Best cover version by non-professionals 2009: Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kewpie

Subscriber
Hi everyone, I'm aware of the following people posted their efforts:

vauxhallish

Franissey

Uncleskinny

oh, phoney

Lawrence

Dan Shears (many thanks to Uncleskinny who posted youtube link)

Are there some more?

I'm planning to post the second annual poll, if your effort hasn't been recognised yet, please give us the second chance!

Thank you very much for your help and contributions. :)

Soon I'll be in that list. :) I'm working on covers at this very moment.

Great.. it's really funny. Who played the guitar? You? or did you use any program to make sounds?

I played the guitar and bass. The drums are a drum machine, and nowhere NEAR as loud enough in the mix as I would want them to be; same with the vocals, at times. Can't blame me, I wasn't the one at the mixing console. :o

:lbf:
Well it's not really meant to be funny, I think. But if it is, then oh well. At least someone is getting pleasure out of my failure :D

I played the guitar and bass. The drums are a drum machine, and nowhere NEAR as loud enough in the mix as I would want them to be; same with the vocals, at times. Can't blame me, I wasn't the one at the mixing console. :o

:lbf:
Well it's not really meant to be funny, I think. But if it is, then oh well. At least someone is getting pleasure out of my failure :D

Noo I loved your video. You've featured yourself very well and you've played the guitar and bass very well too. I haven't seen better than your version before. You've made something rash and different. When I have said your video was funny I didn't mean it was a joke I meant you have made a nice video and not a video with someone sat on chairs playing acustic guitars.

:rolleyes:

I'm afraid I'm not include Martha and Gavin because the annual poll is not about best karaoke performance.

oh, I have a few, Ill post one or two in the evening

Excellent!

We need some more serious entries.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, the deadline is Wednesday 16th December.

If you can't make it, don't worry I'll add your effort in 2010 poll.

Last edited:
Well if I can't vote for Gavin and Martha...:rolleyes:

This kid isn't bad

Oooh, yes, this one was one of my favorites. Lovely voice, this lad has.

Noo I loved your video. You've featured yourself very well and you've played the guitar and bass very well too. I haven't seen better than your version before. You've made something rash and different. When I have said your video was funny I didn't mean it was a joke I meant you have made a nice video and not a video with someone sat on chairs playing acustic guitars.

Very kind of you :blushing:
I actually completed this in school last year. Being very bored leads to things like this. I never like to just sit down and play guitar like a normal person :D Against my better wishes, a technology teacher of mine asked to do the mixing on the studio track. I wish the sound would have come out a little better, but it's a fun song to play and it was really just to kill some time toward the end of the school year :guitar:

Last edited by a moderator:
Very kind of you :blushing:
I actually completed this in school last year. Being very bored leads to things like this. I never like to just sit down and play guitar like a normal person :D Against my better wishes, a technology teacher of mine asked to do the mixing on the studio track. I wish the sound would have come out a little better, but it's a fun song to play and it was really just to kill some time toward the end of the school year :guitar:

Don't worry about sound. You've made it "at home" - you're not an engineer - and sound is great. In my house it wouldn't better. Your way of dancing is great and nice you seemed really overwhelmed into the song. And the bass line is wonderful...

We have a couple of covers up here. Only just whipped this up because I changed the name tonight. Apologies for the awful quality, we're poor and lazy.
Definetly doesn't come close to some of the above efforts.
www.myspace.com/thekamerads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom