If one video leaked would you want it to be...

If one video leaked.. which would you want it to be...

• Total voters

bored

not bitter but bored
Wolverhampton 88
The Hollywood Bowl 07

This one is tough for me. That 88 show is a special treat but the 07 show is much more music and a way better setlist.

Yeah.. the boards post your message before you complete the poll.

Last edited:
Wolverhampton Setlist

Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before
Disappointed
Interesting Drug
Suedehead
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys
Sister I'm A Poet
Death At One's Elbow
Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Hollywood Bowl Setlist

The Queen Is Dead
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys
Ganglord
The National Front Disco
Let Me Kiss You
All You Need Is Me
The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
Irish Blood, English Heart
Disappointed
I've Changed My Plea To Guilty
Everyday Is Like Sunday
In The Future When All's Well
I Will See You In Far Off Places
Girlfriend In A Coma
First Of The Gang To Die
I Just Want To See The Boy Happy
You Have Killed Me
That's How People Grow Up
Life Is A Pigsty
How Soon Is Now?
/Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want
/You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side
/There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

Maybe I picked Wolverhampton too soon.

It's pointless to have an option 'both' because most of us would like to have both anyway.

I'll vote Wolverhampton for sentimental reason.

I was only joking actually.
I also voted for Wolverhampton. Yes, yes, yes, it's more valuable in a strange sentimental way.

the leighton meester sex tape isn't an option.

Probably one of the most difficult polls in the history of this site. :squiffy:

The Hollywood Bowl would have much higher entertainment and replay value. It'd probably sell better too since a lot of the kids would be looking for Morrissey's newer stuff.

Regardless, I suppose I'd want Wolverhampton due to it's historic value, but I'd imagine it wouldn't be very appreciated outside of dedicated Morrissey fans. I'd love to see the early versions of those Bona Drag/Viva Hate songs.

Someone refresh my memory as its been a long time since I've watched Hulmerist (which is very good for what it was), but was Sister...the only full song ever released from the concert? There are of course clips used as part of montages, as well. And the concert footage in Interesting Drug -- is that Wolverhampton?

Why wasn't it all released at some later point?

It's not an official release (and not only one concert) but it might've been good to add "South With Morrissey" to this poll. Barry somebody should resurrect it -- Morrissey won't care after all this time! (famous last words).

Come on it's has to be Wolverhampton 88 because it was Morrissey first gig and also The Smiths farewell gig! It is rare also because it's the only gig where Gannon is Morrissey's lead guitarest and fair play to the man, he definately should have stayed for a while with Morrissey with Rourke and Joyce touring!! I also think this is the best ever performance of Sister, I'm A Poet and that seperates The Smiths music from Morrissey solo. Even though I love Morrissey's solo stuff too!

Someone refresh my memory as its been a long time since I've watched Hulmerist (which is very good for what it was), but was Sister...the only full song ever released from the concert? There are of course clips used as part of montages, as well. And the concert footage in Interesting Drug -- is that Wolverhampton?

It's not an official release (and not only one concert) but it might've been good to add "South With Morrissey" to this poll. Barry somebody should resurrect it -- Morrissey won't care after all this time! (famous last words).

Sweet and Tender Hooligan from that show was released as a b-side for Interesting Drug 12" and CD5.

The rest of the songs are bootleg only.

Thanks -- I meant live videos of whole songs.

Maybe EMI can release a DVD/Blu-ray of the whole show packaged with a MP3s on a "MOZ" USB memory chip, booklet etc. They missed a 20 year anniversary opportunity though.

Sweet and Tender Hooligan from that show was released as a b-side for Interesting Drug 12" and CD5.

The rest of the songs are bootleg only.

Doubt it, Morrissey won't be getting any royalties....
It would be good if it was just leaked on the internet, but it's probably hidden in the darkest vault known to man!

Re: Wolverhampton

Recently Morrissey posted a statement in TTY which hinted that he wouldn't receive royalty from EMI / Parlophone CD box sets.
Possibly something to do with the contract which does not encourage him to release the footage.

Just for some perspective, here is footage from the hollywood bowl and the wolverhampton footage. Personally I'd love to have a professional video from the 2007 tour since those shows meant so much to me

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly if he gets no money, then he won't do it unfortuantely...and yes we all know most of that footage is off the Hulmerist video, probably everybody has seen it. I'd like to see the video of opening "Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before", I bet that was a great opening!

Back
Top Bottom