Bona Drag reissue 4th Oct, remastered & extra tracks

Re: Bona Drag reissue, remastered, extra tracks

Bona Drag tour! Come on Moz, when is Rourke and Gannon joining? My favourite comp and a tour needs to be done!

Last edited by a moderator:

thats fantastic bona drag reissue with extra tracks.only 67 days away from being 20 again i cant wait :)

Problem is....we all have the tracks! I do anyway mwhahaha!

This will not be the last time he asks us to re-buy "Bona Drag", either.

I'm guessing we will all have bought and re-bought each album, Smiths and solo, about four or five times by the time we die. How wonderful to contemplate! :squiffy:

Oh, isn't this the "Morrissey Morbid T-Shirt" thread? :)

please say there is a tour in the works!!!

if there is a moz tour would anyone want to buy my belle & sebastian ticket for LA?

This will not be the last time he asks us to re-buy "Bona Drag", either.

I'm guessing we will all have bought and re-bought each album, Smiths and solo, about four or five times by the time we die. How wonderful to contemplate! :squiffy:

Oh, isn't this the "Morrissey Morbid T-Shirt" thread? :)

I haven't, why would you want to buy it again? :confused:

Sorry but am I in a minority of one here? Without wishing to "dial-a-cliche" how f***ing gullible are the hardcore Morrissey audience?

Bona Drag was perfect. In 1990. Why meddle with it? More money? Unhappy with the artwork? (which was brilliant) More shameless sel-promotion ahead of the inevitable autobiography and global tour?

Sorry why such revisionism? Hooray for the extra tracks I guess but 4 or 5 releases in the last 2 years that are futile. The planet is dying and the music industry is on it's last legs....but you can always rely on a cheap repackage from His Master's Voice.

And who is going to buy this? Thats Swords chart placing will look positively beatific in comparison.

Sad news how a once great artist continues to bleed as much money as possible from the remnants of a once great career.

And you can still buy the old Bona Drag for £3 in HMV btw

I haven't, why would you want to buy it again? :confused:

I've always disliked the color job on Morrissey's shirt. I'm so pleased it will go back to its proper black. Really that was the only blemish on an otherwise fantastic release, and I'm thrilled this tragedy has been rectified. One day I hope he'll reissue "The Queen Is Dead" with Elizabeth on the cover. Couldn't get the rights to her image, I suppose, but Alain Delon? That was a head-scratcher, eh?

Also, the spesh edish'll be on 180g vinyl! Which, I'm pretty certain, has a higher 'g'-factor than my old EMI vinyl. Me, I like heavier albums. There's a...heavier...sound. These days I won't truck with anything less than 180g. Now let's get on with the 6.1 Blu-Ray edition just in time for the next generation of home audio-video components to come out. "Hulmerist" in 3-D? Please God make it happen.

Last edited:

I bet the exiting news coming up in the next month is a new record deal. Thats it.

Seriously if it was this possible boxset rumour that was doing the rounds then that would be more acceptable than this shoddy re-release. With tracks that weren't deemed good enough in the early 90s but are now deemed worthy of an official release?

Wonder if the Rick Astley photo will make the booklet. I wait with no bated breath at all.

Then, you should know, that the album has already been issued as a 180g vinyl in '95. Smartass.

Sad news how a once great artist continues to bleed as much money as possible from the remnants of a once great career.

Oh shush. He's doing something.

Now regarding the selection of tracks:

- "Happy Lovers At Last United"
(Outtake from "Sunday" sessions)

- "Lifeguard On Duty"
(Outtake from Viva Hate sessions)

- "Please Help The Cause Against Loneliness" (demo)
(Outtake from Viva Hate, previously covered by Sandie Shaw)

- "Oh Phoney"
(Outtake from Bona Drag sessions)

- "The Bed Took Fire" (early version of "At Amber")

- "Let The Right One Slip In" (alternate long mix)

:SOS: and :nervous:

Hysterical.

If they were gonna release Hulmerist again, it better bloody have the whole Wolverhampton 88 gig instead of one song! I listened to all those extra tracks on Bona Drag 2 fecken years ago! It's crap!
Edit: my point proven above the post, we've listened to them already, Moz! What else have you got?

Tags
bona drag
Back
Top Bottom