Brit Pop News: Maynard James Keenan of Tool describes Morrissey encounter in concert (December 17, 2023)

???

Last edited by a moderator:
Somebody must really have Morrissey on the brain to come up with that mess.
It gives extra reason why I have never been a listener of Tool or even know one of their pieces of noise.

Somebody must really have Morrissey on the brain to come up with that mess.
It gives extra reason why I have never been a listener of Tool or even know one of their pieces of noise.

Lyrics to this Tool song are almost as good as Kerouac’s Crack.

Seriously though, massive Tool and Morrissey fan here. You can’t go wrong with this song.

Angels on the sideline
Puzzled and amused
Why did Father give these humans free will?
Now they're all confused

Don't these talking monkeys know that
Eden has enough to go around?
Plenty in this holy garden, silly monkeys
Where there's one, you're bound to divide it
Right in two

Angels on the sideline
Baffled and confused
Father blessed them all with reason
And this is what they choose?

Monkey killing, monkey killing, monkey over
Pieces of the ground
Silly monkeys
Give them thumbs, they forge a blade
And where there's one, they're bound to divide it
Right in two
Right in two

Monkey killing, monkey killing monkey over
Pieces of the ground
Silly monkeys
Give them thumbs, they make a club
To beat their brother down

How they've survived so misguided is a mystery
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability
To lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here

Gotta divide it all right in two

Fight till they die over sun, over sky
They fight till they die over sea, over air
They fight till they die over blood, over love
They fight till they die over words, polarizing

Angels on the sideline again
Benched along with patience and reason
Angels on the sideline again
Wondering where this tug of war will end

Right in two
Right in two

That is some AI piece of sh*t writing. Have no clue that the story is even about.

Is this even newsworthy? Some guy who obviously doesn't like him making up not a not even funny story? Pretty lame

Is this even newsworthy? Some guy who obviously doesn't like him making up not a not even funny story? Pretty lame
Indeed. Whoever "wrote" that BritPopNews "article" is a fine journalist, "In the absence of corroborating evidence or statements from Morrissey, the tale remains shrouded in the enigmatic allure..." if only he'd listened to the clip in its entirety... "by the way, I made that story up about Morrissey... it's not true".

only thing brutal is the music this guy makes,tool by name tool by nature.

As if someone as classy as Morrissey would ever let himself be approached by such a talentless nobody who looks like a looser and speaks like an utter piece of trash. Stupid disgusting story, straight out of a hateful mind... 🙄

Indeed. Whoever "wrote" that BritPopNews "article" is a fine journalist, "In the absence of corroborating evidence or statements from Morrissey, the tale remains shrouded in the enigmatic allure..." if only he'd listened to the clip in its entirety... "by the way, I made that story up about Morrissey... it's not true".
Yes, that lame story came out of the mind of this ridiculous Tool singer, and the author of the article doesn't even bother to mention it, as if anybody would be dumb enough to only begin to believe it. Plus the way he tells this ugly fake story on stage is full of insults, making the whole thing totally defamatory and useless.
I really hope the 2 unreleased albums will soon come out to relieve us from this ambient crap.

Juvenile knuckle-dragging Americans. Morrissey certainly has his flaws, but there's nothing remotely impressive about this sort of locker-room tough-guy talk, which always has that philistine stink of Puritanism about it. I've never really got round to listening to Tool, but it looks like I can safely cross that off my to-do list.

Last edited:
For all the things Morrissey has said about other musicians and pop stars that you laughed at.. some of you sure are touchy when the words fly in the other direction.

I laughed when Morrissey wanted the head of Elton John on a platter. I laughed when he said Madonna was basically legalized prostitution. I laughed when Maynard said Morrissey was born out of Elvis' ass.

You CAN in fact have both.

I’d laugh, but I’d need to understand it first. I speak English. Anyone care to translate?

The album "10,000 Days" is fantastic, and was superb live in Manchester. 🤘
Ænima is one of the greatest albums ever made. I like 10,000 Day a lot and Undertow has a lot of good stuff on it. I'm glad you got to see them live.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom