The Polecats

Has anyone noticed that "Make a Circuit With Me" is being used by Pixar on the promo commercials for the new movie Wall-E?

The interesting thing is that it's just the instrumental, so they're counting on the parents to make the association between the music and the theme of the movie. It's about a (presumably) lovable robot.

Has anyone noticed that "Make a Circuit With Me" is being used by Pixar on the promo commercials for the new movie Wall-E?

The interesting thing is that it's just the instrumental, so they're counting on the parents to make the association between the music and the theme of the movie. It's about a (presumably) lovable robot.

i knew it sounded familiar!

If anyone has any details at all about the Wall-E commercial .. please post them here .. I am extremely curious ..
Tim Polecat .

I'll look and see if I can link you to a copy online somewhere... otherwise I could try to tape in it some way if it's really important to you.

edited: I can't find the TV spot online, only the theatrical trailers. I'll try to video it, it's on the kids' channels constantly at the moment.

Last edited:
I just need a description of the commercial and a rough idea when it was shown .. as far as I know it has only been shown on T.V there are a lot of different promo spots for this movie .. A number of people have posted about it , I don't know anything about it and since I wrote the song it is very important to me to find out if they are using it .
Thank you for your help
Tim Polecat

I just need a description of the commercial and a rough idea when it was shown .. as far as I know it has only been shown on T.V there are a lot of different promo spots for this movie .. A number of people have posted about it , I don't know anything about it and since I wrote the song it is very important to me to find out if they are using it .
Thank you for your help
Tim Polecat

So they didn't ask your permission? Or the publisher's permission? :confused:

Thank you for your help
Tim Polecat

I'll do my best to tape it. Keep watching this thread.

It's on Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, those are the channels most often on our tv. Throughout the daytime hours, and into the evening. I'm in the Chicago area. I'll also be sure to write down the exact time and station when I see it.

I hope this isn't a case of your music being used without your permission.

Actually the artist is hardly ever consulted , I find out about releases via Google , the song is published through EMI so as you can imagine they cant give me an answer on the spot . I just need confirmation that it is our actual song and not just a rip off like the Mervins radio spot a few years back .
Tim Polecat .

Actually the artist is hardly ever consulted , I find out about releases via Google , the song is published through EMI so as you can imagine they cant give me an answer on the spot .

That sounds ridiculous, but now that you mention it, I remember Marshall Crenshaw saying at a recent show that he'd learned from a fan that one of his songs was in Baby Mama.

FWIW, here's the Amazon listing for the movie soundtrack. The Polecats aren't on it, unless there's more than one soundtrack (unlikely, but you never know).

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Have you ever noticed how a song might be on a tv commercial or movie trailer, but isn't actually used in the movie? That's happened often.

After posting earlier I went upstairs and tuned to two kids' channels, but each channel played only a different trailer, not the one with the song on it. I'll keep watching and keep a camera ready.

I love the song, and was chuffed for Boz & the Polecats to hear it on the commercial. It did sound like the original and not a facsimile or cover.

Make a Circuit in the Wall-E commercial is confirmed and legit .. Thank's for drawing our attention to it and all your help . We are also excited that the Phenomenauts have covered the song on their new C.D " For All Mankind"
Tim Polecat .

good to see the forum can be used for good.

and congrats tim polecat, its a nice tv spot.

Back
Top Bottom