999 emergency!

almareallymatters

A woman dialled 999 to report that the rabbit she had just bought did not have floppy ears, police said.

The caller phoned the emergency number when she discovered the pet's ears did not live up to their description in a newspaper advert.

65020753.jpg

Other nuisance calls revealed by Stirling-based Central Scotland Police included two people who dialled 999 after being splashed by cars in wet weather.

Love Alma xxx

not too long ago I heard of someone calling 911 in some fast food joint b/c his sandwich didnt have mayonnaise on it??? it was something along those lines. they played back the 911 tape on the news too. it was hilarious, who ARE these people?!

Somebody call 911 or 112 or 999 or 666 or whatever it is, I'm having an emergency here! :eek: A marsipan cake has forced itself into my tummy! :tears:

I remember hearing a 999 call somewhere from a young boy who had a problem with his math homework.
His parents told him that if there ever was an emergency, he should call 999.
So, he did... with his math emergency. :p

Hahaha

I remember hearing a 999 call somewhere from a young boy who had a problem with his math homework.
His parents told him that if there ever was an emergency, he should call 999.
So, he did... with his math emergency. :p

You don't have a radio programme which children can ring up ask some questions in Holland?

In Japan we have a 30 minutes Mon-Fri programme, four experts will answer questions from kids all over the country.

I think I'll dial 999 the next time I can't open a jam jar...or I get a ladder in my tights! :rolleyes:

Love Alma xxx

Because I'm still groggy at this time of day, I actually thought, "Why would she be trying to get a pair of tights on a ladder?" But then I figured it out. :)

Might work....you should give it a go! :D

I'd probably get about as much joy as the woman with the rabbit! :rolleyes:

"Sorry Madam...whilst I appreciate that your being held at knife point by a vicious maniac we are currently trying to assist a woman who has a bunny with ears simply not floppy enough....your on your own!"

Love Alma xxx

Last edited:
I used to work on the 999 switchboard and my favourite call was:

Me - Emergency, which service please?
Women - Police, quick there's two men fighting up my back passage!

I heard this one a while back where a woman was watching Hollyoaks or Eastenders or something, and one of the characters fell over, and the woman thought that it was real, so she called 999....

Re: Hahaha

You don't have a radio programme which children can ring up ask some questions in Holland?

In Japan we have a 30 minutes Mon-Fri programme, four experts will answer questions from kids all over the country.

No, I don't think we have a radio show like that over here... :confused:
We do have something like that on tv though.

i used to work on the 999 switchboard and my favourite call was:

Me - emergency, which service please?
Women - police, quick there's two men fighting up my back passage!

lol!...:)

I used to work on the 999 switchboard and my favourite call was:

Me - Emergency, which service please?
Women - Police, quick there's two men fighting up my back passage!

it was not the emergency switchboard but years ago when you had to call the operator to get a number a friend of my mothers took a call from a very polite person, all please, thank you, would you be so kind to. The caller wanted put through to the local police station, so the call was patched through, the police man answered, just as the friend was about to hang up the caller yelled loudly "f*** OFF!" and hung up. :rolleyes: :p

Back
Top Bottom