posted by davidt on Wednesday May 27 2009, @09:00AM
Krisv writes:
Just received a mail from Seetickets that Moz at Brixton Thursday has been postponed.
Bugger!
---
prettypettythieves writes:
in the o2 academy website they say the 28th of May Thursday show has been cancelled.
---
Evan also sends the link to the news on Morrissey's MySpace.
---
ma1979tt sends the news on the official site:

Regrettably Morrissey’s show at London’s O2 Brixton Academy on Thursday 28th May has been cancelled. Morrissey is on continued doctor’s orders not to sing, to ensure a complete recuperation.

Event Organizers would like to apologize to fans for the disappointment. Additional information will be issued as soon as possible, so advise ticket holders to hang on to their tickets.
---
Update: 05/27 22:43 GMT: Sheridan Whiteside conversation below is a hoax (admission).
---
Also posted in the forums by Sheridan Whiteside:

*HOAX* Friday and Saturday Brixton Off (according to Boz)
Uncleskinny posted the link in the forums (original post):

Stuart Murdoch: Likes Murray, but won't meet Morrissey in probably "not that nice" shocker - DrownedinSound
---
moho also sends the link/excerpt:

God Help the Girl - Pitchfork

"It was liberating, and I think it's been in the cards for a while. I think being able to move onto something and do something different means that something else dies. What dies is being able to get up and sing songs like Morrissey, or the Smiths, to sing songs right from the heart, to really be able to be talking about yourself and what's going on with you. I think I've been moving away from that stuff for quite some time. And you're right-- when you start living with these new characters, that's a change and I found it quite easy to do. Almost too easy."
ianw writes:
Even though Morrissey has cancelled his Thursday night show at the Brixton Academy (and, alas, may well cancel the other two, but fingers crossed he doesn't), we're still going ahead with all three HDIFs at the Canterbury Arms. So if people are coming to London on Thursday and now find themselves with nothing to do, they're more than welcome to come along and have a pint and a dance with us!

I'm happy to put any Morrissey solo user on a membership list for these nights, to get in for £4. To get on the list, just email [email protected]

How Does It Feel To Be Loved? Morrissey special
Thursday May 28th
Canterbury Arms, Canterbury Crescent, Brixton, SW9 7QD, 9pm-2am. £4 for members, £6 for non members. Membership is free from http://www.howdoesitfeel.co.uk
Guest DJ: Jon Slade (Comet Gain)
Plus we're playing all of "Viva Hate" in order after midnight.
Advance tickets

Friday May 29th
Canterbury Arms, Canterbury Crescent, Brixton, SW9 7QD, 9pm-2am. £4 for members, £6 for non members.
Guest DJs: The Pipettes
Plus we're playing all of "Your Arsenal" in order after midnight.
Advance tickets

Saturday May 30th
Canterbury Arms, Canterbury Crescent, Brixton, SW9 7QD, 9pm-2am. £4 for members, £6 for non members.
Guest DJ: Paul Court (The Primitives)
Plus we're playing all of "Vauxhall And I" in order after midnight.
Advance tickets
Today's News | May 28 | May 26  >

[ home | terms of service ]