Don't you just have the need to listen to Morrissey when you are upset?

W_Dan

He's got such a lovely and extraordinary way of transmiting exactly what I feel. Aren't his songs like an 'unconditional friend'? as in, his music is always with you when you need it/he knows how you feel/shares his pain with you.

Re: Don't you just have the need to listen to Moz when you are upset?

YES,
he is my constant companion, and i always turn to him when stressed or upset ( i listen to him a lot anyway when 'happy') I find him to be a calming, comforting influence..
VIVA MORRISSEY

I don't really find myself doing this. Morrissey is definitely good at sharing many emotions but honestly, he's pretty short on solutions. I don't believe that comiseration is the answer to anything.

I definitely can relate to a lot of what he sings about but I don't find it something I lean on when I'm upset.

Last night I was feeling ok, was listening to Morrissey, Late night, maudlin street came on which I love and within about 2 minutes I was crying, totally gone, so I put it off. The bf said jesus thats sad, no wonder your crying listening to that moaning droaning **** :rolleyes:

LOL, i get that too, when most of hsi music bolsters me up and even if it is a bit mournful it makes me feel happy,
then again moz could read his grocery shopping list to me and i'd be happy..:D:rolleyes:

All the time! Morrissey always makes me feel better and his songs are so comforting. when I am upset or feeling down and depressed his songs may make me cry (a little) but that's exactly what I want because I feel better after.

Yeah, he's like a warm blanket, or petting a kitten. Actually like a fusion of both.
Yes, he's as comforting as a basket of warm blankets with a pile of kittens sleeping on top. :sweet:

He's also a big help when I'm feeling anxious. Without overanalyzing it, I think probably when I'm upset or worried it helps me to commiserate, and also to think of how happy it makes me to go see him. It's not all about sharing your depression, b/c I feel nothing but joy to watch Moz onstage doing what makes him happy.

He's got such a lovely and extraordinary way of transmiting exactly what I feel. Aren't his songs like an 'unconditional friend'? as in, his music is always with you when you need it/he knows how you feel/shares his pain with you.

I feel exactly the same - :guitar:

I have a radio in the bathroom and always play music while in the shower. I enjoy putting my ipod on shuffle of all Morrissey or Smiths songs. This is dangerous. One minute I was singing along to Vicar in a Tutu, then crying like a baby when Asleep came on. To be fair someone very close to me is very sick right now :tears:

Yes, he's as comforting as a basket of warm blankets with a pile of kittens sleeping on top. :sweet:

He's also a big help when I'm feeling anxious. Without overanalyzing it, I think probably when I'm upset or worried it helps me to commiserate, and also to think of how happy it makes me to go see him. It's not all about sharing your depression, b/c I feel nothing but joy to watch Moz onstage doing what makes him happy.

agreed. :cool:

I listen to the wonderful Morrissey and The Smiths when I'm happy, sad or love sick! I listen to his music everyday!!!! There are different songs that I listen to all depending on my general mood.

Yes, I do.... I always feel so much better.... even if a song makes me cry I still feel better in a happy/sad sort of way.....

I enjoy putting my ipod on shuffle of all Morrissey or Smiths songs. This is dangerous. One minute I was singing along to Vicar in a Tutu, then crying like a baby when Asleep came on. To be fair someone very close to me is very sick right now :tears:
This is why I can't have Morrissey on my mp3 player, I'll get to emotional on the bus, at the gym. It isn't wise to listen while your out.

When I am upset, the need to hear Him becomes a physical ache...when I am finally able to wrap his voice around me it is a blessed relief. He's remarkable. Ahhhhh Mozzer, where would we be without you??

When I am upset, the need to hear Him becomes a physical ache...when I am finally able to wrap his voice around me it is a blessed relief. He's remarkable. Ahhhhh Mozzer, where would we be without you??

Aww bless you,
thats how it feels for me too :)

It's nice to be amongst people who "get" it. A friend of mine said to me the other day "what is it about him? you're obsessed!" unfortunately said friend is a fan of Westlife; how would he ever understand? :rolleyes:

you are friends with this person why?
LOL,
I know EXACTLY what you mean, and ive given up trying to explain to those who dont get it, either they'll get it straight away or they'll remain in the 'don't get it club',
these days im very happy for others to remain in that club. :D

Back
Top Bottom