Is Morrissey conservative?

Well you 'aim low' when it comes to talking about morrissey just to stir and/or because you are bitter at him(for what? he not fitting your definition of a feminist?)--which is it?

and furthermore,i just simply do not agree with who you think morrissey is.

I may have misused the word sensationalist, but you have to understand...it's my word of the week. :eek:

Well, I already answered that bit about stirring the pot. I say what I think and don't take into account what the average poster thinks of that. Really. So what if it makes you or anybody else sad? Morrissey emerges unharmed in another city, playing to another stadium and I sincerely doubt my words have caused him to lose a ticket sale to this date. The only reason why I assume it bothers you is because I raise points that you don't really want to think about. your only retort is "you're pulling stuff out of your ass" when at least what I say is based on my own observations which then informs and creates my opinion and you can't even do the decent thing and tell me WHY i'm wrong before you launch into name calling.

i don't think i owe an apology for expressing my views or contributing to discussion for anyone who launches into juvenile antics as a retort. i also don't think i owe you an explanation of what i think about morrissey, or why i come here, or why i go to his shows, or have his albums, or why i don't leave.

People should try this.

http://www.politicalcompass.org/questionnaire

Answer as quickly and as honestly and as possible.

It's very interesting. Here's where I end up -

printablegraph

Well, I already answered that bit about stirring the pot. I say what I think and don't take into account what the average poster thinks of that. Really. So what if it makes you or anybody else sad? Morrissey emerges unharmed in another city, playing to another stadium and I sincerely doubt my words have caused him to lose a ticket sale to this date. The only reason why I assume it bothers you is because I raise points that you don't really want to think about. your only retort is "you're pulling stuff out of your ass" when at least what I say is based on my own observations which then informs and creates my opinion and you can't even do the decent thing and tell me WHY i'm wrong before you launch into name calling.

i don't think i owe an apology for expressing my views or contributing to discussion for anyone who launches into juvenile antics as a retort. i also don't think i owe you an explanation of what i think about morrissey, or why i come here, or why i go to his shows, or have his albums, or why i don't leave.

Did i ever ask for an apology?

What are you talking about? I did get into why I think your original post is wrong. On some of your points more so than others. Others here did too. My retort was not only the 'pulling out of the ass' comment, and it was not juvenile antics (though perhaps kinda mean here and there). Look Suzanne, perhaps you are right, you say things i don't want to think about concerning Morrissey? and it makes me angry. I don't think that's exactly it, but who knows. In the end, we all believe what we want to believe. In the end, your posts have a way at making me sick. Which shouldn't bother you. And I know you are very opinionated and can take intense criticism, so good for you. Look, it's not like we ever clash, or will many times in the future. i just couldn't take it anymore. We've both been here for over two years and I couldn't take it anymore.

You go your way I go mine.

bobcoolsmokin63.jpg

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Puddle next year I'm going to NY...so be aware, I'm gonna teach you by force to not call a skinheads neo-nazis!

couldn't we get obnoxiously drunk instead?

Look, where I come from, the term 'skinheads' refers to neo-nazi's.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

I think he's conservative.

2. His extent of gender bending has been mainly to serve his own purposes as a fan of the NY Dolls and an artist. There have been no women in his band, most of the women he does employ mostly get to fetch his coffee or update his website and are paid in free tickets to shows. His belief that it is worse for women to wear fur than men because "they are mothers" borders on cave-manish understanding of the female psyche. The fact that his champions Kristeen Young is, i'll admit, a bit of a surprise because 98% of up and comers he'll put forth are groups of guys. Then again, I'll argue that he sees Kristeen as the new Linder and thinks that maybe he could save her when he couldn't save Linder and her band years ago.
So, all those years Morrissey was fake when he was professing feminist beliefs... he is really a big bad sexist pig ... Proof: he disapproves of women wearing fur?! :confused:

Well, at least he didn't write a viciously sarcastic (and I mean that in the most complimentary way) song about women who wear fur - such as Skin by Siouxsie and The Banshees... Maybe you should go to some Siouxsie forum to accuse her of male chauvinism?

How do you know what women Morrissey employs do?! Were you his employee?? Did you ever get to see who gets to fetch his coffee? It's well known that Morrissey has - both in The Smiths and solo - worked with many women; he had had female managers, press officers, women who worked on the design of his record sleeves... Were Jo Slee, Caryn Gough, Ruth Polski, Pat Bellis, Martha Defoe, Gail Colson etc. there to fetch his coffee?! I don't think so.

Championing Kristeen Young is a "surprise"?! How so? Oh, it must be because Morrissey is known to never have admired any female artists (apart from Linder, right?)... what with Nico, Patti Smith, Joni Mitchell, Sandie Shaw and other 60s girl singers, girl groups like The Cookies, The Marvelettes etc., The Slits, Siouxsie and The Banshees, his support of The Primitives and Echobelly, Phranc...

So, we have already "learned" that Morrissey is a racist... now he is sexist, too?! :rolleyes: What is next - will someone accuse him of hating animals and being a vicious meat-eater??

And how would Kristeen Young be a "new Linder"?? They're both women and they both sing? :rolleyes: I don't see why would he need to "save" Kristeen (did something happen to her?) and I don't see how he could have "saved Linder's band"? Ludus broke up because Linder and Ian Devine fell out around 1983, even though they were invited to Brussels by Benoit Hennebert to record a new album for Crepuscule. How was Morrissey to save them - patching things up between the two of them maybe?

As for having women in his band, Puddle has already answered that:

What? how does suzanne know who morrissey employs? as far as band, he has worked with female singers. and even though members of his band have been all male, there's haven't been many members anyways. what has this p.c. world come to. Does morrissey need to hire female band members in order to be labeled liberal? when morrissey met the lads, was he supposed to say, "well i like you, but i have a quota to fill. i need to make room for a female in my band, and someone who is black, and perhaps transgender." of course not!! you work with who you want to work with. and that tirade about Kristeen and Linder is just unfounded gibberish, totally out of suzanne's ass.

3. In paradox, he does like to immortalize very brutish masculine stuff like serial killers, gangsters, and boxers. He likes watching men beat the crap out of each other and cause each other permanent brain damage, but can't take it if fluffy the bunny is getting lathered up with a new shampoo. this then leads to the conclusion that his animal rights stance is an aberration in his philosophy: violence is good if it's entertaining or it is done on people who do animal testing. To me, that's a very insular opinion of the rules of the world.
What does have to do with conservativism?? Please tell me where you have read that boxing is a conservative sport and that liberals abhor it? And since when is writing songs/books/making movies about gangsters or serial killers supposed to be a sign of conservativism? :confused: All those conservative politicians who are continually whining about the violence on screen and asking for censorship would certainly disagree with you!!!

Last edited:
What does have to do with conservativism?? Please tell me where you have read that boxing is a conservative sport and that liberals abhor it? And since when is writing songs/books/making movies about gangsters or serial killers supposed to be a sign of conservativism? :confused: All those conservative politicians who are continually whining about the violence on screen and asking for censorship would certainly disagree with you!!!

why do i have to read anywhere that boxing is conservative?

it's obvious that violence is the bastion of the conservatives. go to Texas A&M where students routinely pummel the crap out of one another as an accepted means of discipline. those are a bunch of good old boys and i'll bet you won't find a single guy in the Corp that voted for a democrat.

Back
Top Bottom