Another gay debate

Gaylord Deepstar

Hell is empty, and all the devils are here.
Subscriber
tom cullen love GIF

The Smiths will always be the gayest band ever. If you don’t understand that, you just don’t get them. And you never will.

tom cullen love GIF

The Smiths will always be the gayest band ever. If you don’t understand that, you just don’t get them. And you never will.
and yet none of them are gay.i would say camp rather than gay because their was a vulgar and silliness to their style and imagery.

“and yet none of them are gay”

Have you seen Morrissey?!
Don't. Some of the men here are very fragile and can't possibly handle one of the most queer bands being queer. Case in point: their responses to your comments about The Smiths and Morrissey being rather queer (which I happen to love).

It's pretty undeniable. Morrissey has had male (and female) lovers; the artwork of the Smiths was very queer and camp; Morrissey's expression, both in the way he presents and writes lyrics has been very queer and camp (and sometimes attempted to be hypermasculine, like his boxing phase of the mid-90s, which managed to be very camp as well); the way he put queer figures on a pedestal throughout his career. Plus, much of the criticism of the Smiths and Morrissey over the years has been laden with homophobia due to the way they presented.

I think it's great, and I'd never deny it. As a straight man, The Smiths and Morrissey helped me see sexuality and masculinity through a different lens, and shaped my own masculinity. Wonderful stuff.

Not one man has ever come forward to talk about being intimate with Morrissey. Are all his previous "gay" lovers really good at keeping secrets? I find that hard to believe. There never was one.
There never was one? Jake Walters was Morrissey’s gay lover for two years.

Morrissey writes in Autobiography that his time with Walters saw “the first time in my life the eternal ‘I’ becomes ‘we’, as, finally, I can get on with someone”.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Not one man has ever come forward to talk about being intimate with Morrissey. Are all his previous "gay" lovers really good at keeping secrets? I find that hard to believe. There never was one.
Absurd beyond belief. Morrissey might have dodged typical labels but he has been open since 1983 about liking both genders. To deny something that has been a huge part of his identity, songs, aesthetic, etc is staggering. Just... why would you do that, if you're a fan? Surely you realise that even if Morrissey had no partners and was the Kenneth Williams of pop due to complex inner conflict, that wouldn't actually make him any less gay or bisexual? Christ.

Absurd beyond belief. Morrissey might have dodged typical labels but he has been open since 1983 about liking both genders. To deny something that has been a huge part of his identity, songs, aesthetic, etc is staggering. Just... why would you do that, if you're a fan? Surely you realise that even if Morrissey had no partners and was the Kenneth Williams of pop due to complex inner conflict, that wouldn't actually make him any less gay or bisexual? Christ.
leave christ out of it,you will be saying he was gay as well.
why is it so important to the gay community to get M as one of their own,iv never seen a straight person on here write i think M is heterosexual.

leave christ out of it,you will be saying he was gay as well.
why is it so important to the gay community to get M as one of their own,iv never seen a straight person on here write i think M is heterosexual.
Nobody is claiming anybody, they're just listening to what Morrissey himself has said and sung over 40 years, rather than inventing a different reality. Your post is too stupid for words.

Last edited:
Last edited:
the guardian wrote,morrissey has come out as not straight,gay,or bisexual but humasexual.

It makes him bisexual not "greedy", do you live in 1972?
it was a joke by larry david in curb your enthusiasm,dont think you watch much comedy.

Back
Top Bottom