Main
Tue, Sep 7 1999
Tour dates - the venues respond

OK looks like many of you are contacting the venues regarding the recently announced tour dates for ticket info and some are responding that they don't know about Morrissey being booked (one even flatly denied he was playing). All I can say is that I'm certain these dates are good but if anything changes I will post as soon as I find out. Some of the responses:

From Daniel Chruzander:

I spoke to the biggest ticketseller in Sweden, Biljett Direkt, and they did not know anything about a Morrissey gig in October. Then I called up Arenan where the show is to be played but they had no info regarding the date.

Here are a link to some pics and info on Arenan.

It's usually the base for a Stockholm basketball club.

From Dinos Kostarelos:

Hi, I sent a letter to this Greek music site www.babylon.gr (a great site if u ask me) and I asked them about Moz's live appearance in Greece. They replied and told me (as a secret or smth) that in 99% Marr will be with him. They said that this site will have a full coverage of this show and they are involved in the producing of this show. Are we talking about a reunion?

From Marc:

Deinze, Belgium (Oct. 12) confirmed. Tickets can be obtained via this site.

From Nicki Rasmussen:

Tickets in Denmark NOT for sale yet... I've contacted our "ticketmaster" in Denmark, and they do not know anything about any Morrissey koncert in the Grey Hall.

From jeane:

Just to let you know Morrissey's dates at the Forum (London) "are not happening" (direct quote). Oh dear!!!

I've had to take the afternoon off work.

From JamesNelson:

For the Oct 5th show in Tempe, AZ... I live in San Diego and found out this morning when I tried to call, but I do have the 800 # for Dillards for those who want to buy tickets & live out of state - 800-638-4253. This is going to be a great show, I can't believe he's going to play Club Rio. The place is a small venue, I'm not sure how many people it holds but I saw Suede there in 93 and it was a very intimate show... any way in hope the info will be useful to someone.

Comments / Notes (23)
Morrissey and Marr rumor at showbizscoop.com

This is really getting ridiculous... From state of emergency:

check out showbizscoop.com.

I just found this at a message board... there's a site posting 'news' that Marr and Mozzer are in the studio. Because it's so brief, I initially thought it to be just an expansion of the Moz/Marr/Coachella rumours... and I don't know the credibility of this site and its contents. I doubt it's true, but if it is true, it's not surprising... nowadays, anything goes.

Scoop du Jour

Former SMITHS' bandmates Morrissey & Johnny Marr are in the studio working on a much anticipated (yet unnamed) project. Both musicians will appear at the upcoming Palm Springs-close COACHELLA Festival, playing alongside the Chemical Brothers and Beck. An eclectic audience ranging from button-down studio execs to hippie travelers with mosquito bites & Birkenstocks are expected to gyrate in unison for the 2-day event. Contrary to rumor, The MOFFATTS are NOT grounded, but remain absent from the list of bands scheduled to appear.
Comments / Notes (33)
Spencer interview forthcoming on morrisseytour.com

From Angela:

I got a call from Spencer earlier tonight and he wants the questions for the interview submitted on paper. (I'm not sure if this means he's going to answer them on paper or if he wants to be prepared for the interview)

In any case, I'll be forwarding all questions posed to him - not just the 5 random ones as stated earlier. I'm now in the process of compiling questions for him. If anyone out there would like to submit a question to him please e-mail me: [email protected] with the words "Question for Spencer" (no quotes) in the subject. The deadline for this is Wednesday 10 PM EST.

http://www.morrisseytour.com

Comments / Notes (6)

* return to Morrissey-solo