Is it okay for Veterinarians to eat animals?

None of the vets I've worked for have been vegetarians. The first one I worked for didn't even have a pet.

I've known several vegetarians who wanted to be veterinarians, but I'd assume that going through the courses, seeing pictures of sick/dying/dead creatures and discussing them at length might be a turn off for that sort of person (me too, actually). It takes a certain person to deal with that stuff, kind of like how most doctors are very to-the-point and not really all that sympathetic with whatever health issue you are facing.

Might be wrong to think this, but what about a situation where a vegan veterinarian cures a sickly animal, and then the animal eats the vet! :eek:

I think it's important. People that don't care are part of the problem.

I just don't think it's necessary to be making 3 posts a day concerning vegetarianism. God knows I'd love to be vegetarian, I just can't at the moment - health concerns.

I've known several vegetarians who wanted to be veterinarians, but I'd assume that going through the courses, seeing pictures of sick/dying/dead creatures and discussing them at length might be a turn off for that sort of person (me too, actually). It takes a certain person to deal with that stuff, kind of like how most doctors are very to-the-point and not really all that sympathetic with whatever health issue you are facing.

Might be wrong to think this, but what about a situation where a vegan veterinarian cures a sickly animal, and then the animal eats the vet! :eek:

Yes, I know that I could never be a veterinarian (I didn't even want to be a vet when I was a child...I did really want to be a doctor, though), because I wouldn't want to put an animal "to sleep". I'm pretty sure I would not be able to do that.

stuff it.

Relax. I was just joking.

I wonder how they make "hushpuppies?"

520px-Hushpuppies_5stack.jpg

Relax. I was just joking.

I wonder how they make "hushpuppies?"

520px-Hushpuppies_5stack.jpg

Well, me too. I have an aggressive sense of humor, just hope I don't hurt anyone in the process of being... humorous. And I don't like smileys for irony and such.

Hushpuppies? Are those Hushpuppies? What are those? What do they taste like? Puppies?

Well, me too. I have an aggressive sense of humor, just hope I don't hurt anyone in the process of being... humorous. And I don't like smileys for irony and such.

You won't hurt my feelings, I don't have any.
I'm more with you on the smileys than not.

biru said:
Hushpuppies? Are those Hushpuppies? What are those? What do they taste like? Puppies?

Yes, those are hushpuppies. I don't believe I've ever had one, but they're made cornmeal mix, flour, green onion, milk, and eggs then deep fried.

I know some "old timer" large animal vets, who made house calls to farms to deliver cows and such. They used to bring over snacks they'd call "hush puppies." I always wondered if those perhaps had an extra ingredient.

Hey-O!

Back
Top Bottom