Back cover of Swords

saw76

Has anyone noticed that on the back cover of Swords Morrissey is wearing two watches, one on either wrist? Does anyone have any idea why this is or has anyone else even spotted it and is currently reflecting on this enigmatic statement regarding time? It isn't exactly the kind of thing one does accidentally.

No idea, but I do know that Diego Maradona (surely a spiritual soulmate of Morrissey's if ever there was one!) wears two watches; one corresponding to the time of wherever he happens to be in the world, and the other permanently set to the time in Buenos Aires.

Perhaps Moz has a similar system? Maybe he always likes to know what the time is in the UK.

He's a strange one that Moz.

He has been sporting two watches for some time now. You can see it on the Wrestle With Russell interview from YOR as well.

God knows if it's supposed to be a statement on time or something else - personally I think it's just another of his increasing eccentricities.

I've mentioned this before ( 'scuse me if I'm a bore...) but he also wears a third watch....just in case he ever goes in the "Rovers" and Bet lynch asks "Have you got the time on yer, cock ?)....well, I think it's funny....sue me!!!

No idea, but I do know that Diego Maradona (surely a spiritual soulmate of Morrissey's if ever there was one!) wears two watches; one corresponding to the time of wherever he happens to be in the world, and the other permanently set to the time in Buenos Aires.

Perhaps Moz has a similar system? Maybe he always likes to know what the time is in the UK.

Maradona is not a good reference for anything, I guess.
But I think you're right. On watch he sees the time where he lives and the other he sees the time where he is.

I've mentioned this before ( 'scuse me if I'm a bore...) but he also wears a third watch....just in case he ever goes in the "Rovers" and Bet lynch asks "Have you got the time on yer, cock ?)....well, I think it's funny....sue me!!!
God help me, I tittered at that!

Has anyone noticed that on the back cover of Swords Morrissey is wearing two watches, one on either wrist? Does anyone have any idea why this is or has anyone else even spotted it and is currently reflecting on this enigmatic statement regarding time? It isn't exactly the kind of thing one does accidentally.

He is copying DEVO.

50thbirthday-1.jpg

He did it at his birthday party too. :sweet: Although instead of holding a baby, he held a bottle of vino. :love:

that is his birthday party?

anyway, that looks like a black watch to match his clothes and a silver watch to match his necklace. He should dress like that sometimes. I like the Levis best, and glad he's not wearing suits. I hate suits. But this ensemble looks fun and sporty.

that is his birthday party?

anyway, that looks like a black watch to match his clothes and a silver watch to match his necklace. He should dress like that sometimes. I like the Levis best, and glad he's not wearing suits. I hate suits. But this ensemble looks fun and sporty.

I dunno. I wasn't there. I just remember him thinking, "I want to go home now please." around 4:00pm PST. :rolleyes:

I just got my old watch back from the repair shop so arm currently sporting one on each wrist to see what it feels like.

It's rubbish.

Back
Top Bottom