Main
Tue, Feb 9 1999
"Morrissey and Me" comic at gURL

From Lauren R. Weinstein:

Hello! I am a cartoonist for gURL magazine and I recently wrote a comic called Morrissey and Me. It's been getting a lot of fan mail and one of the people wrote in and suggested this site... To see the cartoon go to www.gURL.com and you'll see it posted on their front page.

Comments / Notes (41)
Andy Rourke's "Foreign Bodies"

From Brian Forbes:

You may be interested to know that Andy Rourke's new band is going to be playing live gigs in the UK fairly soon. They are called Foreign Bodies, and feature ex-members of the Fall and the Kaleefs (whoever they are/were). Don't know details but they are playing in Derby on 18th Feb and presumably elsewhere around the country.

Comments / Notes (1)
These Charming Men (Dublin) - Feb. 11

There are actually two tribute bands called "These Charming Men", one from Dublin and one from England, both with their own web pages. Thanks to Dave Collins for clearing it up for me.

From Frank Bouchier-Hayes, regarding the Dublin TCM:

Just thought that some of the Irish supporters of this website might like to know that the Smiths Tribute band These Charming Men are lined up to play Dolan's Warehouse Thursday (Feb 11th).

Early purchase of tickets is advisable. For those unfamiliar with Limerick, it is situated on the Dock road. If you decide to go, I will be wearing a t-shirt featuring Morrissey and Marr(c.1984) with Morrissey brandishing a flower and Marr with shades striking a cool pose. A free drink awaits anyone who introduces himself/herself to me with the line 'I know that I'm the most inept that ever stepped!!'( for those not gifted with an encyclopedic knowledge of Smiths lyrics, this line comes from the song 'These Things Take Time'.

The doors open at 9pm. Hope to see you there.

Comments / Notes (0)
These Charming Men (England) - Mar. 12, 31

From Dave Collins:

...upcoming gigs by These Charming Men, a tribute to the Smiths:

Fri 12th March...The Venue, Clifton Rise, New Cross, London SE14 0181-692-4077....tkts £5

Wed 31st March... Cellar Bar, 27 North Street, Romford, Essex....tkts £4

Visit them at: http://www.dsikar.demon.co.uk/tcm

Comments / Notes (1)

* return to Morrissey-solo