Morrissey Central "IRISH BL❤️❤️D" (January 18, 2024)

The other major problem is social media.

A group of women chatting online about their concerns over gender should never lead to a prosecution - but when it's been turned into a business model that needs outage on a daily basis, then there's problems.

If you're sharing videos about crimes committed by trans people millions of times you're teaching people to afraid of, & disgusted by, all trans people & that will lead to real world negative consequences, while some horrendous podcaster gets paid for it.
You know that violent right wing men who hate trans folk (and the vast majority of average men as well) don't listen to radical feminists, right? They are viewed as misandrists or "feminazis" and are largely ignored

I don’t understand that people don’t understand how dangerous this is. Do you think governments will only use this legislation to get people to be nicer to each other? The government will be able to decide in a whim what is and isn’t hate speech. What makes people so sure that, say, voicing concerns about forced vaccinations won’t be classed as hate speech? Voicing concerns about free and fair elections? Voicing concerns about war? This legislation gives them full control of the narrative. Wake the f*** up!

It's not a separate crime - it's an aggravating factor for harassment or inciting violence or whatever you're charged with.

The danger could be that refusing to use pronouns is classed as harassment but that would involve a lot respectable middle-aged women being in the courts & American Christian groups have got involved - no government needs that headache.

You know that violent right wing men who hate trans folk (and the vast majority of average men as well) don't listen to radical feminists, right? They are viewed as misandrists or "feminazis" and are largely ignored

Radical feminists aren't the only people sharing this stuff.

Ireland is going the way of Sweden and Germany. The Islamists are attempting to equate criticism of Islam with race hate.

We have reached the point where this oppressor / oppressed relationship essentially means that the supposedly oppressed party can do whatever they want without criticism, including murder.

Once a political coalition is created through this prism, moral judgments get slanted by us-vs-them thinking. This is the dead end of identity politics cult and intersectionality.

No longer champions of tolerance and free speech, the "illiberal Left" now viciously attacks and silences anyone with alternative points of view. Europe has fallen.
It is strange that it is the liberal left who now want to restrict what people can say. The liberal left spent most of the 20th century (quite rightly) fighting to remove restrictions on what people can say. Think of all those landmark cases - the trial in the USA over James Joyce's Ulysses; Alan Ginsberg's Howl; the Chicago 7; and in the UK, the trial over Lady Chatterley's Lover, or Oz magazine, or Mary Whitehouse suing Gay News for blasphemy. And yet here we are, in 2024, and the liberal left now want to restrict what people can and cannot say. Crazy. This is really just a new blasphemy law. Only blasphemy now is considered saying something hateful about protected groups, rather than saying something hateful about God.

But who gets to decide?

For the record, I just want us to reason about this. Apply some critical thinking and not jump to the conclusion that it’s 100 percent awful or 100 percent great.
Society is pretty good at deciding what is and is not socially acceptable. Society has decided that the n word is no longer socially acceptable. And workplaces would also have policies restricting abusive language. And that's absolutely fine. Does the criminal code need to get involved?

It is strange that it is the liberal left who now want to restrict what people can say. The liberal left spent most of the 20th century (quite rightly) fighting to remove restrictions on what people can say. Think of all those landmark cases - the trial in the USA over James Joyce's Ulysses; Alan Ginsberg's Howl; the Chicago 7; and in the UK, the trial over Lady Chatterley's Lover, or Oz magazine, or Mary Whitehouse suing Gay News for blasphemy. And yet here we are, in 2024, and the liberal left now want to restrict what people can and cannot say. Crazy. This is really just a new blasphemy law. Only blasphemy now is considered saying something hateful about protected groups, rather than saying something hateful about God.

Right-wingers are demanding people be deported for speaking about a war.

I don't think you'll get away with pretending it's the liberal-left anymore.

Right-wingers are demanding people be deported for speaking about a war.

I don't think you'll get away with pretending it's the liberal-left anymore.
To be fair the likes of Douglas Murray have been calling for people to be deported for supporting terrorism.

But I don't want anyone restricting freedom of speech - whether it's the left or the right. That is the whole point. These hate speech laws in the UK go back to Thatcher during the miners' strike. Once they are on the statute book, any government can start to weaponise them.

To be fair the likes of Douglas Murray have been calling for people to be deported for supporting terrorism.

But I don't want anyone restricting freedom of speech - whether it's the left or the right. That is the whole point. These hate speech laws in the UK go back to Thatcher during the miners' strike. Once they are on the statute book, any government can start to weaponise them.

Douglas lies & claims every single word in favour of Palestine is terrorism.

Existing while not agreeing with him is terrorism.

Do you think governments will only use this legislation to get people to be nicer to each other?
IMG_20240120_064636.jpg

This is why people were fighting against statues being taken down in the US, it's the slippery slope. I know someone will try to start shit about the Confederacy, but I am so not interested. History is history, no need to erase it. And all of this was over Saint George Floyd.

. . . except when people are criticising him.
Well some straight up lie about him too. I'd be sick of it too. That's like if an artist who paints nude models.. people bash them for it and tell them it's gross, immoral, blasphemous bla bla bla bla; I'd get annoyed if I were that artist who paints nude models and I'd probably talk some shit as well.. artists/creatives seem to always be attacked. What does an animal do when provoked? Fight or flight. Morrissey is a fighter, mostly. But he does love to retreat to his bed at the end of the day, as we all do. ♥️

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom