"Autobiography" by Morrissey - Oct 17, 2013; press release

• Thread starter Justin Playfair
  • Start date
Re: Autobiography by Morrissey - Oct 17th

Awesome! The title "Morrissey, Autobiography" is pretty unimaginative though. Wish it had a better title.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: "Autobiography" by Morrissey - Oct 17, 2013; press release

Well I would have thought the books would have been dispatched by amazon by now.

I'm glad there's been no reviews, I don't want to know what's in it before I've read it myself, although obviously if he comes clean about his 'personal' life that will be all over the news and unavoidable.

I'm glad there's been no reviews, I don't want to know what's in it before I've read it myself, although obviously if he comes clean about his 'personal' life that will be all over the news and unavoidable.

I really doubt he's going to tell us anything major that he hasn't already been said.

You can't see me,but, I have my hand on my hip with a slighly irritated look on my face mumbling "very funny".

-Anon

To the people bitching about the book not being available in hardcover, there's a logic to this. After the buzz has died down, almost 80% of hardcover books (by my estimation) go on what's called "The Remainder List" and are drastically marked down and put in the sale section. Remainders are marked with a black slash on the bottom of the pages so that every owner of that particular book knows it was reduced to "get-rid-of-it" prices. They generally don't remainder tradepaper's, they "pulp" them. So by not releasing the book in hardcover, Morrissey's image is never marketed in the bargain bin.

I really doubt he's going to tell us anything major that he hasn't already been said.

I agree, though will be happy to be proved wrong. I really can't see him telling us anything definite about his sexuality for example (even though EVERYONE knows already).

Small spoiler below. Highlight to read:

Tweets from someone who applied for a job at a bookstore and flipped through a copy (!?!)

@greenawaysteven: @JulieHamill went back in. Spoke to manager. Looked through open copy. No chapter headings. No chapters! Black and white photos placed ...

@greenawaysteven: @JulieHamill @Mozarmyquiz ..text. The back is the blurb from amazon. It looks great. Stripped down and bare. Had to apply for job to get

And that's enough for me. I'm an AmonymClassic already.[/QUOTE]
Forgive me if I have intruded, the post from a week ago caused tears to well up.... I apologize for intruding, I shouldn't have, you really are a sweet man, I re-read one of your posts and realized something...didn't mean to take up your time.

Haven't got my copy yet RB.....I simply found that online. I ordered a copy but even with expedited shipping, it doesn't arrive until next week if I recall. That shot must be from somewhere overseas.

This must be a mock-up but I like this pic better
Screen shot 2013-10-15 at 9.15.48 PM.png

Haven't got my copy yet RB.....I simply found that online. I ordered a copy but even with expedited shipping, it doesn't arrive until next week if I recall. That shot must be from somewhere overseas.

This must be a mock-up but I like this pic better
View attachment 16420

Ah, I thought it was a cell pic. Wrong thread. :lbf:

Glad you posted it anyhow. The book looks nice. That mock-up is cool.

My copy won't arrive for at least a week as well. :(

Has anyone else noticed that Amazon have slashed the price of Autobiography from £8.99 to £5.99?

Is that normal to do that before the release
date?

Just had an hour with the book on my lunch , there's some nice family pics and its quite poetic .. Doesn't seem to be any big reveal on relationships but its eluded to .. Court case has a big chunk in the middle .. All in all it seems to be what we would expect ... Other than that you will have to find out for yourself

Just had an hour with the book on my lunch , there's some nice family pics and its quite poetic .. Doesn't seem to be any big reveal on relationships but its eluded to .. Court case has a big chunk in the middle .. All in all it seems to be what we would expect ... Other than that you will have to find out for yourself

Or not...I think you've just eradicated any mistaken interest I might have had... Good luck with surviving the court case, readers...:)

Back
Top Bottom