Question Re: Accomodation In London

Just been on the YHA site to check prices for me staying for one night in St. Pancras and the results says:

'1 Bed(s) in shared single sex rooms, incl breakfast - Under 18 '

I am pretty crap with hostel dialogue so can anyone tell me if this means that it is possible somebody else can book themselves into my room?

It is £18.50 which I didn't consider too bad.

Yes, they are shared rooms, usually 6 people or something in one room.
So I suggest you bring earplugs. ;)
But for just the one night, it shouldn't be too bad.

I would prefer the saturday if I can go, I still have to talk it through with my parents first and let them be all parenty but hopefully Saturday night for me!

I just stayed there a few weeks ago and it was a nice place. The shower in our bathroom sprayed up so that was the only problem. Breakfasts were great, a good selection of hot items. Most rooms are for 6 people.

Have we not got any members in London with a couch/floor space for a night or two? Or maybe get 5 other interested folk by asking on here or elsewhere Morrissey related & when you get the magic 6, book a room together?

like an asda worker, happy to help!

love

Grim

Hopefully if I can go I shall probably be getting the tube out to Camden from Kings Cross but does anyone know which stop would be best to get off at 'Camden Town' or 'Camden Road'?

I need to know because that way I can start planning accomodation a bit better.

(Also, to those Hotel masterminds, is there an age regulation on how old you have to be to stay in a hotel without a parent or guardian? I am 17 but I do seem older if you weren't to know. I just remember in the past when I was really in love with Paris I tried to book myself on a holiday but the hotel was 18+ if you were not with and adult)

Love PTxx.

Last edited:
You can always look on map such as http://www.streetmap.co.uk

Camden Town is the tube station, Camden Road is a railway station.
There are many buses run Camden Road.
If you catch a tube from Kings Cross you'd better get off from Chalk Farm tube station because it's the nearest tube to Roundhouse.

You can always look on map such as http://www.streetmap.co.uk

Camden Town is the tube station, Camden Road is a railway station.
There are many buses run Camden Road.
If you catch a tube from Kings Cross you'd better get off from Chalk Farm tube station because it's the nearest tube to Roundhouse.

Thanks very much for this Kewpie

(anyone know about the hotel age regulation?)

Love PTxx.

Why does it cost so much in London !??! I just checked the site for the 'Holiday Inn' on Camden Locks and the cheapest I can find for a one night stay is £120 !

Recently survey showed that cost of living in London is the highest in the world.
I blame Jacques Chirac who unintentionally encouraged IOC members to vote for London.

Last edited:
hotels in london

which is the cheapest place to saty in london, thats not a hostel, any ideas

hopefully i will and another member here will have tickets for saturday night. you can hang out with us. if you want.

Hehe, I am hoping to get tickets for saturday too, can I say hello? :D

Which Travelodge are you staying in? The ones I have checked quote me £85 per night!!

Go on the specify a date box bottom left then search for each individual date you want as if there's a gap it wont offer you the cheapest rate for any night. So for instance put in Fri 25, type in London then click Gtr London or City of London whatever, I forget which. They still have £29 rooms and some at £49 depends which nights you want. We are staying at Kings Cross and can get the tube up to 7 mins past midnight or then there is a night bus from 3am if you're staying out.

Go on the specify a date box bottom left then search for each individual date you want as if there's a gap it wont offer you the cheapest rate for any night. So for instance put in Fri 25, type in London then click Gtr London or City of London whatever, I forget which. They still have £29 rooms and some at £49 depends which nights you want. We are staying at Kings Cross and can get the tube up to 7 mins past midnight or then there is a night bus from 3am if you're staying out.

The only one I can find in Gtr London is London Docklands for £49 on the Saturday...is your Saturday night £49 aswell? Actually, are you staying Saturday night because it says that Kings Cross aint available for me on Sat

Cheers for this, is Gtr London or City of London Kings Cross Travelodge within reasonable distance of the tube station? I need to be able to either get the tube back or a night bus from Camden and then walk back to the hotel.

Love PTxx.

Last edited:
Cheers for this, is Gtr London or City of London Kings Cross Travelodge within reasonable distance of the tube station? I need to be able to either get the tube back or a night bus from Camden and then walk back to the hotel.

Love PTxx.

Yes, 2 minutes walk from Kings Cross but dont know about the bus stop - I would imagine its very close to the station though... I think Euston would be better as the tube runs a bit later but the premier inn there is £85 to £100. It is only 2 miles though according to google maps from Chalk Farm to Kings Cross so a taxi wouldnt cost a bomb, providing of course you can actually flag one down :) Good luck!

london city airport travelodge is only 29 on the saturday, how far is that from roundhouse, and how easy to get back to

but though it may be cheaper to stay here, depends on the budget you are on, already i have had to cut it down to friday and saturday night, oh why cant mozza come and play blackburn again

Back
Top Bottom