posted by davidt on Wednesday February 11 2009, @11:00AM
Update: 02/12 16:18 GMT:
Jon writes:
You may well be aware that last night Morrissey played an intimate show for BBC Radio 2 at the Radio Theatre in London. We think your users would love to hear the gig, a brand new interview and see some pictures of the event. And - best of all - later today/early tomorrow the full concert will be available on to watch on the Radio 2 website, so feel free to spread the word and keep an eye on this link.

Many thanks and enjoy!
---
Update: 02/12 07:12 GMT:
gonzax posted in the comments (and in the forums) links to download the tracks.
---
The Most Inept writes:
This is what we Brits pay our TV/Radio license fee for:
RADIO 2 LIVE: MORRISSEY (listen live)
Wednesday 11 February 2009, 2000-2200

Hear Morrissey performing live in the BBC Radio Theatre in London during the second hour of Wednesday's Radcliffe and Maconie show.

Rule Britannia and a solid fiscal policy.
---
Delaney Darwin writes:
In the Sunday Mail(Scottish Tabloid) on 8 Feb, resident music journo Billy Sloan included this snippet in his column:

"Bumped into Johnny Marr in Glasgow last week. He revealed The Smiths have been offered big bucks for a reunion...and he's not ruling it out. He said:"I met up with Morrissey and it was nice." The Smiths at T in the Park?* How great does that sound?"

Read into that what you will.
*T in the Park is an annual outdoor music festival in Scotland.
Tracy Haggie writes:
Hi just e-mailed The ONE Show and found out that Morrissey will be appearing on Monday the 16th February, ENJOY !

---
Spring Heeled Jim writes:
After Monday's sales, Throwing My Arms Around Paris made number 18 in the UK chart on just over 3,000 sales, most of these being physical sales as apposed to downloads. It's unlikely the single will remain within the top 20 this week despite his planned radio and TV appearances which is a real shame.
german film star writes:
I've compiled a collection of reviews of 'Years of Refusal' at my Morrissey site Lucky Lisp. In addition to the Pitchfork review recently posted at morrissey-solo, I've added reviews from Rolling Stone (3 1/2 stars), Uncut (4 stars), The Boston Phoenix (3/4), Time Out Chicago (3 stars), musicOMH (4 stars) & The Quietus. Also included is Digital Spy's review of the new single 'I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris'.

Reviews in other notable publications (Mojo & NME especially) will be added as soon as they become available.

Jason, Lucky Lisp
Guillaume METAYER writes:
What is that ??

The CD Collector's Box [Box set] - Amazon.co.uk

# Audio CD (16 Feb 2009)
# Number of Discs: 3
# Format: Box set
# Label: Chrome Dreams

An anonymous person writes:
Just noticed this on a local Time Out site. Not a great review, but a review nonetheless.

New albums by Morissey and Franz Ferdinand reviewed - Time Out
luckybag writes:
The Smith featured predominantly in episode 3 of Being Human, screened on BBC3 on the 8th of February. Lyrics references abound: Miserable Lie; Meat is Murder etc etc. and a short blast of Girlfriend in a Coma
---
reznordub writes:
the series on bbc3 has an 80's ghost with a great taste in music..

some of the smiths songs he quotes from are
meat is murder
there is a light
miserable lie
and during the programme girlfriend in a coma is played.. very enjoyable show.. always worth watching but even more so now...
shoplifterromo writes:
Club Dedo, 204 Rio Grande, El Paso, Texas, invites southwest Moz fans to a Lost Highway Records-sanctioned listening party for the highly-anticipated "Years of Refusal" cd Thursday, February 12th from 9pm-2am. No cover and giveaways including a pair of tickets to Morrissey's April 14th concert. Join us for Britpop, Motown, and all the Smiths/Moz you can handle.
Today's News | February 12 | February 10  >

[ home | terms of service ]