some thoughts,fears and hopes on the upcoming tour

sistasheila

tjekket
Now 3 days til it all gets rolling again+though I'm looking forward to the gigs I attend in may /june
But one thing strike me this time and worries me a bit
: 1.the this time very long tour plan with many many dates
and 2. with rarely any big breaks.
6 weeks america , 10 days break,,, then europe

a lot of you experience him getting ill on tour over the last centuries as well.
.if you look back into he tour history

all facts that you have read about or experience yourself but nonetheless I do bring them up as examples to make my point:
two prominent examples here during his solo tours :
he did fall ill several times in australia 1991
after having completed the first leg of the long Us tour and 5 japan dates behind him..
also falling ill on the 2nd US leg of 91

so him falling ill has to do with long tours and not with his age- a friend of mine has argued when i told her about the roundhouse cancellation-she knows not much about him. I strongly disagreed about that point ...:rolleyes:
cancellations cause of illness did also happen back during the smiths as well when one looks into the tour history

then him falling ill l on the VERY extensive US 2007 tour(first half)
and again in early 2008 in the UK
(which i think was result of having not enough time to recovering his voice long enough after a long tour)

As a tour manager of morrissey; this person should take a different approach : instead of doing a tour in a a big continent, like FOR EXAMPLE: america with many many dates in a short timeperiod and have not enough offdays/breaks within
BUT HE RATHER SHOULD SPLIT THE TOUR IN SEVERAL SMALL HALVES AND HAVE MORE AND LONGER BREAKS to avoid cancellations. and disapointments

..like for the quarry tour :
where he only did a few warm US Dates in spring
then had a break ,do a bit of UK/ europe and then did go back to the US in fall doing more dates there ....
To go back to the example of America
Its not only the size of North America I think, but one important fact is travelling and experience the changing of different climate periods in a short period of time..from florida to ny etc etc this can harm your organism/made an impact on your health state.

Yes that all goes without saying,nothing new and Im not stating in any way he should tour the US on a lesser degree, so dont get that the wrong way over there, ,will you?:flowers:
its an example.Whne it comes to sizes like US, he should rather not trying to tour the country in one run all at once, doing as many dates as possible in a short time perios but rather split, but I repeat myself here:blushing:

But it goes without saying as a fan you dont want the artist to fall ill during a tour , not onyl because of YOU not being able to see the tour
but most importantly that the artist himself NOT RUINING HIS HEALTH IN A SERIOUS DEGREE cause of touring extensively touring and without enough breaks
which could eventually lead to a possible chronic damagement of his voice for example
or just a complete exhaustion which nobody dont want him to experience as well...
so to avoid that:
the tour manager REALLY should have been aware of his often delicate health , should have take more breaks and should have spiltted the tours in more halves
and not planning a long tour in the way it has been arranged this time .

.I personally would have prefered waiting longer to see him
but then experience him fresh and recovered.
But there is nothing much to do about that as a fan than just hoping it will went well.

I am not the first one worrying about the extensive tour plan..
i have read a few posts of other people the last months who have posted their fears of possible cancalletions after seeing the tourplan
....some of them have seen him many times

but like I said being a fan you dont have a say really....
Have you been surpised by th extensive tour plan?
why is the tour manager not aware of the past tours and the cancelltations?

so to come to the end of my rant:blushing: :blushing:
I just wish you all a wonderful and memorable concert and have fun...

Last edited:
It's far too long a tour for his voice to manage,sadly.

Looks like the best gigs will be the first few weeks.

At the begining of the YATQ ,he was top of the toppermost .
By the end he looked tired,going through the motions and the voice had gone.

:(

I hope for the best but even some young band would struggle with that tourplan ..
I wonder why nobody out of his camp did voice an opinion against it (personal assistant,pr manager i.e. sarah and jennifer) or even morrissey himself saying anythingt o the tour manager to split/shortened the tour
i mean a personal assistant looks after him and care about the best of possible possibilties for their client. they have been in charge for a while now so they must know by now....

I was one of the many disappointed at the Roundhouse last year and was also worried when I saw the long tour list - particularly (and selfishly) as he's not coming to the UK for ages.

As I've said elsewhere on the forums, I think it's a positive thing that the tour is over spring/summer as opposed to the winter months, which has been the case for a number of his illnesses.

Fingers crossed everyone, anyway. X

I was one of the many disappointed at the Roundhouse last year and was also worried when I saw the long tour list - particularly (and selfishly) as he's not coming to the UK for ages.

As I've said elsewhere on the forums, I think it's a positive thing that the tour is over spring/summer as opposed to the winter months, which has been the case for a number of his illnesses.

Fingers crossed everyone, anyway. X

yeah we europeans come after a looong part of the tour in the US *sniff*

My main fears are bad hotels, bad public transport, bad food, and the obligatory lack of sleep.

I share your concerns, but I think that the time of year could be important in completing this tour.

Last year he toured Jan & Feb, when colds and throat infections are rife. Providing he gets through the US tour unscathed, it could be a clear run through Europe in May / June. Fingers crossed anyway.

I'm glad I'm seeing Moz in St. Petersburg- it's the 4th show of the tour! It's too bad, but you can just about count on the fact that shows will be cancelled.

maybe he should live in, and sing from, a plastic bubble for the next 5 months?

Moz is human - everyone gets sick and travelling makes one extra vunerable. But, people exist and plod through the sniffles and a mild/moderate viruses all the time. I've been sick for three months it seems. Yes, moz goes down for the count every now and then, and it sucks when it happens (I've been cancelled on several times over the years), but if you look at ALL his shows since 1991, you'll probably find that 97.5% of them happened as scheduled.

Its the chance you take with Morrissey, particualry if you choose to travel to see him. He doesn't do it on purpose....

Last edited:
d.

Its the chance you take with Morrissey, particualry if you choose to travel to see him. He doesn't do it on purpose....
thaa goes without saying...I never said that.I didnt critisize him with my post but the tour manager

My main fears are bad hotels, bad public transport, bad food, and the obligatory lack of sleep.
You're doing South Eastern dates? The merry-go-round hasn't even started, and I'm already -1 night of sleep.

My main fear is a lack of primping and preening time, and living off of Adderall, Vyvanse, and Provigil (plus nasty energy drinks) just to make it as they literally zig-zag across the South.

thaa goes without saying...I never said that.I didnt critisize him with my post but the tour manager

I know, I wasn't really talking directly to you, Sista. Just typing away in general. :)

I would imagine that it's Morrissey himself who ultimetly OKs a (general) tour itinerary and no-doubt specifys how many shows per week and how long he wants to go without a more significant break. He must feel confident that he is up to the task of a 5 month tour.

I know, I wasn't really talking directly to you, Sista. Just typing away in general. :)

I would imagine that it's Morrissey himself who ultimetly OKs a (general) tour itinerary and no-doubt specifys how many shows per week and how long he wants to go without a more significant break. He must feel confident that he is up to the task of a 5 month tour.
awww ..okay:)
i wonder also how actually books the shows the manager or the tour manager..I wondered about one thing. yesterday:.. isnt etour manager is onl ythere during the tour..so i would assume the manager will book and plan and arrage the tour an not the tour manager..do you know who did what?

awww ..okay:)
i wonder also how actually books the shows the manager or the tour manager..I wondered about one thing. yesterday:.. isnt etour manager is onl ythere during the tour..so i would assume the manager will book and plan and arrage the tour an not the tour manager..do you know who did what?

I can't say for sure but usually bands book tours through a booking agency who have contacts all over the world. I doubt its one person from Camp Morrissey calling around venues throughout the US and Europe personally booking each-and-every show. They subcontract that out, I'd imagine.

I can't say for sure but usually bands book tours through a booking agency who have contacts all over the world. I doubt its one person from Camp Morrissey calling around venues throughout the US and Europe personally booking each-and-every show. They subcontract that out, I'd imagine.
.i wonder if he books at a different agengy this time who is not used to moz as a client.
cause a 4 month tour with 10 days off after the first 6 weeks , was pretty much the most tighlry and long packed tour plan i have yet seen....
so the tour agengy books it ,then talk back to his manager(or tour manager)to see if its okay ?
,,,(hmm still wondrering which manager negotiates with the booking agengy...;-)

What song will he throw his shirt off to? *prepares*

Back
Top Bottom