Album completely finished? Tobias Instagram suggests so...

There was a time you knew when an album was due for release as it was listed in the months building up to it - to encourage sales. I can't see how the current behaviour around recording / social media and semi-secrecy does anything to help spark interest in anything except guess work & misinformation.
Regards,
FWD.

Yes -- "there was a time." It seems pretty clear that they are going for the new "surprise drop" marketing strategy with the new album. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised to wake up one day with the album out and the tour announced. All the evidence points to that. Whether these leaks are intentional or not, only the truly hard core fans are noticing, and trying to spark interest in advance is a wasted effort these days.

Marketing has changed. In the age of streaming, what good does it do to get a lot of press about an album that might come out in a month or two? People will forget about it and lose interest before it's even out. Why not just go for the "Moz has a new album out, and it's brilliant -- listen now on Spotify!" strategy? That seems to be what they're doing, and at least for other artists, it's been a very effective strategy.

Don't get too worked up. Everybody knows that due to Morrissey's notorious penny-pinching, he has a day job as a jukebox repairman.
11 weeks to get the record carousel working again seems excessive though.

(I never said he was a good jukebox repairman.)

Don't get too worked up. Everybody knows that due to Morrissey's notorious penny-pinching, he has a day job as a jukebox repairman.
11 weeks to get the record carousel working again seems excessive though.

(I never said he was a good jukebox repairman.)

What's a jukebox

Yes -- "there was a time." It seems pretty clear that they are going for the new "surprise drop" marketing strategy with the new album. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised to wake up one day with the album out and the tour announced. All the evidence points to that. Whether these leaks are intentional or not, only the truly hard core fans are noticing, and trying to spark interest in advance is a wasted effort these days.

Marketing has changed. In the age of streaming, what good does it do to get a lot of press about an album that might come out in a month or two? People will forget about it and lose interest before it's even out. Why not just go for the "Moz has a new album out, and it's brilliant -- listen now on Spotify!" strategy? That seems to be what they're doing, and at least for other artists, it's been a very effective strategy.

I've thought the same thing.

'marketing' has changed SO much since WPINYP. OK if you say so.
Moz is waiting to announce his next 8 date tour to coincide with the album. Double OK.

'marketing' has changed SO much since WPINYP. OK if you say so.
Moz is waiting to announce his next 8 date tour to coincide with the album. Double OK.

Why yes, it has, anonymous.

Attachments

• bii_spotifyusers_6_10_15.png
    bii_spotifyusers_6_10_15.png
    274.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
"back to LA" bull ox m8! it should say "back to Swizzerland, Itsanbull, or Pourtogul"...America is not the world!....warm Malibu summer days outdoors...bla bla bla

Back
Top Bottom