The Johnny Marr 'Sneaker'

Hey Kewpie.....(off topic i know BUT KYLE'S HOME....YAY!!!)

to get back on topic those sneakers are posh Balstall sreakouts:D

i want a pair of Morrissey brogues, not bloody scally trainers:p

LOL. I read the discussion on the main page, does anyone think they're really leather? Seems very hypocritical of Marr if so, especially in 2007 when it's far easier to find/wear/design ethical footwear than it was in the 80's.

There might be some communication problem or misunderstanding with the shoe company and Johnny I suppose.
Johnny could've stipulated that the shoe company must obliged to use non-animal product for the shoes designed by him.

Nobody's perfect...:o

Johnny designed a shoe?

Has he designed a guitar before?

I thought I read that soon after the release of Meat Is Murder, Johnny was photographed eating a meat pie...I read this in "The Complete Story"

I thought I read that soon after the release of Meat Is Murder, Johnny was photographed eating a meat pie...I read this in "The Complete Story"

I haven't read the book, but I believe Johnny rather than what is written about him.

Hmm, I wonder what price the shoe will have after a while, for collectors that is:rolleyes:.

I asked Johnny (during his Healing stage) why didn't he do some Smiths songs like Morrissey is doing now? He told me he could only ever do 'Meat Is Murder' because that is the only Smiths lyric that he could truthfully sing.
He did sing a couple of others later at the Manc v Cancer gig though. Not that it makes him a meat eater.

love

Grim

I asked Johnny (during his Healing stage) why didn't he do some Smiths songs like Morrissey is doing now? He told me he could only ever do 'Meat Is Murder' because that is the only Smiths lyric that he could truthfully sing.
He did sing a couple of others later at the Manc v Cancer gig though. Not that it makes him a meat eater.

love

Grim

Thank you very much Grim for posting your encounter with Johnny.
The lyrics belong to Morrissey and it's not hard to imagine that Johnny finds rather awkward to sing some Smiths songs.

I got a pair. I'll post a picture when they arrive.

I thought they looked a bit like bowling shoes myself.

I miss bowling...I think I'll take my daughter in about a year or so

Back
Top Bottom