Main
Morrissey night in Chicago (Thu., Sept. 16)
Posted on Mon, Sep 13 1999 at 9:38 a.m. PDT
by David T. <[email protected]>
Info and scans from Jake The Stripper:

Chicago's Club Foot is having a Morrissey night Thursday September 16th.

"DJ Derek spins the music of Morrissey & The Smiths'-Videos too!" It's located kind of Wicker Park/East Village at 1824 W. Augusta.

773/489-0379.
8PM-2AM Must be 21

(scan of Morrissey night flyer)

There's also a "Glam Night" at Club Foot on Sat., Sept. 18 for those interested.

(scan of Glam Night flyer)

* item archived - comments / notes can no longer be added.

Comments / Notes

Yippee!!! Moving from Southern Cal, I thought my life would be Moz free(especially since he will be neglecting the Midwest in his upcoming tour). At last I can celebrate some great with my fellow Smiths/Morrissey bretheren here in the Windy City. We just have to work on getting notice a little earlier.

Dave!!
- Mon, Sep 13, 1999 at 09:43:34 (PDT) | #1

Thank friggin god. I was begining to think I was all alone here.

Girl Racer <[email protected]>
Chicago - Mon, Sep 13, 1999 at 10:09:10 (PDT) | #2

Los Angeles, Morrissey capital of the world...

Javier
Los Angeles - Mon, Sep 13, 1999 at 11:57:11 (PDT) | #3

The Delilah's Morrissey/Smiths night in Chicago should be confirmed this week for late November.
If you have any questions, please e-mail me.
I also hope to have a flyer completed to distribute on Thursday and Saturday.
More details to come. Thanks to those that have attended the past events.

Tony <[email protected]>
- Mon, Sep 13, 1999 at 12:26:53 (PDT) | #4

This is so kick ass. I wish there were clubs around here that would play the Smiths. Just a bunch of red neck hick clubs spinning country crap.
Are they letting all ages in or do you have to be 18, does anyone know if they are hard on fake IDs?? Hey Corey maybe they will let you in if you are accompanied by your mama? haaaaaaaaaaa. OUTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

Warren
Chespaw - Mon, Sep 13, 1999 at 12:40:41 (PDT) | #5

Why can't Morrissey just play in the Windy City himself???!!

Gregg <[email protected]>
- Mon, Sep 13, 1999 at 15:34:22 (PDT) | #6

in response to #1: are you the "dagenham dave" who responded to the favorite album poll question? For I once knew a dagenham dave from so cal who was quite a fan of the first album (bees knees and all), as i am myself. we used to make poems out of the titles of smiths' songs. is it you?

look to los angeles <[email protected]>
- Mon, Sep 13, 1999 at 16:59:04 (PDT) | #7

Morrissey spends quite a lot of time in Chicago. He loves the city, it's people, parks, taverns and shops. He's filmed two music videos here -- Certain People I Know and Glamourous Glue. Some of his best experiences on stage have been in Chicago and he loves his fans here.

EDDIE RIFF <eddie [email protected]>
Chicago - Mon, Sep 13, 1999 at 18:23:33 (PDT) | #8

* return to Morrissey-solo