Main
Tour dates - the venues respond
Posted on Tue, Sep 7 1999 at 9:39 a.m. PDT
by David T. <[email protected]>
OK looks like many of you are contacting the venues regarding the recently announced tour dates for ticket info and some are responding that they don't know about Morrissey being booked (one even flatly denied he was playing). All I can say is that I'm certain these dates are good but if anything changes I will post as soon as I find out. Some of the responses:

From Daniel Chruzander:

I spoke to the biggest ticketseller in Sweden, Biljett Direkt, and they did not know anything about a Morrissey gig in October. Then I called up Arenan where the show is to be played but they had no info regarding the date.

Here are a link to some pics and info on Arenan.

It's usually the base for a Stockholm basketball club.

From Dinos Kostarelos:

Hi, I sent a letter to this Greek music site www.babylon.gr (a great site if u ask me) and I asked them about Moz's live appearance in Greece. They replied and told me (as a secret or smth) that in 99% Marr will be with him. They said that this site will have a full coverage of this show and they are involved in the producing of this show. Are we talking about a reunion?

From Marc:

Deinze, Belgium (Oct. 12) confirmed. Tickets can be obtained via this site.

From Nicki Rasmussen:

Tickets in Denmark NOT for sale yet... I've contacted our "ticketmaster" in Denmark, and they do not know anything about any Morrissey koncert in the Grey Hall.

From jeane:

Just to let you know Morrissey's dates at the Forum (London) "are not happening" (direct quote). Oh dear!!!

I've had to take the afternoon off work.

From JamesNelson:

For the Oct 5th show in Tempe, AZ... I live in San Diego and found out this morning when I tried to call, but I do have the 800 # for Dillards for those who want to buy tickets & live out of state - 800-638-4253. This is going to be a great show, I can't believe he's going to play Club Rio. The place is a small venue, I'm not sure how many people it holds but I saw Suede there in 93 and it was a very intimate show... any way in hope the info will be useful to someone.

* item archived - comments / notes can no longer be added.

Comments / Notes

Forum (London) seemed to indicate that there would be some more news "next week" but perhaps it was just the lady on the desk being nice. She also said that she had just got off the phone with another person asking the same question . . .

David T (a different one)
London UK - Tue, Sep 07, 1999 at 10:25:23 (PDT) | #1

hello? can I get some info. on where the hell the Forum is?

me
- Tue, Sep 07, 1999 at 11:02:22 (PDT) | #2

I got my tickets today in the mail....
see you all in Vegas!!!!!!!

Armani ( I am not naturally evil)
Dreadful Nor. Cal.. - Tue, Sep 07, 1999 at 11:07:11 (PDT) | #3

David the Main Man, Can I ask where you got your
information from if the actual venues are denying it? Did Moz tell you? I'm just curious thats all.
Plus can you block Delia from posting on this site, she is just trying to bug me, she is sooooo
annoying. Thanks Dude I'm out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warren
Chespaw - Tue, Sep 07, 1999 at 12:07:40 (PDT) | #4

Yeah!!!, My friend and I were the first 2 of 3 in line at our ticketmaster location. We only waited 2hrs for the tickets. Ticket availability came up on the computer only about 2 minutes before noon. Sad that there was no other fans in line with us but we sure as hell weren't complaining. See you in Santa Barbara. I'll be the guy infront of you;)

John
Los Angeles - Tue, Sep 07, 1999 at 12:25:45 (PDT) | #5

3rd row baby
2 hrs waiting for tix, not a problem.
Even though I didn't have to be there that early (apparently ther are no Mozzer fans in Burbank), I'd do it again.
See you guys in Santa Barbara

S R V
- Tue, Sep 07, 1999 at 12:38:11 (PDT) | #6

Spoke to some lady at the Brangwyn Hall, Swansea and, although they were aware of the gig, she stressed it hadn't been confirmed and wouldn't tell me anymore than that...

Raskolnikov
- Tue, Sep 07, 1999 at 13:04:34 (PDT) | #7

Pardon me, but did anyone happen to notice what Dinos said, regarding Morrissey's Athens gig?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lifeguard Commenting
The Wrong Continent?? - Tue, Sep 07, 1999 at 14:24:50 (PDT) | #8

David will you please tell me who told you about these dates. I think its only moral that you site sources. Good journalism and all. If this is from the man himself, be carful, he likely to turn on his friends, so get as many autographs as possible. Besides we have all been your friends for a long time and I think you ought to tell us if you have made contact. Please David tell us if Morrissey is writing you letters. If so please forward them to me and tell him my email address. And tell him I love him, in a manly hetrosexual way. ANd that I would gladly hang out with him and be his friend. We could insult people all day
and laugh about the decay of civilization, etc. Morrissey I need you.
write , call, drop by .....

SHORT iNDIVIDUAL
lebanon - Tue, Sep 07, 1999 at 15:33:38 (PDT) | #9

I would also love to know where the hell the Forum is in London.

I don't really care if the dates are not confirmed. The rumour of a concert is enough for me.

Revlon <[email protected]>
London - Tue, Sep 07, 1999 at 16:21:31 (PDT) | #10

I was at that Suede gig at the Rio in 93. Hell of a show, no doubt. No one can shake rattle and roll like Bret, not even the Moz man himself. I am hitting the Rio for the Moz gig...see you all there! I will let you all know if Morrissey can equal Bret's stage swagger and swoon in the venue. I have my fingers and toes crossed.

SP Riley

S.P.Riley
S.F. Bay Area - Tue, Sep 07, 1999 at 17:02:21 (PDT) | #11

I would like to praise David for not saying: "Hey Morrissey told me these are the dates!".....I believe in this land o' ours, a journalist need not reveal his/her sources. A drop of common since should tell you how David knows of these shows. Just be pleased that Moz will be doing what he is best at: entertaining us lucky ones.

gregg
denco - Tue, Sep 07, 1999 at 17:37:56 (PDT) | #12

David there is no need to site sources. If people think that they can do better let them go try. They should be happy with what they get here or they should go on and wait to read about recycled rumors that appear in NME.
Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing everything that comes your way.

Frankie Shankly(not Frank) <[email protected]>
Southern California - Tue, Sep 07, 1999 at 17:56:52 (PDT) | #13

whoa. I'm gonna be at a Moz concert the same night of Buffy & Angel season premiers? Now I have to set my VCR? Thanks Moz.

grrr
- Tue, Sep 07, 1999 at 23:14:33 (PDT) | #14

The Forum is in Kentish Town. Please feel free to call them on 0171 284 1001. Badger them if you must!

jeane
- Wed, Sep 08, 1999 at 01:46:27 (PDT) | #15

I have just been royally screwed. I booked tickets for Morrissey at the Rialto in Derry (where my parents live) for November 25th. So far so good, only TODAY the Rialto tell me that he's actually on November 24th - and this is AFTER I have bought my non-refundable tickets to fly there on the Thursday. Which leaves me more than Ģ100 out of pocket if I cancel my flight and go on the Wednesday. Get those dates confirmed with the venues!!!!

Simon <[email protected]>
London - Wed, Sep 08, 1999 at 02:09:33 (PDT) | #16

The concert in Tilburg (Netherlands), in the great music hall '013', has been confirmed. Ticket sale starts this Saturday, September 11, at 10.00 AM. See you there !!

Vincent Verouden <[email protected]>
- Wed, Sep 08, 1999 at 10:17:00 (PDT) | #17

Leave David alone. He does a great job and doesnīt need to be bothered by those messages you send, If you don't trust him, donīt read Morrissey-solo.

Manuel
Spain - Wed, Sep 08, 1999 at 12:13:18 (PDT) | #18

Leave David alone. He does a great job and doesn't need to be bothered. If you don't trust him, don't read Morrissey-solo.

Manuel
Spain - Wed, Sep 08, 1999 at 12:14:42 (PDT) | #19

i agree with manuel...david does a great job on this site. we love-ya david:)

adrien <[email protected]>
- Wed, Sep 08, 1999 at 21:33:51 (PDT) | #20

I've checked with Nottingham and Norwich, both of whom are waiting for confirmation from Morrissey himself!

The guy in Nottingham was quite optimistic and was looking forward to going, whereas in Norwich Morrissey was described as "an awkward bugger, who has got this far and cancelled three times before!!". You can't please all the people all the time!

Oh and give David a break, we know the dates in advance of the tickets going on sale, what more do you want!

Simon
Cambridge, England - Thu, Sep 09, 1999 at 03:23:26 (PDT) | #21

MORRISSEY MORRISSEY MORRISSEY!!! 'nuff said!!!

Mauricio
- Thu, Sep 09, 1999 at 05:04:12 (PDT) | #22

David,
You have created the most beautiful self sufficent forum that allows for community expression that I have ever seen. You are a very
brave intelligent and diligent man. I sincerly thank you,

yazinsky
- Thu, Sep 09, 1999 at 07:44:04 (PDT) | #23

* return to Morrissey-solo