Interesting Choice to Sue

Vauxhall95

I Know It's Over...
Anyone else find it interesting that Morrissey is suing the NME now and didn't back in 1992? In 1992, at the height of Moz-Mania he opted to stay silent about the whole matter of racism. His logic seemed to be: why try to convince people I'm something I'm not? No one will listen, and it will simply sell more magazines for the people trying to pillory me.

Fast forward to 2007 and the NME is back to its old games. Yet, Morrissey's reaction is markedly different. This could be interpreted that the NME did alter the article, and Morrissey will not sit idly by while they assassinate his character again. Or perhaps, he's tired of self-imposed exiles for crimes he has never committed?

Your thoughts???

Last edited:
Your thoughts???

maybe losing the Joyce lawsuit left him with the attitude of "get them before they get you."

Second, the loser in British court cases automatically pays the other side's legal fees. His legal team is probably fairly confident that they have a good case.

I think he had the opinion back then that he was above all of that. He didn't care what people thought and wouldn't bring himself down to their level to correct them. He's a different person now. He's been forced into court proceedings and he's found what it feels like to lose a case. He wants to put the hurt on NME now.

btw, I'm not knocking him at all about his thoughts that he is above it. I don't mean to get too heavy but I think that the world is basically evil and corrupt and we all start out with the potential to be pure and idealistic. As we get older we give in and are worn down. That's how people grow up?

Back
Top Bottom