Glastonbury 2024

Worst Glastonbury lineup for years?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
A

Anonymous

They said Glastonbury would have female headliners, yet Coldplay are the Saturday headliners on the Pyramid Stage?

2024_poster_14.03.24_website.png

I dunno if it’s the worst ever, but it really is bloody grim. Shania Twain headlining? Is this a joke? If it was a mainstream pop country festival in Hicksville, USA it would make perfect sense, but Glasto? That booking seems so far off the mark.

But! They’ve also managed to get Steel Pulse. Swings and roundabouts, kind of. Sort of.

I dunno if it’s the worst ever, but it really is bloody grim. Shania Twain headlining? Is this a joke? If it was a mainstream pop country festival in Hicksville, USA it would make perfect sense, but Glasto? That booking seems so far off the mark.

But! They’ve also managed to get Steel Pulse. Swings and roundabouts, kind of. Sort of.

DJ SPEN, and SKREAM & BENGA are on though, so it's not all bad.

Given that the target audience for Glasto these days is middle-class white creative industries professionals in their 20s and 30s who just "like music" it's a pretty solid line-up.

I'm looking forward to seeing (on the TV!) Flowerovlove, Fontaines, and The Streets.

Given that the target audience for Glasto these days is middle-class white creative industries professionals in their 20s and 30s who just "like music" it's a pretty solid line-up.

I'm looking forward to seeing (on the TV!) Flowerovlove, Fontaines, and The Streets.
That makes sense. I guess my idea of Glasto is still rooted in 2005.

Not really my thing. 😬

Mine neither, my good man. Festivals were never my thing. Give me a gig in a room of a couple of hundred folk, 1500 max, and I'm a happy chappy. Maybe I'm old now, but I wonder has the time of the great artists gone.

Not a fan of those sorts of gigs either, would only want to see PJ Harvey, Paul Heaton, Keane and The National from that line up.

None of the festivals appeal to me this year, though I'm middle aged and probably not welcome.
For example, why is busted playing the download festival?

Back
Top Bottom