-against-foreign-intervention/

Mayhem can be a ploy to creep in and drill, because apparently, despite disorder and poverty, the land weeps oil - https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/what-are-the-major-natural-resources-of-haiti.html

Over on reddit, when a new fan seeking information, observed that Morrissey 'is based', they got this fine reply.

I read with much interest your observation or opinion that Morrissey is based. Not knowing this vernacular, I researched the term on the Internet, thinking it a nouveau slang of millenials, of which I read "Based is a slang term that originally meant to be addicted to crack cocaine (or acting like you were), but was reclaimed by rapper Lil B for being yourself and not caring what others think of you—to carry yourself with swagger.Sep 6, 2018"

Doubting, myself, that Morrissey indulges more than rarely in crack cocaine, the meaning suggests that he is confident in his opinions and not insecure to care what others feel about him,.

While I suspect the truth is multilayered and complex, it is likely true that Morrissey sticks to his principles and does not follow the fickle popular opinions. It is quite insightful of you to make this observation from only one album!

The evolution of language before our eyes! That's being 'based'. Not easy these days.

It is about wanting to get the Jews off Muslim land.

Precisely it is. "From the river to the sea." There is no way the Palestinians could've accepted any US-brokered plan that did not include the right of return.

Unfortunately, it is almost certainly going to be the Israelis who fulfill a "river to the sea" dream. The cost will be that Jews will be broadly hated, and Israel will only last until the breakdown of global civilization, which could be less than a century away if climate models are any good. Or perhaps Allah will repay.

Morrissey 'is based'

I think "based" is mostly a 4chan/alt-right slang. I don't know if that's a compliment Morrissey wants, but that itself depends on how you view Morrissey. Does he want Anne Marie Waters as empress, or does he prefer fantasizing about gritty prison sex with macho tattooed Latinos? Or both?

I think "based" is mostly a 4chan/alt-right slang. I don't know if that's a compliment Morrissey wants, but that itself depends on how you view Morrissey. Does he want Anne Marie Waters as empress, or does he prefer fantasizing about gritty prison sex with macho tattooed Latinos? Or both?

The left stole it. Anyone can be based now.

Back
Top Bottom