posted by davidt on Friday June 29 2007, @05:30PM
jazzcannon writes:
Just getting off the telephone with reps from both Madison Square Gardens and Live Nation, the Morrissey concert scheduled for 30 June 2007 has been postponed due to illness. Ticket holders are advised to hold onto to their tickets for a new date or get a refund at place of purchase. So very bummed out! Get well Morrissey, every tour since 1984 you have made it to Manhattan and we truly hope to see you soon!

Additional Information from MSG:
Please be advised that due to illness the MORRISSEY concert scheduled to take place at Madison Square Garden on Saturday, June 30, 2007 has been postponed. The singer was taken ill earlier this week seven songs into his performance in Boston, which forced the postponement of that show as well as shows in Northampton, Mass and Philadelphia. The artist's representatives are currently in the process of working on securing rescheduled dates and hope to make an announcement on Monday, July 2nd. Please retain your tickets. All tickets marked Saturday, June 30, 2007 will be honored at the new performance. For more information regarding the new date of this show, please continue to monitor www.thegarden.com.
---
LucasT writes:
From livenation.com:

Morrissey's concert at Madison Square Garden scheduled for tomorrow night the 30th of June has postponed due to illness. The artist's representatives are currently in the process of working on securing rescheduled dates and hope to make an announcement on Monday July 2nd. In the meantime Morrissey's performance July 6th at PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel NJ is to proceed as planned.
posted by davidt on Friday June 29 2007, @12:00PM
Reminder - tonight on CBS, Morrissey on "The Late Show with David Letterman" is broadcast (taped June 25).

Update: 06/30 22:25 GMT: Download (link from frodisman) and YouTube video (link from I am a Ghost) posted in the forums (thread):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJgltCQ7omo

---
Related items:
Kitty3780 writes:
BBC 6 Music have been running a series of radio shows to compliment the recent TV programmes on BBC 1 about the 7 ages of rock. The last show in the series looks at Indie music and the Britpop scene, and will focus on The Smiths, with contributions from Johnny Marr.

You can hear the programme on DAB radio, or online by visiting the website.

You can also listen again online for 7 days after the programme has been broadcast.

The show will first be broadcast between 21:30 and 22:00 GMT on 28 June 2007.
natec writes:
From BBC News
-----
Music retailer Fopp has announced it is shutting down its 105 shops, as the firm becomes the latest victim of the slump in CD sales.
"It is with great regret that we announce the closure of Fopp," said a spokesman for the company.
-----

The stores are closing with immediate effect, quite obviously cancelling the appearance that Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce were to make at their flagship London, Tottenham Court Road store on July 16th, as reported in an early Morrissey-solo story.
---
Link from Martin:

Fopp closes down its 105 stores - BBC News
This Charming Man writes:
from NME.com:

Noel Gallagher: 'Johnny Marr made me pick up a guitar'

Oasis leader admits The Smiths inspired him to form a band

Oasis leader Noel Gallagher has admitted that The Smiths inspired him to pick up a guitar.

The star claims that seeing the Manchester legends on 'Top Of The Pops' for the first time turned his head.

"I remember seeing The Smiths on Top Of The Pops, and I don't mean this in a sycophantic way, but I wanted to be Johnny Marr," he said. "He had the Brian Jones haircut, the turtleneck, and the big red semi-acoustic guitar and he was cool as fuck."

Gallagher made the admission on this week's Britpop edition of '7 Ages Of Rock'.

The show will also recall the rise of a host of indie bands including Blur, Suede, The Stone Roses, The Libertines and will document Oasis's legendary Knebworth gigs.

Reflecting on their famous gigs Gallagher added: "Knebworth House is Batman's house in the films. Did you know that? Well, when you see the Batman films and they drive through the big gates, well that's Knebworth House. So there I was driving into Batman's fucking gaff right, in a Rolls Royce, off my head!

"And I remember driving into this big field, and sitting on my Rolls Royce thinking I was Jimi Hendrix at Woodstock, and nearly having a panic attack cos I'd been up all night drinking, and going yeah! I'll take it. Where do I sign?"

'7 Ages Of Rock' will be aired on BBC 2 on Saturday at 9pm and on BBC 1 on Sunday at 11.05pm.
Today's News | July 1 | June 29  >

[ home | terms of service ]