posted by davidt on Monday August 18 2008, @10:00AM
Link posted by Danny_ in the forums (original post):

The Smiths: Hang the DJ Track List Revealed - albumvote.co.uk

As excepted and against Morrissey's wishes, Warner Bros. will release another compilation by The Smiths on September 15 and the new one will be called 'Hang The Dj: The Very Best Of'.

The release will be available as a single CD with 23 tracks or a deluxe double CD with an extra 23 tracks.

CD1
'Hand In Glove', 'This Charming Man', 'What Difference Does It Make?', 'Still Ill', 'Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now', 'William, It Was Really Nothing', 'How Soon Is Now', 'I Want the One I Can't Have', 'Shakespeare's Sister', 'Barbarism Begins At Home', 'That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore', 'The Headmaster Ritual', 'The Boy With The Thorn In His Side', 'Bigmouth Strikes Again', 'There Is A Light That Never Goes Out', 'Panic', 'Ask', 'You Just Haven't Earned It Yet Baby', 'Shoplifters Of The World Unite', 'Sheila Take A Bow', 'Girlfriend In A Coma', 'I Started Something I Couldn't Finish', 'Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me'

CD2
'Jeane', 'Handsome Devil' (Live at Manchester Hacienda), 'This Charming Man' (New York Vocal), 'Wonderful Woman', 'Back To The Old House', 'These Things Take Time', 'Girl Afraid', 'Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want', 'Stretch Out And Wait', 'Oscillate Wildly' (Instrumental), 'Meat Is Murder' (Live at Oxford Apollo 18/3/85), 'Asleep', 'Money Changes Everything', 'The Queen Is Dead', 'Vicar In A Tutu', 'Cemetery Gates', 'Half A Person', 'Sweet And Tender Hooligan', 'I Keep Mine Hidden', 'Pretty Girls Make Graves', 'Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before', 'What's The World?' (Recorded Live in 1985), 'London' (Live at National Ballroom, Kilburn)
---
An anonymous person writes:
It was good to see Morrissey at the Smoking Popes concert at the Knitting Factory in Hollywood on Aug 15th. He was sitting in the balcony and was treated to a great show. It is nice to see him support a truly great band. I was first introduced to the Smoking Popes as an opening act at a Moz concert in Thousand Oaks. Thanks Moz
An anonymous person sends the link:

"Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now" by Jennifer de Guzman, Blog@Newsarama

Hello, Blog@Newsarama readers. This is the first of a new monthly feature, the new “Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now,” a series of cartoons and short essays about life in independent comics...(Lyrics in this cartoon are from the song by The Smiths from which I’ve taken the title.)

[site sponsor]

The Sons & Heirs writes:
The Sons & Heirs , NYC’s tribute to The Smiths & Morrissey, join The Cured - west coast tribute to The Cure - for a night of music by 2 of England's greatest bands at NYC’s Highline Ballroom . Special guest opener - The X&Y Project (one-man acoustic tribute to Coldplay). Buy tix now at ticketweb.com

——————-

HIGHLINE BALLROOM
431 W 16th St (between 9th and 10th Ave)
New York, NY 10011
(212) 414-5994

——————-

Doors open @ 7:30 PM
Concert starts @ 8:30PM
Tickets $12.00 in advance
$15.00 at door

Buy tickets online @ ticketweb.com
Today's News | August 19 | August 17  >

[ home | terms of service ]