If one video leaked would you want it to be...

If one video leaked.. which would you want it to be...

• Total voters
Tim Broad's footage is seen in The Importance... yes? With Bowie flipping through the Kill Uncle tour book and Moz walking through the empty bleachers?

I really liked Tim Broad's simple, uncluttered style. It's a universe away from the ADD-afflicted content of recent years. James O'Brien did a good job of picking up the mantle, but unfortunately stopped working with Morrissey a long time ago. Always wondered why...

Yes, that's the stuff. That's the first time, as far as I'm aware, that it appeared anywhere and it was frustratingly brief. No idea how the 'Importance Of..' producers got ahold of it, but I would imagine EMI still control the rights to it. They were the ones (via PMI) who were set to release a long form video documentary of the tour in July '91, after a proposed MTV broadcast. Neither happened.
I think Tim Broad was shooting for most of the 'Kill Uncle' jaunt, certainly the first UK and US legs, spring to summer that year, which was an amazing time in MozWorld. Think 'Morrissey Shot' on 16mm colour film! I remember a Moz interview that summer in 'Musician' magazine with Katherine Deickmann where he discussed the apparently real prospect of some sort of theatrical release of this Tim Broad directed project which sounded like a cross between a documentary and a biopic.
That 'Morrissey Archive' must be fit to burst with treasures.

Hollywood Bowl Setlist

The Queen Is Dead
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys
Ganglord
The National Front Disco
Let Me Kiss You
All You Need Is Me
The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
Irish Blood, English Heart
Disappointed
I've Changed My Plea To Guilty
Everyday Is Like Sunday
In The Future When All's Well
I Will See You In Far Off Places
Girlfriend In A Coma
First Of The Gang To Die
I Just Want To See The Boy Happy
You Have Killed Me
That's How People Grow Up
Life Is A Pigsty
How Soon Is Now?
/Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want
/You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side
/There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

Maybe I picked Wolverhampton too soon.

Holy. Crap.

Now that is a setlist.

I never knew that Tim Broad was documenting the Kill Uncle tour for a long-form video. That would certainly trump everything if it's in some semblance of completion. It'd be fitting if some way was found to release it in 2011, 20 years after the tour - if not in its complete form, perhaps as bonus footage on a reissue of "Live in Dallas?"

That failing, I agree that "South with Morrissey" should be an option. I remember a pre-order page was even up and ready when the cord got yanked. I was very disappointed. I don't think this will ever resurface because the success of You Are the Quarry has lead him to retrospectively skip over those wilderness years. It's a shame: 11 shows in, I still think the time I saw him in 2000 was the best. His career was in somewhat desperate straits, and, in spite of it (perhaps because of it) he was playing every show like it was terribly important to him. I think nowadays (and, to be fair, it is ten years on) there are nights where it seems like an element of "autopilot" kicks in.

4401366691_13198486ab_b.jpg

From the foosty Frady archives.
'NME' and, below, 'Melody Maker', cuttings dated 22nd June 1991.
This was at the fag-end of the era when the if Morrissey farted in the bath the 'NME' would have an exclusive on the number and size of his bubbles. ;)
O Happy Daze!

the bowl

a 1999/2000 or 2002 would be more likable

Malmö 2002 to name one, the bootleg is great, audio

1 compilation gig, from every tour, with every song, and than choose the best

Put them nice box with a tacky bag , 75 euroos, at yer local musicshop:lbf:

Back
Top Bottom