America, I do love you!

Yeah, that's Kim and Thurston from Sonic Youth.

KIM...thats it! its been a long time since i listen to sonic youth, one of my favorite LPs is Daydream Nation. I think I saw them about 3 times in the early 90s.

George A Romero deserves the :guitar:

I heard they remaking The Crazies.

I've only got Last Exit from Brooklyn, which of the others would you recommend?

same here:o i am a very lazy reader...but i've told to read Requiem for a Dream.

Downy you have excellent taste. :)

wot about mine:o:p i put divine on the 1st pg:guitar:

:)

It would be quite easy to fill 100 pages just with great Jewish Americans or great African Americans let alone any American things. The only challenge is bothering to find the pictures.

Charles_Bukowski_1179083278051369.jpg

sagan_uc.gif

americansplendor1c.jpg

More American authors and their books (that i like) & should be mentioned on this thread:

Edmond white: A Boys Own Story
Ray Bradbury : Fahrenheit 451 & The Illustrated Man
Richard Matherson: I am Legend
Richard Price: The Wanderers
Bret Easton Ellis: American Psycho

Last edited:
KIM...thats it! its been a long time since i listen to sonic youth, one of my favorite LPs is Daydream Nation. I think I saw them about 3 times in the early 90s.

I prefer Goo, but yeah they rock.

I heard they remaking The Crazies.

The director's only previous experience is TV Movies so I wouldn't get your hopes up :(

Though to be fair Romero's latest films have been pretty crap aswell.

same here:o i am a very lazy reader...but i've told to read Requiem for a Dream.

The film is great certainly.

Yeah, that's Kim and Thurston from Sonic Youth.

I'm pretty sure that's Thurston from Sonic Youth with Detroit artist / singer/ my personal hero Niagara (See my avatar and photo album). Though Niagara and Kim do look a lot alike.

Sonic Youth were fans of Niagara's band with the late Ron Asheton, Destroy All Monsters. Thurston released all their old recordings on a special compilation some time ago.

I just love her art - it has such humor and style. It's all hand painted. And she's also a wonderful, pithy writer. She has said in interviews that her inspirations range from Oscar Wilde to art deco to the gun toting dames in old movies.

A great American artist!

niagara_woman.jpg

:sweet:

Click here for a great (HUGE) interview:

p6.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's Thurston from Sonic Youth with Detroit artist / singer/ my personal hero Niagara (See my avatar and photo album). Though Niagara and Kim do look a lot alike.

Sonic Youth were fans of Niagara's band with the late Ron Asheton, Destroy All Monsters. Thurston released all their old recordings on a special compilation some time ago.

I just love her art - it has such humor and style. It's all hand painted. And she's also a wonderful, pithy writer. She has said in interviews that her inspirations range from Oscar Wilde to art deco to the gun toting dames in old movies.

A great American artist!

niagara_woman.jpg

:sweet:

Click here for a great (HUGE) interview:

p6.jpg

My googling skills suck :D

I am pretty satisfied by the place myself.

Tags
ass kissing thread brown nose dave matthews band drink and be thrilled go army! good healthcare james dean = american god sean penn = traitor sean penn=hotttt spiderman team robby water pressure
Back
Top Bottom