How has Moz shaped your life?

youtha

For me personally Morrissey is responsible for my marriage! You can't get more influential than that. I was a Smith's fan from 1984 aged 15. I was determined to live in Manchester and three years later I applied to Manchester Poly - on the basis of the excellence of the course (as explained to my teachers and parents) but really on the basis that I wanted to know the Whalley Range and Rushholme ruffians of my beloved Moz. And so it was I spent eight happy years living, studying and working and falling in love in Manchester's mean streets. I now have my very own "Manc" husband and am still indebted to Moz for helping me find the love of my life!

thats really cool, and I definetly cant beat it but ina round about way he got me into play writing which I really enjoy and and now I know what I want to study English in college so:)

i had a singer/songwriter "career" that spanned 3 years, 1 coffee house, and about 25 songs all because he lead me to believe that sort of thing was cool. yeah, it may be "cool" to do it only if you yourself look cool doing it. recently, i parlayed that "success" into having the nerve to respond to an email and now i can be heard singing on a recording as part of a choir of a rock opera that some people i knew put together.

I waste far too much time on this website! :D

He's one of the reasons I decided to live in UK.
It's weird to say, but I always felt I was born in the wrong place although there's no one in my family had connection with UK.
I guess there's something to do with my previous life or my guardian spirit led me here.:p

I'd been seeing this chap for about a year or so, it was all a bit up and down - good and bad as love is. One day I was staying over at his, he was working and I mentioned I'd forgotten to pack a t-shirt to wear, he suggested I look in the drawers. I opened the drawer and the first t-shirt I pulled out was the Morrissey Vespa t-shirt and that was it.

Reader, I married him.

:)

Too many effects to count, really. The biggest one was that I developed a huge liking for men who wore national health spectacles and blouses. How sexual.

heh heh - me too - i spent a lot of my time in manchester checking out quiffs, glasses, blouses and rolled up levis!

He keeps me from moving on!!

Thanks for posting this, I was about to let some very deep personal things come out, but now I'm just gonna say that he does the very opposite for me.

Thanks for posting this, I was about to let some very deep personal things come out, but now I'm just gonna say that he does the very opposite for me.

Sure no problem. I'm glad i could help. though if you wish to "let it out", by all means do.

I got obsessed with him because I think share his opinions about many things. And he inspires me to try to write better lyrics. And he sure makes my life more interesting with his music! Such a simple thing - putting on a Moz DVD and suddenly feeling less depressed. What would life be without music? I´d need Prozac without him.

he gived me Alessandra ,in my arms for seven years,and then,he kills me....i hate you moz,but i love you! it's really hard to live with your lyrics, and these memories............

Since my initial discovery of Morrissey he has shaped my life in so many ways.

But the most fundamental way is that he came into my life when I felt there was nothing to get excited about, nothing to cause my heart to flutter, nothing much that brought an instant smile to my face and feeling that there was nobody who was the same as me.

I am a big believer in fate and feel he came into my life at exactly the right time, I may be poorer financially than I have ever been, but I have never been so content. Thank you Morrissey.

Am I the only one who doesn't think he's shaped my life at all? :confused:
He's just an artist I like.

it's hard to believe.....but ok! i think at morrissey not in terms of simple artist....for me is the artist. maybe i'm crazy,but from the 80's,til now,it's the only music (exept my group),that i listen and play....ok,give me an analyst.....:D

Morrissey hasn’t had too long to be an influence me but he’s certainly made an impact on me this year. I’m still undecided as to whether he’s come along at the complete right/ wrong time and as to whether he’s a saviour or corrupter! Reading his thoughts and listening to his lyrics have caused me to ask big questions about myself and my life. I’m kind of at the starting point of my adult life I guess, I just graduated from uni this year and I’m trying to decide what on earth to do with myself- give in to the evil lure of office temping or hold out for something I actually want to do. It has to be said, listening to songs like ‘Still Ill’ and ‘Heaven Knows’ really put a dampener on my motivation sometimes. Oh, and I’m also pretty determined to be moving to Manchester as soon as possible, that’s not 100% down to Morrissey, I do have friends and vague family ties there, but mostly it probably is! Well, when you don’t have any direction, you take any inspiration.

And well, I’d say he has helped me in accepting myself a little more, I don’t feel quite so much of a freak for not conforming and that it is ok to not be happy with things. And it’s nice to hear someone be vocal about things I thought I was alone in thinking! Although he has also made me consider the fact that I may still not be happy for a long time to come and that being alone is also a very real prospect. Sigh, well who knows how it’ll go, I’m interested to know…

Oh,my---it has to be in more ways than one:) Thing is: i have discovered his lyrics and genius himself in (very) early 20-s.You could say: a bit late. He helped me SO MUCH to understand what"s going on in me and to express complexity of emotional life. He even makes me think of depression and other jolly things as if they were some kind of blessings. Not really and not always,of course.But in the sense of expressing loud and clear whats inside of you. It is like..heart feels free in away. Awww..just rambling....

It's personal and as long as you enjoy listening Morrissey/The Smiths it's perfectly OK.:)
I love REM very much, but don't think their music has shaped my life.

I surpose i understand more about my own depression and it actually is not my fault that i have it, i just wish i could say something more romantic like listning to meat is murder persuaded me to become a vegetarian but nevermind.

Back
Top Bottom