Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Wtf?

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • I don't know

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters
What's there not to love? I ADORE him. One of the most important people in my life.

voted 'other', because I don't like to use the word 'love'
(except I love blueberries (the fruit))

I cherish him to bits. Thinking of him makes me usually smile. He/his wellbeing are very important to me. His voice, lyrics, music, tastes, what he said in interviews, his delicious face and body - what is not to cherish? Probably his archaic wrath, which could be a role-model for any g'd who is into smiting :p

Why?

I have some family members that are really awful people. I don't love them even a little bit. Morrissey, on the other hand, has enhanced my life so profoundly that I can't think of any other word for what it is that I feel for him.

There's really no need to play by all the rules.

Exactly!!!:thumb:

I would like to be given the opportunity to love him. I spend an inordinate amount of time listening to him and thinking about him. It's probably just a crush.

Wow. There are even more nutters on this site than I thought.

Yes, I love Morrissey - more than I can express in words. He keeps me alive, basically. He's proof that there's someone out there who I can trust to understand - even if I can't directly speak to him. He speaks to me everyday through his music. I don't feel so alone in this world knowing he is apart of it. Maybe I sound crazy, but...there it is. :blushing:

You're not crazy, you just have a dearest friend who you've never really met..:guitar:

Hes my favourite artist. I love his work and his humour etc but i'm not in love?? Although if he had a sex change!!:horny:

Ah, John... mind like a sewer, memory like a goldfish. :D

As for me, I haven't decided how to vote/formulate an answer for my own question yet. Give me time...:o

Thanks I want that to be written in my obituary..:lbf:

You're not crazy, you just have a dearest friend who you've never really met..:guitar:

That is the perfect way to describe how I feel about him actually.

To expand, I will make a list, then a conclusion, otherwise it will turn into an essay, and God knows I've done enough of those this week. :rolleyes:

1. I love his music. Obviously.
2. His lyrics have helped me and enhanced my life enormously. He vocalises emotions that I have felt for a long long time but often not been able to express, and for that I will be forever grateful.
3. I admire his individuality, intelligence and strong values. I also think he's tremendously funny and that his wit is greatly underrated by the vast majority.
4. Because of the emotional connection I've invested in the songs and him as a public figure over the last year, I really do worry about his health/happiness/general wellbeing sometimes.
5. And, last but not least, he is frinky as hell. :blushing:*

*(Although in terms of importance as to how I feel about him that's obviously way behind everything else- the music, his personality etc. )

So, to summarise, I do love Morrissey. Not in a crackpot I-devote-my-whole-life-to-him kind of way, but (as ChristianDior said above) as if he were a very dear friend, just one that I've never met. :D

"No it's not like any other love, this one is different..."

Last edited:
That is the perfect way to describe how I feel about him actually.

To expand, I will make a list, then a conclusion, otherwise it will turn into an essay, and God knows I've done enough of those this week. :rolleyes:

1. I love his music. Obviously.
2. His lyrics have helped me and enhanced my life enormously. He vocalises emotions that I have felt for a long long time but often not been able to express, and for that I will be forever grateful.
3. I admire his individuality, intelligence and strong values. I also think he's tremendously funny and that his wit is greatly underrated by the vast majority.
4. Because of the emotional connection I've invested in the songs and him as a public figure over the last year, I really do worry about his health/happiness/general wellbeing sometimes.
5. And, last but not least, he is frinky as hell. :blushing:

So, to summarise, I do love Morrissey. Not in a crackpot I-devote-my-whole-life-to-him kind of way, but (as ChristianDior said above) as if he were a very dear friend, just one that I've never met. :D

"No it's not like any other love, this one is different..."

D'you mind if I include myself in this? I feel the same way. Although... I probaly am a crackpot sometimes...
But this is essentially what I feel.

Thanks. :) How nice it feels to see that there actually are people on here who care for him like I do. Not all whingebags... :thumb:

:thumb: No problem. I think there are a lot of people on here who feel the same way, but the minority who love to bash him seem to be especially vocal recently.

It's strange how someone can attract your attention and affect your life so quickly. I began listening to The Smiths in late 2008, and Morrissey's solo work only last April, but I've been completely hooked and fascinated ever since.

:thumb: No problem. I think there are a lot of people on here who feel the same way, but the minority who love to bash him seem to be especially vocal recently.

It's strange how someone can attract your attention and affect your life so quickly. I began listening to The Smiths in late 2008, and Morrissey's solo work only last April, but I've been completely hooked and fascinated ever since.

Oh my, you are a new fan then. Congrats! :)

Yes, they are terribly vocal. How sad.

Tags
love
Back
Top Bottom