posted by davidt on Monday February 09 2009, @02:00AM
ThinkOfMeKindlyLV writes:
It looks like the nude pic worked. He is now worthy of paparazzi attention. Uneventful pics of Moz walking into Fred Segal made it on Perez Hilton.com!

Attack Of The Moz
---
Old timer also writes:
Paparazzi spotted Moz shopping in Hollywood
The Paps were after our dear one, wonder how he felt? He looks slightly confused.
Kewpie sends the link to the post in the forums by sweet and tender hooligan (via Morrissey reddit):

Ask Morrissey: MTV 2 (UK) 16th February

This has just been posting on myspace...

Ask Morrissey

Excerpt:

On Monday February 16th Morrissey will be appearing on MTV2 to be grilled by the one and only Zane Lowe, and it could be your questions tripping from Mr Lowe's goateed lips as MTV2 are giving you the people the chance to submit your own questions for Morrissey...
Kewpie sends the link to the post in the forums by I am a Ghost (via Morrissey reddit):

Paris" is a "Hottest Download" according to Sunday Times

Short text as follows.

It's a big city, but Steven Patrick Morrissey has the girth, self-belief and resistance-is-futile melody to bring it off.

Small pic too...
Tomi writes:
Moz is featured in The Observer's "Did I say that?" on Sunday.
You have probably seen most of these quotes before, but it is still always funny to see that he thinks champion figure skaters need him the most.

Here is a link to the index... some of the other people featured are quite amusing too.
Tony the Pony writes:
last night I caught the Vancouver premiere of Alien Workshop's new film "Mind Field" that showcases a select number of professional skateboarders doing their tricks on the streets/parks. As each skateboarder is given a devoted number of minutes, songs from Dinosaur Jr, Animal Collective and others were played throughout. For the film's finale, the last skateboarder to be showcased, Heath Kirchart, Morrissey's"Speedway" served as the soundtrack.

"Mind Field" wasn't your typical skateboard film; had lots of unique style and editing... and a great soundtrack!
An anonymous person writes:
Shameless - Channel 4, UK
The next episode of the series on Channel 4 on Tuesday Feb 10th at 10pm will feature Salford Lads Club and 'fake' Morrissey cycling with flowers.
Very funny episode.

It was shown on E4 this week.
Kevin Cavanaugh writes:
In honor of Moz's 21st Anniversary of filming his first video - I have uploaded at LAST.FM some of Moz's songs I have covered while playing piano at THE TURF SUPPER CLUB in San Diego. I was way lucky enough to be present at the last day of shooting SUEDEHEAD in Fairmount (Morrissey.Solo included a story about this already - but I am just a FAN!)-

I left San Diego in DEC 2007 and am back in Grand Rapids, Michigan (where MOZ debuted "YOUR ARSENAL" for MTV at midnight at the record store I had told Morrissey about in 1992 when we were in Fairmount - he actually wrote the name of the store! down on a pad that Gail Colson was holding for him) and am playing MORRISSEY and THE SMITHS at PUB43 Sunday Nights in downtown Grand Rapids. I am meeting lots of MOZ fans and most requested are: "Bigmouth Strikes Again", "There Is A Light", "Shoplifters...." and "First of The Gang...."..Most MOZ fans are way surprised when I can break into a full version of "The Queen Is Dead" at the piano - but love ALWAYS meeting fans of MOZ...

In December 2008, I was called by a reporter in Indianapolis that is going to do a story on Morrissey filming/being in Fairmount. It is supposed to run later this month as a Sunday feature in entertainment.

Otherwise, I am a budding songwriter/entertainer and have recorded CDs and stuff but also have done my share and gotten license to put out covers of MOZ stuff -- the LAST.FM link to listen.

This is for YEARS OF REFUSAL to give up loving MOZ!

---
Today's News | February 10 | February 8  >

[ home | terms of service ]