You Forgave Jesus Please Forgive Us!!!

northerngirl

I keep checking this site as often as I can in hopes that perhaps Mr. Morrissey will be touring Canada (northern states would work as well). I know our nation insulted and disgusted him earlier this year but your fans are still here waiting and hoping. Please don't say that I'm the only one.

I'm whincing and mincing in hopes that someone has heard of a possible tour in my neck of the woods. The winter is closing in soon and serenade from our songbird may just sustain me through our cold harsh winter. Please let me know what any of you may have heard.

As always in appreciation.
northerngirl :rolleyes:

You're mincing? I don't think your demands will be taken serious until you're sashaying.

"sashaying" what a delightful word.

Sorry, no news that I've heard of a tour either way. And trust me, I'd be all over that kind of news :(

I keep checking this site as often as I can in hopes that perhaps Mr. Morrissey will be touring Canada (northern states would work as well). I know our nation insulted and disgusted him earlier this year but your fans are still here waiting and hoping. Please don't say that I'm the only one.

I'm whincing and mincing in hopes that someone has heard of a possible tour in my neck of the woods. The winter is closing in soon and serenade from our songbird may just sustain me through our cold harsh winter. Please let me know what any of you may have heard.

oh show some dignity please.

What exactly are you mincing? Seal meat?

Your nation didn't insult Morrissey, it may have disgusted him, but that was with a process that he clealy doesn't understand.

You have nothing to apologise for, he should open his eyes to the fact that he's talking rubbish about something he kjnows nothing about (I'm not saying I do, I'm saying he doesn't, Okay? M'kay!).

His live shows have been awful lately anyway. You didn't miss much.

Morrissey shouldn't punish his canadian fans for something they have no involvment in. I think a lot of people now have the false notion that all canadians are going out and killing seals and making pelts out of them. I really think Morrissey should just tour and protest at the same time. It seems less stuck up to me.

I don't think he will change his mind so arguing about it is irrelevant.

oh show some dignity please.

A bit harsh, but a agree......Canadian fans shouldn't have to loose their dignity begging him to go to their country. He's the one who's wrong for punishing people for what their government does/allows, I'm affraid he might be doing the same here to America. By this reasoning he'd have to never tour any part of the world again, there isn't a single goverment in the planet that is free of Evil....starting with his own. Oh well, seems like he's cool with the Mexican government[eventhough they allow whale hunting and exessive deforestation of areas filled with indangered species] so Candians should travel to Guadalajara or Mexico D.F. if they wanna see him.

He knows plenty about it. He is nearing fifty years old and has a more than thorough knowledge of animal rights issues. Please credit him with the intelligence he was clearly born with, or else just go away and stop trying to annoy people.

Just because he's nearing fifty doesn't automatically make him a knowledgable guy on all subjects. His views are incredibly niaive and don't take into account the fact that if the seal cull didn't go ahead the seal population would grow to the stage where there wasn't enough food for many of the packs to survive which would lead to a far higher mortality rate in the seal community. He also failed to mention that the population growth would have an adverse effect on the eco-chain of their natural habitat (which again would lead to a higher rate of seal deaths. He left out the part about how it would cause a large part of the Canadian economy to collapse as well, which would mean that people didn't have the money to attend his shows anyway. In short, he was acting like a misguided child.

If he's so bother why doesn't he boycott any country with a leather industry? What's the difference? Is it perhaps because this particular cause afforded him a huge amount of free publicity (what with it being backed by the McCartney's and everything).

People should stop agreeing with everything single thing that comes out of Morrissey's mouth just because he used to write exceptionally good songs (he doesn't anymore, but that's another thread in itself).

Everybody here bangs on about "being an individual" but as far as I can see they spend a lot of time trying to be just like Morrissey. Odd, no?

Last edited:
This post is one of the most idiotic small minded things i have reaad in a long time. It does indeed seem like you are following this view because of Morrissey, he makes great music but his views are often regrettable.
Furthermore you say Chareth is spurting shite yet at least he wrote some real arguments that make sense both from a human and animal rights perspective; while you just laid out insults and emotive rubbish. "ooo lets not kill the cute innocent seals". Also are you seriously saying you value the life of seals above humans. If so this is quite disgusting.
That ends my rant

I love all the animated conversation that came out of my quick little posting (touring in Canada/northern states).

Thank you to those who understand our (Canadian fans) conundrum when it comes to touring Canada. Whatever your opinion on how Morrissey handled his disgust with our seal issue still leaves his Canadian fans punished. Again, it was great to hear from all of you on this forum but (the big but) does anyone have any inkling whether he may tour the northern states or Canada in the near future?

Please help - we actually had some snow flurries today and a little pick me up of some good news would be great.

Thanks again to all.

Why do people ignore the fact that this is not "Morrissey's campaign"? He didn't start it. He's just showing solidarity with it because he belongs to the organisation that is promoting it.

That's how political direct action works. Organisation and solidarity. You can't support a cause and just pick and choose which campaigns you will support. If Morrissey had said "sod the seals, I want to play Canada so I'm going to ignore what Peta say" you'd have all called him a hypocrite.

And to those who say he should go to Canada and talk about it onstage instead, he did during the last Canadian tour and it got no publicity whatsoever. One person can't do it on their own. You need a major campaign.

I'm not really bothered about Morrissey's animal rights obsession at all. I find his attitude towards animals a bit sentimental. But I understand how political campaigning works and I respect anyone prepared to give something up because of a cause they believe in.

Okay guys you need to stop this silly arguing. It is ruining the forum and I'm sick of reading your self-righteous bullshit.

But, as was outlined by Chareth these policies aren't so black and white as you seem to think, hence the small minded remark. Also the whole innocence thing is frankly ridiculous as humans are the only animal intelligent enough to have the capacity of understanding of good and bad thus how can our views of morality be transferred to a different species?
What would you do in this situation? let the Canadian economy be ruined, allow the seal population run rampant and then begin to destroy its own ecosystem which would have a far more severe effect in the long run?
You are clearly vehemntly against this so what can be done?

Hi JoRo,

How's the day treating you? Still a bit angry about things? Sorry, i've just been having my tea and watching a nice bit of telly.

Now where were we?

Yes, you were pulling that old "animals are innocent, men (yes men, not women of course) are bastards" chestnut out of your arse again.

Why, oh why is everything so black and white for you.

Good Vs Evil
Right Vs Wrong
Pussycat dolls annd FHM Vs Morrissey
Seals Vs Humans
You Vs the rest of humanity

Just calm down, read some books, re-evaluate some of your opinions, be prepared to accept that, just like the rest of us, you some times don't know what the fnck you're talking about and end up making a complete nob of yourself on an internet forum. Have a cup of tea and get over it.

The world is what you make it, stop being so p!ssy and start trying to have a laugh. You don't sound to happy.

Incidently why are the Pussycat Dolls and FHM your only cultural reference points for anything you don't like, what have they ever done to you?

I love all the animated conversation that came out of my quick little posting (touring in Canada/northern states).

Thank you to those who understand our (Canadian fans) conundrum when it comes to touring Canada. Whatever your opinion on how Morrissey handled his disgust with our seal issue still leaves his Canadian fans punished. Again, it was great to hear from all of you on this forum but (the big but) does anyone have any inkling whether he may tour the northern states or Canada in the near future?

Please help - we actually had some snow flurries today and a little pick me up of some good news would be great.

Thanks again to all.

Sorry,

In all the excitement I forgot to reply to you.

I doubt very much that you'll be seeing Gloomy Stephen there any time soon. He tends not to go back on any of the fnckwitted things he says.

Personally I hope to visit Canada at some point, it looks beautiful and the people there seem lovely. That's probably not much of a consolation to you though.

Strange how he thinks it's ok to still go to America despite all the thiungs he's said about the President. It's almost as if he boycotted the country that was least likely to cost him money.

At least he can still stand up against those capitalist bastards tho..... oh.

Read some books? My, you really think you're something, don't you? Pretty rich, coming from the most dopey sounding f***wit on the forum.

YOU are the only knob around here, and if I sound unhappy, it's because of silly boys like yourself telling me to go and read some books. I'm a published journalist - get over it!

And to answer another question, everything's so black and white for me because I do not take a middle ground. It's dull and tedious, much like when someone repeats the hackneyed view that 'humans have more rights than animals'. Says whom? Humans? Ah, well that makes it correct then! We humans are infallible, don't you know?

Lastly, I don't need to re-evaluate my opinions - you do. You're the one going with the majority, as usual.

Don't let silly boys like me upset you, there's no point. Plus, if you're a published journalist then that's something you can be really proud of. Which publication is it that you've written for. I'd genuinely love to read some of your work - I have a thirst for knowledge.

I think that in life it's important to realise that there are some issues that you can't break down into yes or no, right and wrong. That's what sentient thought and free will are all about. Let me give you an example - If you are stood on a railway line and the devil (it's hypothetical, I suspect he doesn't really exist) says to you, push that guy infront of the train, or I'll push these three guys in front of the train, nobody will ever find out that you did it, would it be right to do it? On the one hand, you'd be killing someone, but on the other you'd be saving three lives. I know that it's not likely to come up, but you have to admit the arguement applies a moral dilema to black and white thinking.

Couple of grammatical points for you again as well I'm afraid Jo - "silly boys like yourself" - Doesn't really make any sense, it should say "silly boys, like YOU" not "YOURSELF". It goes back to whatI was telling you about writing with a Wildean motiff, if you don't do it right you can come across as a bit of a numpty. Also, you might want to watch the "whom" business, if you put one in the right place it just sounds dumb.

Finally you said "I don't need to re-evaluate my opinions - you do. You're the one going with the majority, as usual" - Now that's just plain silly, what you're saying there is that the majority is ALWAYS WRONG and the minority is ALWAYS RIGHT. Surely you can see that that isn't the case, just think about racism, oppression the majority aren't wrong about those things being abhorrent. Peace, Love, The Pussycat dolls the majority aren't wrong about those things being great.

I hope you're keeping well. In truth you've seemed a little irritable lately, I didn't want to say anything, but I think we've built up a strong bond to be honest with each other.

Don't let silly boys like me upset you, there's no point. Plus, if you're a published journalist then that's something you can be really proud of. Which publication is it that you've written for. I'd genuinely love to read some of your work - I have a thirst for knowledge.

I think that in life it's important to realise that there are some issues that you can't break down into yes or no, right and wrong. That's what sentient thought and free will are all about. Let me give you an example - If you are stood on a railway line and the devil (it's hypothetical, I suspect he doesn't really exist) says to you, push that guy infront of the train, or I'll push these three guys in front of the train, nobody will ever find out that you did it, would it be right to do it? On the one hand, you'd be killing someone, but on the other you'd be saving three lives. I know that it's not likely to come up, but you have to admit the arguement applies a moral dilema to black and white thinking.

Couple of grammatical points for you again as well I'm afraid Jo - "silly boys like yourself" - Doesn't really make any sense, it should say "silly boys, like YOU" not "YOURSELF". It goes back to whatI was telling you about writing with a Wildean motiff, if you don't do it right you can come across as a bit of a numpty. Also, you might want to watch the "whom" business, if you put one in the right place it just sounds dumb.

Finally you said "I don't need to re-evaluate my opinions - you do. You're the one going with the majority, as usual" - Now that's just plain silly, what you're saying there is that the majority is ALWAYS WRONG and the minority is ALWAYS RIGHT. Surely you can see that that isn't the case, just think about racism, oppression the majority aren't wrong about those things being abhorrent. Peace, Love, The Pussycat dolls the majority aren't wrong about those things being great.

I hope you're keeping well. In truth you've seemed a little irritable lately, I didn't want to say anything, but I think we've built up a strong bond to be honest with each other.

One word answers are funnier.

How many fans does moz really have in canada? The whole thing was really propaganda for new album, as if Canadain government would change a policy due to a singers threats they've never heard of. the whole business is extremely unfair to whatever fans he does have, it's just stubborniss and self propganda

Back
Top Bottom