Morrissey Central "A RUSH AND A PUSH AND THE MUSIC IS OURS" (April 19, 2024)

c4409c14d2e0c1a75462b212cf1845a1d9b6d4d9.jpg

Morrissey has paid the exit fee to Capitol Records in order to return both WORLD PEACE IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS and BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS albums back to him.
"It's been a long, hard, bloody war. Few would make it out alive, and … I'm no exception," he has commented.
Morrissey remains unsigned.

1B2BFCEC-20AA-4738-B5DC-F134BF1C8207.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Miley's label blocked the release, their hands were tied. So, he was given the option of replacing/removing the vocals or give back his fee. What could they have done differently?
Exactly. So what now?.

No "indie" label would have the clout to release the original recording without the consent of Columbia.

Maybe he will rerecord it with Dana Gillespie on backing vocals.

Good news I guess but the main problem remains.
He's expecting a deal that an artist whose albums sell 50,000-100,000 would be offered (as was the case for him for virtually his entire post Smiths output).
If there remains practically zero support from radio for his new songs (as has been the case since 2019), he will struggle to sell 10,000.

Good news I guess but the main problem remains.
He's expecting a deal that an artist whose albums sell 50,000-100,000 would be offered (as was the case for him for virtually his entire post Smiths output).
If there remains practically zero support from radio for his new songs (as has been the case since 2019), he will struggle to sell 10,000.
Fair comment. It’s not about the wireless
Nowadays tho…..
He needs his face all over TV .
Interviews, ECT.

His quotes are always so damn dramatic!

His life is opera don't you know.

Opera indeed.

This is amazing news and I'll be drinking to this tonight. That this is one step closer to me hearing the studio cut of Saint In A Stained Glass Window.... I can't help feel a bit giddy.

After all of this drama, it makes a conventional smooth sailing release seem a lot less fun. Maybe I'm just a masochist.

I suppose it's a case of I Want The One I Can't Have....

His life is opera don't you know.

Opera indeed.

This is amazing news and I'll be drinking to this tonight. That this is one step closer to me hearing the studio cut of Saint In A Stained Glass Window.... I can't help feel a bit giddy.

After all of this drama, it makes a conventional smooth sailing release seem a lot less fun. Maybe I'm just a masochist.

I suppose it's a case of I Want The One I Can't Have....
Everyone here is a masochist

Good times, for a change! Now PLEASE just self publish. For a guy who relishes disrupting the status quo, he is unbelievably mired in the traditions of the music business.

Signs that Red Light Pete is doing his job?

Let’s hope more good news is on the horizon.

He could have kept quiet about Miley's involvement and there wouldn't have been a problem to begin with. The art would be intact.

The artists makes the art.
The record company handles the business.
Capitol couldn't handle the business.
Every problem has a solution, but the only
solution Capitol could come up with was to
ask for the money from Moz.

Back
Top Bottom