Ganglord Video

I was going to say -- it's Jesse as lead.

It's the Moz solo-equivalent of Johnny teaching Morrissey to play guitar in the HSIN video.

err...actually Morrissey was dancing the part of the woman. His right arm was up to Jesse's left arm. Thus, Jess was being the man.

And who is the striking woman in the video (1:06, 2:19 etc.)? Just a model I suppose? She's not as enigmatic as the girl in the How Soon is Now video, who a million men fell in love with, but she's quite special...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFy_fQvyP_U

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OFy_fQvyP_U&hl=sv_SE&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OFy_fQvyP_U&hl=sv_SE&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Thank you for posting another link Guinea pig.

This is very surreal and from the symbolism of this film . . . am afraid I am becoming increasingly concerned about our wee Morrissey . . .

The truth is - Angels are never extinguished by shadows, they are of golden wings and white light. They are the light that never goes out . . . as Morrissey's love . . .

I love you Morrissey.

IX

And who is the striking woman in the video (1:06, 2:19 etc.)? Just a model I suppose? She's not as enigmatic as the girl in the How Soon is Now video, who a million men fell in love with, but she's quite special...

I thought the same thing. She's very beautiful and ethereal-looking.

Thank you for posting another link Guinea pig.

This is very surreal and from the symbolism of this film . . . am afraid I am becoming increasingly concerned about our wee Morrissey . . .

The truth is - Angels are never extinguished by shadows, they are of golden wings and white light. They are the light that never goes out . . . as Morrissey's love . . .

I love you Morrissey.

IX

See that, people? Troy gets it.

It's a film about the city of Angels; both the stone ones, the human ones, and the pop singer ones.

Notice how the kids mimic the stone angel's stances as well as Morrissey's. One stance in particular is when both the boy and Morrissey place their arms in back of their heads like makeshift wings (1:51-1:53)

King Leer noticed the beautiful young woman. How can you not notice? Everyone has seen her about a million times before.

She's Mary in her grotto. (2:22)

You know what; a film like this is not to everyone's taste. I'll give some brownie points to Morrissey for at least having an open mind in the possibility that promotional video, like pop songs, can be art.

I would be interested to hear the circumstances as to why this video fell by the wasteside.

It's a film about the city of Angels; both the stone ones, the human ones, and the pop singer ones.

Notice how the kids mimic the stone angel's stances as well as Morrissey's. One stance in particular is when both the boy and Morrissey place their arms in back of their heads like makeshift wings (1:51-1:53)

King Leer noticed the beautiful young woman. How can you not notice? Everyone has seen her about a million times before.

You know what; a film like this is not to everyone's taste. I'll give some brownie points to Morrissey for at least having an open mind in the possibility that promotional video, like pop songs, can be art.

I would be interested to hear the circumstances as to why this video fell by the wasteside.

:clap: Beautifully said, mozmic_dancer!

This. And some other stuff too. :p

I'll buy that. Morrissey, Jesse and Solomon (a biblical name at that) as the three wise men, all dressed similarly? Boz would've been much better casting, though!

I thought of this....50 secs in....

[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9c7Emddlcek&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9c7Emddlcek&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

]
i looove this film^ ("beautiful thing") .:love:i get teary eyed at this scene every time
moz got some got dancing skills going on -never thought i see him doing the waltz.:)

i liked the ganglord video. but why exactly was it not released?
for example the costs for the video must be paid.putting it in the bin or not officially releasing it is a waste of money. also doesnt have the artist pay parts of the costs for the videos being made?

and if it were scrapped in the first place (like they did with the hollywood bowl footage)they wouldnt have edited it and sent it to the record company and put it online.so some record company member must have had sent to him/her from the director then.
or has it to do with the fact moz is not universal anymore? but even then a record company are trying to make some cash out of a album if the artist is no longer on it
*or have stopped recording cause the band broke up.*.
*see the stuff they released (the several best ofs ) from the smiths back catalogue in the early 90ties.
as for being released as a single maybe they never want to release it as a single but just as a video for promoting swords.
now my heart is full,picaduilly palare and hold on to your friends even though released as a single didnt got a video either but thsts another story(the other way round)

Last edited:
I'll buy that. Morrissey, Jesse and Solomon (a biblical name at that) as the three wise men, all dressed similarly? Boz would've been much better casting, though!

Boz was in the video. He's dead dude under the WISE tombstone. :p

I thought that was a great observation you made about Moz and Jesse waltzing as being the equivalent of Marr teaching Morrissey the guitar in the HSIN video.

I don't know why Boz didnt' participate in this. I do know that some people do get the creeps about being in a cemetery.

Last edited:
I thought of this....50 secs in....

[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9c7Emddlcek&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9c7Emddlcek&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

This is awesome, what movie is it from?

The dream of that girl jumping rope in the background is that soul mates have a chance to find each other regardless of the body the soul is trapped in. Morrissey gets this and makes a nod to it in this video. I'm not implying Jesse is his soulmate, but Morrissey dances in support of this ideal. I think.

I thought that was a great observation you made about Moz and Jesse waltzing as being the equivilient of Marr teaching Morrissey the guitar in the HSIN video.

I don't know why Boz didnt' participate in this. I do know that some people do get the creeps about being in a cemetery.

The fact that only Jesse & Soloman were there makes me wonder when this was filmed. It seems entirely possible that it was filmed at some arbitrary point and they were simply the only two in LA at the time. It obviously wasn't filmed during the Ringleader era so I guess the video was intended to promote Swords?

marr teaching moz how to play guitar in the hsin video is the most adorable thing ever. wait, i take that back, the girl in the hsin video is the most adorable thing ever.

Back
Top Bottom